Purple Moose! Brownnova’s Ovlov! - Road Trip!!

brownnova

7 hours ago, Floatylight said:

So, when do you start renting a barn?

Yep up to 11 now… had to do a lot of driveway shuffling to get cars in the right places for a new arrival on Saturday.

Some need to exit the fleet. I think around 9 is the right level for me. 

8 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Happy to assist it's repatriation.

That looks awesome, best colour.  Assume it has the rear facing seats?

It’s staying in Wales… 

No just a 5 seater this one.

Its the 1st tomorrow… so I’ll get this taxed and take it to work! 

• brownnova changed the title to Purple Moose! Brownnova’s Ovlov 940!

So it was tax it day today so I could use it! Amazingly I’ve not really had a chance to look round it in the light yet as I leave in the dark and get home in the dark. And on pick up day it was getting dark when I got home so… roll on Saturday! 

So far the broken list is two: the height adjustment for the seat seems to have failed. I feel slightly perched - changing which memory position the seat is in seems to make no difference, so the motor may have failed. I did manage to find a comfy position in the end. And the switch for the hazard warning lights has broken off, just the plastic bit which will need replacing.

It grumbles into life rather than roars, and a bit of belt squeak when cold. But… it’s amazing and I already love it! 

Nice buy @brownnova!! I’ve got a manual R reg 2.3 turbo as my run around (my third 940 turbo), and I love it. Fantastically capable cars,  the last proper Volvo in my opinion: still RWD and uniquely boxy like the 240 but with ABS and airbags, easy to work on, turbocharged so can press on, fairly well rust proofed from factory, and easy parts availability.  

4 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

I spotted the dealer sticker.

Hylton Gott are just up the road from me and supplied my dads 240 in about 1990.

They are still going and still knocking out Sweedish/Chinese boxes.

Yeah Hilton Gott supplied and serviced for much of the early part of its life! 

I had an S90 and the driver's seat height motor had failed. There are two for seat height, one does front and one does rear or tilt/rake.

From memory I bought another used 960/S90 seat (of the wrong colour) and transplanted the motor. Bit of a faff but that sort of thing makes me happy. Hardest bit was lifting the seat in and out of the car - it's got some gravity.

13 hours ago, brownnova said:

So far the broken list is two: the height adjustment for the seat seems to have failed.

On my C70 I find occasionally I have to give the whole switch / motor panel a good shove back into the seat to remedy exactly this. I only have to do it once every 6 months or so, so it hasn't encouraged me to fix it properly yet.

58 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

GR9 Moose M8
Is that shade called blackberry or summert?

There was a S70(or 60) fork sail on here not long ago - gave me the want.

It probably is Blackberry and yes there was a saloon that colour for sale recently.

Did the Christmas tree collection today, told the fella I had a small car and might struggle… 

BA3005DA-AC23-4ED1-84DA-FEC1F9D39B5D.jpeg

Other things we’ve learnt today… 

The horn is hilariously pathetic. Like a shit tugboat. But it’s so funny I won’t be fixing it!

The fuel gauge is… vague…

There’s a fun orange light that comes on when it’s under 2 degrees.

And that boot really is cavernous!!! 

Honestly it’s a superb superb vehicle! 

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

Did the Christmas tree collection today, told the fella I had a small car and might struggle… 

BA3005DA-AC23-4ED1-84DA-FEC1F9D39B5D.jpeg

Other things we’ve learnt today… 

The horn is hilariously pathetic. Like a shit tugboat. But it’s so funny I won’t be fixing it!

There’s a fun orange light that comes on when it’s under 2 degrees.

And that boot really is cavernous!!! 

Honestly it’s a superb superb vehicle! 

Boo. All 2cvers need a Christmas tree shot with it sticking out the open roof.

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

I think they're supposed to have twin horns, my 740 has one which does a rather sad "toot" and then some wires that go nowhere...

Fuel gauges are fond of moving but not of working, my old 740 used to display empty, 1/2 or full depending on how it felt. Sometimes I'd catch the gauge majestically sweeping from one to the other out of the corner of my eye... The current car has a working fuel gauge, so it only ever moves towards empty at an alarming rapid pace...

With the manual box this must come dangerously close to being not slow...