Can someone let Missy Charm in

Bstardchild

From another Forum

"Hi all,

I attempted to sign up for an Autoshite forum account a couple of weeks ago, and got as far as being notified that an administrator was due to activate it. That hasn't happened yet. I've reported the issue to them via the 'contact us' function, but no response to that either. Account name, as set up, is 'Missy Charm', same as here. Does anyone here use Autoshite and in a position to assist? Bit stuck otherwise!"

TIA

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

Both are acceptable.

21786F9B-10D9-48AF-9E99-0A6CDE3C8432.png

I use fora because I studied Latin at school. 

I use forums because I understand that both are cognate to an earlier PIE word, that pluralisation of such cognates takes the form used by the spoken(/written) language, that cognates given new meanings as language evolves are treated as loan words, that loan words use the plural form of the spoken language, and that taking things you learned in school as gospel is often a silly thing to do. 

Dropping Latin words into conversational English in place of perfectly cromulent normal English terms will be a kneecapping offence when I'm in power... 

1 hour ago, yes oui si said:

I use forums because I understand that both are cognate to an earlier PIE word, that pluralisation of such cognates takes the form used by the spoken(/written) language, that cognates given new meanings as language evolves are treated as loan words, that loan words use the plural form of the spoken language, and that taking things you learned in school as gospel is often a silly thing to do. 

Dropping Latin words into conversational English in place of perfectly cromulent normal English terms will be a kneecapping offence when I'm in power... 

Tut tut, young YOS.  Do you not remember the old saying - "A Latinised plural embiggens the smallest sentence"?

7 hours ago, yes oui si said:

*Yawn*

8 hours ago, yes oui si said:

Can I use your explanation as to why I am allowed to use certain modern words in scramble. 

Some people in my extended family argue at 50% of the words I put down on the board. 

22 minutes ago, New POD said:

Can I use your explanation as to why I am allowed to use certain modern words in scramble. 

Some people in my extended family argue at 50% of the words I put down on the board. 

Do what you want, I've never played Scramble before. How does it work? 

33 minutes ago, yes oui si said:

Do what you want, I've never played Scramble before. How does it work? 

My dad had a go, once....

In WWII basic training, Live Grenade drill.

A guy in 'his' team foxhole yarked the pin >> hoyyed it >> straight UP = straight DOWN again 😵!!!

Scramble.

24 minutes ago, GeorgeB said:

So what was the problem with Missy Charm's registration?

And why doesn't the "Contact Us" function work?

We get lots (and I mean lots) of requests to join daily, and believe it or not, we all have full time jobs that pay the bills.
We do respond to the ‘Contact us’ function but I appreciate it’s not always as quickly as some people would like. 
Trust me, we do the best we can 🙂👍