Cars to “see you out”.

bangernomics

On 12/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, Motown said:

My wife will see me out as she will most definitely be the death of me

Shes very much like an old car in some ways... massive boot (arse) drinks alot is rusty around the edges and constantly needs attention.

1542736731_96865200_10158516071728910_1925758933461368832_n(1).thumb.jpg.b7ce60e2b31dd2b4bdd2ab20003ad4b9.jpg

Is your wife the one on the right? 🤣🤣

I'm 17 going on 18 so I don't know if a wee nugget like my Fabia will be going (sure as hell not on it's original engine if it were to continue) whenever my body decides that being a part of the mortal coil is not in the five-year plan. A Ford Scorpio hearse (the "new" shape one) would be my choice of final transportation if I had the choice, preferably in a garish and/or bright colour though.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, sutty2006 said:

After buying the 2015 A6 Allroad full of technology, I’m hoping it will see me out. But I am in my mid 30s now so I’m not holding my hopes up. I’ll do my best to keep hold of it. The mantas will definitely still be around until my time comes. Even if they price us off the road, I’ll go rouge. 

If your times comes a bit quicker than you thought, I'll take the mantas off your hands. Stop them getting in the way like.

I hope it doesn't see me out (im only 24) but I surely dont plan on selling it, ever.

image.thumb.png.b12a0b976c69b95b384f5de00fb6ff12.png

Manages the 50 mile round trip to work everyday and passed the last MOT a week ago even with its bad headlight bulb, so as long as the rust doesnt get it (any further) it'll be around a bit

Whatever it is needs to be simple enough that I can rebuild or recreate the parts it has by myself.

Though, once you're not allowed to drive a car yourself (the car must drive itself for safety) would probably be the point where I am forced into whatever corporate podule conveyance you must share with your tenement neighbors.

That future is unknown. But, something like the Chieftain would work. Mechanically quite simple. Interesting enough to be worthwhile. Big enough to be able to retrofit the power cells and electric driveline kit off whatever Toyota vehicle. 

Saw a DeLorean not that long ago, and at the same time a Studebaker Avanti. Both sold for way more money than I have, but they were real good condition. The DeLorean even had it's Renault engine still, which ran very nicely.

Bearing in mind that I normally ride a moped in south London (when it isn't broken, which it has been for a while) end of life is not necessarily a long way off!

I tend to keep cars for a looooooong time, so depending on what the future holds for ICE cars, I wouldn't be too surprised to still have my 2cv. It was my first car, and I've had it since 1994, so it's hardly impossible! And yes, it does still go. Not as often as I'd like because work, or at the moment because covid, but generally I still use it when I can and let's face it, there's not a lot to go wrong!