But doesn’t affect way car runs m8...

sierraman

3 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

There is still good stuff to be had… just picked a really nice Chrysler Voyager diesel for just over £1300…….pretty much mint, 127k miles, 7 months MOT. If you look at stuff everybody else thinks is worthless shit, there is good stuff out there…….

Yeah I tend to agree there, avoid the usual german shite since its all high in demand and absolutely ropey at those prices for the most part. Ssangyongs, kias/hyundais, american stuff are all quite cheap for condition

eg: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185233613077?hash=item2b20c8a115:g:WPgAAOSwJ2thzDTx

image.thumb.png.5dbce6b3cd6289a9d196a51968515f7c.png

Rough round the body but 25k miles for a grand and a years MOT, cant complain

There are some proper planks on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234335099217?hash=item368f75d951:g:KVgAAOSwRPZhuNmu

s-l1600.jpg

to quote

"But here’s the honest part. Incredibly, I don’t like the car from the inside but when I bought it I had to get back home as I had travelled the 200+ miles by train and taxi so I was stuck plus it was that weekend of terrible weather. The car was not exactly as described in the advert and being honest if I would have been able to get back home I would have done so without buying. However, the good news for an prospective buyer is that almost all issues have now been rectified at a cost to me of £834.86 (invoices will be provided). As you can see from the Gov.uk MOT history website there are four advisories – a tyre, which is an easy fix, underbody corrosion and two slight oil leaks. Here’s the good news – if you take the car to Silk Mill Garage Ltd and leave it there for 2-days he will fully Waxoyl rustproof the car for and it will then last for many years. The cost is £60 to steam clean and blast away all surface rust and £320 for the Waxoyl which is not just sprayed on but he drills small holes everywhere, including the doors, so that the car gets a deep protection. At the same time for an additional £15 he will steam clean the engine bay, top and bottom, it will then be possible to see where the small leaks originate. The only other two small issues are the window seal and the offside bumper scrape, both being easily rectifiable. When completed you will have a beautiful car for many years to come while most others get scrapped making your car increasingly valuable. There are no error codes showing"

So to paraphrase, its rusty just like every other x type, but its ok buy the car and spend £400 rustproofing it afterwards, what a bellend.

4 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

to quote

"But here’s the honest part. Incredibly, I don’t like the car from the inside but when I bought it I had to get back home as I had travelled the 200+ miles by train and taxi so I was stuck plus it was that weekend of terrible weather. The car was not exactly as described in the advert and being honest if I would have been able to get back home I would have done so without buying. However, the good news for an prospective buyer is that almost all issues have now been rectified at a cost to me of £834.86 (invoices will be provided). As you can see from the Gov.uk MOT history website there are four advisories – a tyre, which is an easy fix, underbody corrosion and two slight oil leaks. Here’s the good news – if you take the car to Silk Mill Garage Ltd and leave it there for 2-days he will fully Waxoyl rustproof the car for and it will then last for many years. The cost is £60 to steam clean and blast away all surface rust and £320 for the Waxoyl which is not just sprayed on but he drills small holes everywhere, including the doors, so that the car gets a deep protection. At the same time for an additional £15 he will steam clean the engine bay, top and bottom, it will then be possible to see where the small leaks originate. The only other two small issues are the window seal and the offside bumper scrape, both being easily rectifiable. When completed you will have a beautiful car for many years to come while most others get scrapped making your car increasingly valuable. There are no error codes showing"

So to paraphrase, its rusty just like every other x type, but its ok buy the car and spend £400 rustproofing it afterwards, what a bellend.

Here’s the good news – if you take the car to Silk Mill Garage Ltd and leave it there for 2-days he will fully Waxoyl rustproof the car for and it will then last for many years. The cost is £60 to steam clean and blast away all surface rust and £320 for the Waxoyl which is not just sprayed on but he drills small holes everywhere, including the doors, so that the car gets a deep protection. At the same time for an additional £15 he will steam clean the engine bay, top and bottom, it will then be possible to see where the small leaks originate. 

why dont you....

28 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

steam clean and blast away all surface rust and £320 for the Waxoyl which is not just sprayed on but he drills small holes everywhere, including the doors, so that the car gets a deep protection

Ah yes, the age old rust solution of washing the loose rust off, and then while sealing in the left over rust and moisture in with a coat of goo, drilling holes everywhere to give it the best chance of (not) rusting further. 🤣

Or am I missing something? 

34 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Ah yes, the age old rust solution of washing the loose rust off, and then while sealing in the left over rust and moisture in with a coat of goo, drilling holes everywhere to give it the best chance of (not) rusting further. 🤣

Or am I missing something? 

More or less what I understood too. I bet he hasn't put any bungs in the holes he drilled either.

You are supposed to drill into sealed box sections etc. to do cavity waxing, but you're then required to plug it back up otherwise you've just turned your car into a waxy colander.

1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

s-l1600.jpg

to quote

So he doesn't like it then?

Not entirely related, but I've been struck by the number of adverts for cars with "issues" that contain the phrase "could be a easy fix".  It's interesting that there seems to be a correlation between the inability to diagnose apparently simple faults and the inability to correctly use the indefinite article.

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

getting finance on a ten year old diesel is absolute lunacy. 

Honestly I can't understand how it is still possible to buy such a car at anything under 40% APR. Someone financing a 5 grand 120k a4 from a dealer over 3 years has an almost 100% certainty that the car will fail in some very expensive way well before the £200 a month finance is paid off, and when it does they will just stop paying the finance, meanwhile "GB PREMIUM MOTORS 2018 LTD"  who sold it to them has long since closed down and the finance company will have no chance of viably dragging the remaining few grand out of the angry bloke who owned it

2 hours ago, Jazoli said:

s-l1600.jpg

to quote

From the MOT history waxoyling this now is simply like moving deck chairs on the titanic....

16 hours ago, cobblers said:

Honestly I can't understand how it is still possible to buy such a car at anything under 40% APR. Someone financing a 5 grand 120k a4 from a dealer over 3 years has an almost 100% certainty that the car will fail in some very expensive way well before the £200 a month finance is paid off, and when it does they will just stop paying the finance, meanwhile "GB PREMIUM MOTORS 2018 LTD"  who sold it to them has long since closed down and the finance company will have no chance of viably dragging the remaining few grand out of the angry bloke who owned it

Yeah someone in that position, probably through no fault of their own is a dreadful risk. Very likely be better off with a bank loan though chances are they’ve been down that road already.