Another Collection Mission...

DoctorRetro

Just now, Scruffy Bodger said:

Lucky boy.

Was it just the XS that got the twin carbs? I drove one years ago and it went very well indeed for a 1.4

The XS has a two barrel carburettor. The same engine combo went into the early ZX 1.4s and the Citroen AX Sport had it too.

People are now making manifolds for single AND dual DCOE carburettors! Fancy.

2 minutes ago, Scruffy Bodger said:

Must be my memory going, thought it had two singles on it.

AFAIK it never did- I've only ever seen engines with various single barrel and two barrel carbs on them, but only 1 carburettor per engine.

9 hours ago, CreepingJesus said:

Unless the twin carb was a homologation special, or competition pack? 

Lovely little motors though, I'm constantly impressed how many are still around. Top buyage

I've given it to him to use for free for a few months :)

11 hours ago, Fumbler said:

AFAIK it never did- I've only ever seen engines with various single barrel and two barrel carbs on them, but only 1 carburettor per engine.

My old XS had two carbs. Don't remember much else about it,though, aside from the fact it wasn't a TU engine. It was quite early, E reg IIRC. 

7 minutes ago, sporty-shite said:

My old XS had two carbs. Don't remember much else about it,though, aside from the fact it wasn't a TU engine. It was quite early, E reg IIRC. 

11 hours ago, Fumbler said:

Early 205s with the 1.4 suitcase had twin Solexes (GT, XT 1983-86) or twin Webers (GT, XS 1987-88).

I don’t think any early BXs got a twin carb suitcase or the later TU3S as a standard engine.

24 minutes ago, sporty-shite said:

10 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Early 205s with the 1.4 suitcase had twin Solexes (GT, XT 1983-86) or twin Webers (GT, XS 1987-88).

I don’t think any early BXs got a twin carb suitcase or the later TU3S as a standard engine.

D'oh, forgot about the suitcase engine!