Last collection of 2021?

Flat4

3 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Google Maps says drive time home of 4 hrs and 30 minutes so no chance of making it back for work. Guess a sickie is being pulled then ;)

from not far from where the plough was to glasgow a transit  full to brim and carrying two other people

did glesga in less than three hours

Home safely now :) No pictures coz dark but absolutely no dramas at all coming up the road. It even handles the twisties reasonably well! Okay I did use the stiffest suspension setting but it's definitely better than the Volvo, which it might end up replacing. Altho you definitely feel the weight when going round corners - it's a bit more of a handful than the Scoob in that regard 🤣

Big thank you to @DirtyDaily for coming all the way out to Manchester to help with the collection. Good to meet you and your fleet :) I appreciate you saving it and driving it up from Coventry :D

Thank you also to everyone who purchased a roffle ticket and essentially paid for our new car. It could not have come at a better time with the V70 being out of MOT and the Civic misbehaving, both of which were our go-to mile munchers because of their high MPGs. I dunno what the Merc did on the run home but even after 260ish miles, it's still showing 420 miles of range on the trip :o

I consider myself to be incredibly lucky to have this and today has just reminded me what an amazing community this is. I hope to be able to pay it forward in 2022.

can i just add thanks to @DirtyDaily for being a total gent, when the girl you love goes off on crazy roadies i do worry, is the geezer sound, is the motor okay, will she get home.... job done on all 3, with us having dogs and ferrets and my health doing a roadie as a couple cant happen. cheers to all the prev owners for keeping this old barge alive

• 2 months later...

Going really well, thanks :) Touch wood! You can have first dibs if we ever move it on, if you'd like?

It's just been a 700ish-mile round trip to it's old stomping ground at the weekend - back to Manchester, then Grimsby then home to Ayrshire. Did the whole lot on one tank! Which is just as well considering that now costs £140 to brim it 😕

I can work around the "doesn't like hills" issue by knocking it down a gear manually. Nice drive on the A66 on the way home!

20220321_075158.jpg