Last collection of 2021?

Flat4

Well, it is for me anyway! And my alarm isn't due to go off for another hour but one of the dogs wanted out for a wee....

Now wondering if it's worth bothering trying to get back to sleep....I'm really looking forward to this one! :D

Said car has now been added to the Civic's policy for the next 2 months while we shuffle the fleet around. New year's resolution is to cut the monthly car tax bill and do some fleet rationalisation....which is exactly why I'm going into 2022 with an extra one....

First mode of transport for today - my wee Civic :)

20211230_052251.thumb.jpg.5a7eaf03645c6a74643bd353096cbff3.jpg

Which is being left at the station overnight in a bid to lull the neighbours into a false sense of security that there isn't, in fact, yet another car joining the fleet.... It's next to a British Transport Police office so it should hopefully be safe overnight.

Once I actually get on a train, I am going to attempt to get the contents of the carrier bag into 1 of my 2 back packs. 1 contains various fluids, the other various tools. I don't expect to need any of them but you can guarantee if I didn't have them, then I would!

20211230_052002.thumb.jpg.ee21f1f89d21c2dff64435996fa1da20.jpg

It's so early that not even the ticket office is open!

20211230_052026.thumb.jpg.2f3840f70f1700d78abd526c1e01baf8.jpg

First train of the day :) ButBut ScotRail Wi-Fi does not approve of AutoShite and won't load it 😂 I may need to purchase more data as the day goes on...

FINALLY on the bus. It's very comfortable, has full 3 point seat belts, very busy but thankfully I have my own seat, no one sitting next to me :) Only an hour and a half late leaving Glasgow 😡 Which means I probably won't have time for a rest break on the way home. I start work at 5.45.... Let's see if I make it...

Thankfully I'm not on this bus today. That's a helluva journey, on a coach, on narrow windey roads....

20211230_065207.thumb.jpg.9d601c64c867976298d126bec8044cf6.jpg

Funnily enough, can confirm the loo does work. Poo count 0 but just as well coz the bog roll is all soggy, getting wet from the sink 😕 At least, I hope it's from the sink! Most confusing experience as none of the controls were labelled so you're stood pressing each black button til you figure out what each one is for...

Now on the M6, 16 miles from Penrith, which is my half way point ;) Going to try to get another couple of hours kip before we land.

Btw, what's the max permissible speed for a double decker coach on the motorway?

3 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

I don't feel so bad about leaving my charging cable in the bag that's in with the luggage now :D These are on the back of all the seats. It must have turned on when the engine started. 45m to fully charge so I'll have 100% battery by the time I get off :)

20211230_104152.thumb.jpg.5b5392d47151b1380c158d83dceceea7.jpg

Also, Cumbria is foggy.

That is a snazzy bus. 

Stopped at Southwaite Services to fill myself up with caffeine and let the Merc rest it's turbo. It really didn't like the hills through Cumbria and struggled to maintain 60 at times. Still, I'm over half way now.

Apart from that, I'm impressed! It's surprisingly sure-footed for a rear wheel drive with nearly 500nm of torque on average tyres in the wet and fog. And now dark! I'm interested to see what it does with the twisties on the home stretch.