Calendar - December 2022

adw1977

That's a tough choice... Really would be nice for at least one of our collective Invacars to make an appearance - though I really like that picture of the Acclaim, it's just so nicely done.

I know they're not to everyone's taste, but would be nice to see one of the Invacars in there.

2021 was the first year I had one of the Calendars, I assume TWC at least showed up in one of the earlier ones?

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

That's a tough choice... Really would be nice for at least one of our collective Invacars to make an appearance - though I really like that picture of the Acclaim, it's just so nicely done.

I know they're not to everyone's taste, but would be nice to see one of the Invacars in there.

2021 was the first year I had one of the Calendars, I assume TWC at least showed up in one of the earlier ones?

Yeah dont think I can compete with the @captain_70s's lovely Acclaim shot! (not that I was even trying!)

that and I think thanks to me, most people have seen enough Model 70's to last them a life time and dont want one on their wall sadly LOL

still would be neat to see REV in a calendar at some point mind dont get me wrong LOL

I was pleased with that shot. It's amazing what potatocams will do these days. Back in the day you would need a tripod and a 30 second exposure to get a result like that. And I used to carry a tripod with me on most days out but I wouldn't stand in the middle of Oxford Street for 30 seconds. It was mainly for railway photography but I got some nice night shots of RMs, mainly in garages. 

That picture of Captains Acclaim is special though, far more Autoshite than a shiny Routemaster. 

21 hours ago, Yoss said:

I was pleased with that shot. It's amazing what potatocams will do these days. Back in the day you would need a tripod and a 30 second exposure to get a result like that. And I used to carry a tripod with me on most days out but I wouldn't stand in the middle of Oxford Street for 30 seconds.

It seems to be mainly due to sensor sensitivity (ISO rating) capabilities of modern cameras.  It amazes me that the sensors can be so incredibly tiny and have such high sensitivity.  Go back to a DSLR of 10-15 years ago, and they can get to maybe ISO6400, with lots of grain.  potatocams were essentially useless in similar conditions.  These days even the very smallest sensors can get to bonkers figures like 25600ISO, and with a lot less grain than used to be evident, hence you can now get shots like that from a phone.  Stunning really.