Klek-Chunn ThReAd

grogee

congratulations.  I miss my 9-5 HOT 

Can't quite tell from the picture but looks like that little red tab might have popped loose. I remember thinking mine was broken and sealing it with high temperature exhaust sealant but turned out it just needed pushing home 🤦🏼

Screenshot_20220109-103838_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

congratulations.  I miss my 9-5 HOT 

Can't quite tell from the picture but looks like that little red tab might have popped loose. I remember thinking mine was broken and sealing it with high temperature exhaust sealant but turned out it just needed pushing home 🤦🏼

Screenshot_20220109-103838_Chrome.jpg

I'll check, thanks for the tip

Aaaaand.... home. Faultless performance by the old Swede, though we did rather tour back at giffer speed of 65mph. @Cluffy got fed up with seeing 32mpg on his Jag's trip computer so booted it to ninety, naturally I retaliated. It does shift quite nicely when asked. Though it's a braver man than me who would ask it to do so while turning. 

Disgracefully, @djoptix failed to declare a major fault: rear window washer n/w. Absolute shyster, will see you in court etc. 

Seriously though it's better than described IMO. Apparently the HVAC was suffering with sticky flaps (TADTS) but I stuck it on Auto/18 and felt a bit chilly, then changed to 22 and felt a bit warm. 20 was the Goldilocks setting and seemed fine. I've yet to try the system during a frosty demist session, but apart from some exploratory trim-off poking and diagnostics I won't worry too much. 

Finally let's clear up the buffet breakfast mystery. S/M/L referred to the size of the plate, which is all very Alan Partridge. And anyway, I'm the sort of person that would pay for 'S' then balance 2ft of breakfast onto a saucer. 

Unfortunately Winter Stream Farm public house can't be trusted with fried eggs or sausages, both of which were sub-optimal. A shame because the staff were very friendly. 

Big thanks to @Cluffy for the lift and chinwag, surprisingly a V8 Jag is a much nicer way to travel than public transport.

Screenshot_20220109-132133.png

Screenshot_20220109-132220.png

Screenshot_20220109-132242.png

IMG_20220109_125819529.jpg

Has anyone got an Aero and a Polo for the confectionary shitists dream fleet? 

Well bought Sir. Just had mine serviced (full fat) at a cost of considerably more than the purchase price. But as it looks like a keeper I am gradually getting all the little niggles sorted. This time it was temperature control. I was surprised to see three fuel filters on the invoice, is this a thing or something I need to inquire about?

A good morning out and first proper use of the Jag. Yes, 33mpg is unacceptable and needed remedying but evidence shows not by much... 
I think the Saab is wonderful. So much car for the cash and very comfortable. You'll make it marvellous, George... 

And yes, the breakfast was only ok (although I cant really comment as I didn't pay..!) but, work needed for it to be recommended given the aforementioned eggs/sausages over done and the opposite on the black pudding which was way too rubbery. These things are important....

44 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Has anyone got an Aero and a Polo for the confectionary shitists dream fleet? 

Well bought Sir. Just had mine serviced (full fat) at a cost of considerably more than the purchase price. But as it looks like a keeper I am gradually getting all the little niggles sorted. This time it was temperature control. I was surprised to see three fuel filters on the invoice, is this a thing or something I need to inquire about?

Shitting hell I hope not. I will read up on my Saab HBoL. 

When you say 'temperature control' do you mean engine or cabin?

I intend to do as much as I can myself. First order of business: Let's have a diagnostic party. See if we can pinpoint EML (henceforth to be known as 'MILf light') and headlamp level fault lamp.

Then have a good old service and rummage. Drain auto box and refill with fresh Aisin-Warner juice.

Invest in some new or used tyres. Check brakes, flush fluid, new pads where necessary. 

Check suspension, rust points, clean up any grot and treat it with paint and/or waxy goo.

Fix stereo, diagnostic suggests car and head unit need to 'get married'. That'll be fun, I might wear a suit.

Fix rear window washer.

Use and check HVAC system and top up gas, fix sticky flaps/actuators/rods/whatever and get it working.

Fix cupholder.

first port of call for a milf light on these is the vacuum hoses. Its a fantastically complex vac system and the hoses like popping off.   I can't remember if that red clip I mentioned earlier throws the Milf too

Headlamp leveling issues can be a pain, usual of level sensor plastic links breaking or the contacts inside the plugs on the rear sensor disintegrating in a puff of green powdery residue after moisture getting in

Other tips I can remember from mine.  The crank position sensors can fail , symptoms are usually random crank/no start that disappears next time you try to start, but they get worse. cheap/easy fix and worth either having a spare or fitting one as preventive measure

Any chain washing noise at cold start is almost certainly the top guide going hard (its made of rubber) and not chain wear or tensioner issues unless its mega high miles. Another cheap and easy fix, although the rocket cover gakets are a bit of a fiddle to refit

if it has HID headlights, any flickering is usually not the bulb or the wiring, but the ballast. Can usually be made to work again after opening up and cleaning with contact cleaner inside, being careful due to the stupidly high voltage

18 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

first port of call for a milf light on these is the vacuum hoses. Its a fantastically complex vac system and the hoses like popping off.   I can't remember if that red clip I mentioned earlier throws the Milf too

Headlamp leveling issues can be a pain, usual of level sensor plastic links breaking or the contacts inside the plugs on the rear sensor disintegrating in a puff of green powdery residue after moisture getting in

Other tips I can remember from mine.  The crank position sensors can fail , symptoms are usually random crank/no start that disappears next time you try to start, but they get worse. cheap/easy fix and worth either having a spare or fitting one as preventive measure

Any chain washing noise at cold start is almost certainly the top guide going hard (its made of rubber) and not chain wear or tensioner issues unless its mega high miles. Another cheap and easy fix, although the rocket cover gakets are a bit of a fiddle to refit

if it has HID headlights, any flickering is usually not the bulb or the wiring, but the ballast. Can usually be made to work again after opening up and cleaning with contact cleaner inside, being careful due to the stupidly high voltage

Thanks for the tips. I'll do some Tech-2 interrogation and report back. So pleasing* to hear that the vac system is fantastically complicated; I am full of bravado having fixed the Brokus' Powershit gearbox.

Not sure if it has HID lights but my theory is that I wouldn't have a warning light if there weren't HID lights, as the levelling system is a legal requirement for HIDs. So makes sense that it would have. Not too worried about sensor replacement although my initial scan for parts couldn't find anything cheaper than £80 😕

2 hours ago, grogee said:

Aaaaand.... home. Faultless performance by the old Swede, though we did rather tour back at giffer speed of 65mph. @Cluffy got fed up with seeing 32mpg on his Jag's trip computer so booted it to ninety, naturally I retaliated. It does shift quite nicely when asked. Though it's a braver man than me who would ask it to do so while turning. 

Disgracefully, @djoptix failed to declare a major fault: rear window washer n/w. Absolute shyster, will see you in court etc. 

Seriously though it's better than described IMO. Apparently the HVAC was suffering with sticky flaps (TADTS) but I stuck it on Auto/18 and felt a bit chilly, then changed to 22 and felt a bit warm. 20 was the Goldilocks setting and seemed fine. I've yet to try the system during a frosty demist session, but apart from some exploratory trim-off poking and diagnostics I won't worry too much. 

Finally let's clear up the buffet breakfast mystery. S/M/L referred to the size of the plate, which is all very Alan Partridge. And anyway, I'm the sort of person that would pay for 'S' then balance 2ft of breakfast onto a saucer. 

Unfortunately Winter Stream Farm public house can't be trusted with fried eggs or sausages, both of which were sub-optimal. A shame because the staff were very friendly. 

Big thanks to @Cluffy for the lift and chinwag, surprisingly a V8 Jag is a much nicer way to travel than public transport.

Screenshot_20220109-132133.png

Screenshot_20220109-132220.png

Screenshot_20220109-132242.png

IMG_20220109_125819529.jpg

The trick at Winter Stream Farm, is to get small plate. Then go up 5 times to get your moneys worth. IF you can put up with the sausages / eggs.