Is the VAG shite now going to go bang..

Vince70

The other day I had about a 100 mile round trip to hospital so decided to use the V5 golf as it hadn’t been used in about 3 months but did a couple of station runs first to see it was okay during the week.

About 30 miles into the journey the red oil light of death came on with a beeping noise occasionally so stopped and checked the oil and the levels were perfect and the car sounded okay with no knocking and most definitely wasn’t overheating in fact it was driving perfectly apart from a suspension knock once in awhile when driving over a bad pothole.

The red light would randomly just go on and off and when I parked up for half hour it was okay for about 10 minutes into the drive back home.

I stopped off again for another 20 minutes and did about another 20 mile drive and the light didn’t come back at all  and the engine  sounds okay still.

I also noticed that my temperature gauge was a bit temperamental as it would stay just above the quarter but when I turned the ignition on and off it would sit halfway till I started the car.

I’m just wondering do you guys think I’ve got electrical gremlins  or is the engine knackered as I would of thought if the oil light was on and it was working correctly the engine would of seized.

F5DD6534-8B13-4876-A985-85CDEC8A890B.jpeg

4C9C4B98-538E-4198-8117-17CB82186561.jpeg

E29466EB-F682-472C-A2D4-DE1CC1C4858C.jpeg

The culprit is probably the usual shite VAG electrics, but keep in mind that the oil pumps in those V5 engines can suffer from sticking pressure relief valves which can cause low oil pressure. So further investigation is probably a good idea, to ensure the "electrical problem" doesn't result in a very broken engine.

The weird thing is it hasn’t happened since so fingers crossed means it’s okay but I do know this old car was seriously neglected for about 7 years so I’m hoping it isn’t a clogged up oil pickup as it needed 3 oil changes in a 1000 miles to get it looking  like something that resembled  engine oil.

I’m hopefully using the V5 for the next couple of months then it will be hibernating again till next October.

I want to get the next car on the fleet ready for February.

I didn’t need this one but a low mileage rust free top of the range MK3.5 cabriolet with  a ticket for £250 was too good to turn down.

So two Golfs for £250 seems like a bargain lol.

I would sell the V5 but with its little quirks I wouldn’t want to risk flogging it and just hate selling cheap cars as there’s only so many broken PlayStation’s a man can take lol.

6515CEF8-5022-42F2-9E44-765FB189AE4E.jpeg

AEE58B56-0FC0-4175-8DBF-26D8DB88C881.jpeg

DE80E88C-5674-4059-993E-727EFC8D0239.jpeg

F9B7BDE5-660B-4162-8FD1-22C2AAD6CF5C.jpeg