Separated at birth

chaseracer

@junkyarddog mentioned the Vauxhall Victor FE estate. I always thought that the American Motors Corp (AMC) Hornet Sportabout bore a strong resemblance to them from the side.

Vauxhall:

1972 Vauxhall Victor FE Estate 1800 (78 Hp) | Technical specs, data, fuel  consumption, Dimensions

AMC:

http://www.stationwagonfinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/1974_amc_hornet_1.jpg

1974_amc_hornet_1.jpg

Also, note the door handles on the AMC. I think BL stole the design for them for the Marina!

1 hour ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 and Cannon of Strabane Midibus. _20220103_083004.thumb.JPG.1be23045d333382bf24451e7879ee4ac.JPG_20220103_083254.thumb.JPG.79a53976abedf66ae0d43de115f7be57.JPG

I should provide some context. The Cannon bus was launched with almost identical styling in around 2013. 

This was some time after the Enviro 200 was launched. The Cannon was rather controversial as it appeared to be built using E200 spare parts. 

From memory, some parts (glass) even had Adl branding. Much to the chagrin of ADL, hence the rather clumsily re-styled Cannon seen above. 

I don't know what happened to the Cannon. Not sure it even entered service as I cannot find information on it now... 🤓

2 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

I should provide some context. The Cannon bus was launched with almost identical styling in around 2013. 

This was some time after the Enviro 200 was launched. The Cannon was rather controversial as it appeared to be built using E200 spare parts. 

From memory, some parts (glass) even had Adl branding. Much to the chagrin of ADL, hence the rather clumsily re-styled Cannon seen above. 

I don't know what happened to the Cannon. Not sure it even entered service as I cannot find information on it now... 🤓

The one in the picture is with Nash, Foulksmills as 141-DL-1929 for their Wexford-Rosslare service.

It's reckoned the original Cannon E200 clone is in New Zealand.

2 hours ago, cms206 said:

The one in the picture is with Nash, Foulksmills as 141-DL-1929 for their Wexford-Rosslare service.

It's reckoned the original Cannon E200 clone is in New Zealand.

Thankyou very much this information! An (albeit cursory) search bought up only a few pictures; none of them the original 'clone' bus. 

I think the underframe was notably different including Independent Front Suspension. 

I might be completely wrong about this though... 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

I don't see much similarity apart from both being hatchback in shape

Got the years wrong.

Disastra.

2017-vauxhall-astra.thumb.jpg.6b257650ef0a15ac9f63bcedb9f63681.jpg

Migrane.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.01ac18485717e3a97cb1ba6e7682d88b.jpg

General shape and lines of the doors (both the top of the door, bottom of the windows), and the flat rectangular rear lights.

• 5 months later...