Purple Moose! Brownnova’s Ovlov! - Road Trip!!

brownnova

Just now, brownnova said:

As mentioned over on news 24.

Sunday: Buy Merc
Wednesday: realise I really quite like the Merc
Thursday: See awesome car for sale on the road less than 5 mins from work. 
Friday: agree a buy

Which leads us to today. 

More details please 

Which awesome car???

Doubleyeller collective

Anyway… last time I bought a car in a storm it was a Saab Convertible from Anglesey, and the high winds made it fun. 

Today we have had the winds, and currently it’s wintery showers.

Anyway… the electrically powered portion of the journey has begun. 

I wasn’t held hostage in Prestatyn at the bong and dildo shop that @bangernomicsseems to have such fond memories off… no kidnapped but the wife to do some shopping… not in the Purple Moose however, as it’s not taxed… and I’m not paying a whole month for the same of two days!

Anyway on to the haul…. 
686B4B19-AD1A-47C0-B6C7-4F7FF58CC359.jpeg63BF482A-107A-4364-9662-A71469B3350C.jpeg

It’s a 940 LPT and it’s absolutely lovely. Owned by an older lady since 2014 it’s very clearly been looked after!

Needs a bit of a clean outside then using!

Originally owned by a pub or it’s landlord in Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire… I’m sure there are Shiters near there. 

Bonus is she said it didn’t have any service history… I found the service book and a load of papers and every service up until 2014 has been meticulously recorded. 

41 minutes ago, hairnet said:

so is the yank gonna cry cos you aint gonna use it?

It’s merely resting for the winter. It’ll still get used… I love it too much to ignore for long!

9 minutes ago, CreepingJesus said:

Also: is that a Pontiac Aztec in the background? 

It’s a TransSport… although I was once asked in a car show ring what it was like owning the car off breaking bad 🙄

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

That's gorgeous.  Does it have a proper gearbox or do you have to do unnecessary work?

Clutch pedal came with the car… I’ll be changing my own gears in this one. 

38 minutes ago, dome said:

Great purchase! When do you move to Fife?

Transfer papers are in. Just awaiting a vote in the mother charter… it’s that we join our Celtic brothers or @Cord Fourteenerand I have our own WVM chapter (always subordinate to the founding SVM) 

11 hours ago, brownnova said:

I wasn’t held hostage in Prestatyn at the bong and dildo shop that @bangernomicsseems to have such fond memories off… no kidnapped but the wife to do some shopping… not in the Purple Moose however, as it’s not taxed… and I’m not paying a whole month for the same of two days!

Anyway on to the haul…. 
686B4B19-AD1A-47C0-B6C7-4F7FF58CC359.jpeg63BF482A-107A-4364-9662-A71469B3350C.jpeg

It’s a 940 LPT and it’s absolutely lovely. Owned by an older lady since 2014 it’s very clearly been looked after!

Needs a bit of a clean outside then using!

Originally owned by a pub or it’s landlord in Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire… I’m sure there are Shiters near there. 

Bonus is she said it didn’t have any service history… I found the service book and a load of papers and every service up until 2014 has been meticulously recorded. 

Oof!