message for all sctsch

hairnet

Couple of power cuts out here on the far corner of Fife, the lights had been flickering since teatime. So I cracked the camping stove out. Flask filled. Checked the various torches. All set, do your worst...

...aye, very funny. Lights go out and can I find any of the eleventy million torches? Or my phone? Or anything? Can I heck... 😂

Might venture out in the morning and see what scrap timber I can lift.

Still blowing here at 3am. Been some mad gusts. Loads of people close by have been without electric since 8pm and no chance of getting it back on before 12 tomorrow. Just about every road around here has fallen trees and branches. 

Horrendous but we've gotten away with it so far. Mainly minor damage to Garden stuff. O2 network has been down for hours, presumably mast damage! 

Plenty firewood tomorrow though. 

7 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Blimey you actually got snow! Whenever snow is forecast in the Midlands it falls as rain or just doesn’t at all. 

My Mrs is in Warwick at the moment, apparently there’s snow forecast there (bet it doesn’t happen mind)

Was wondering where the caravan pic was from! I had thought that if it was one of the nether hell bits of Fife (particularly T-hall for those who know) that it might've been somebody using the storm as a cover to dump an unwanted caravan in a random garden two streets over. Which they probably nicked from somebody two streets the other way, earlier on.

Thought I recognised the block work houses: looks very much like the highest bit of Anderson Drive, up by the hospital. It's -20° up there on a nice summer's day... But just zoom in, check out the person's footwear. Aye, Aberdeen.

Very little damage round here, and no snow. We do seem to have acquired an oil rig though, which I'm sure wasn't there yesterday. It was a fair few miles further out, last I paid any attention to it. Sneaky buggers these oil rigs, always creeping round coastal areas, when they've nothing better to do...<shakes fist>

Predictably, the biggest fence in town has shed its netting. A probably 60-70ft tall catch fence arrangement, and that'll be the third time this year. You think they'd have worked it out by now, wouldn't you? <shakes head>

Unless...it was that pesky oil rig? Tiptoed ashore while the lights were out, kicked it down, and tiptoed back, quietly giggling to itself. Which is why it is where it is...it's acting innocent. Hmm, might be onto something here. <fetches tinfoil hat>

out delivering today apart from overpasses on the motorway wasnt too bad windy wise

did go to sunny salford to a customer - his gate was open and went in but all his shutters were down (v unusual) and only one door open

walked in and fuck all going on walked round to find someone (usually 20+ people knocking about)

found one guy and he said theyd sent everyone home due to a power cut - bit odd as the scrappers next door were working and the place across the road (with electric gate) was open and people in and out

up in oldham and soon as you got off the motorway there was sner

fuxake

was gonna fek with bike but even tho the conifers at bottom of garden arent moving its too cold (and i ride bikes in the winter)

cant be arsed - tea and wheeler dealers

Was lucky to get back to Darlington yesterday.IMG_20211126_090112.thumb.jpg.f634485b9e37054cda91656e3c199e31.jpg

Tomintoul was already like this at 8.00 yesterday morning. Luckily got over the Lecht and through Cockbridge, delivered to Aboyne and got through the Braemar to Glenshee stretch before the snow gates got shut.

County Durham was a bit naughty too,  I've been driving curtainsiders to Scotland over 10 years and I've never known the cross Pennine stretch of the A66 to be so bad.

Quite  blowey in Cambridgeshire.

Just the day for an AX.

I'd stopped to top up the anti-freeze - these have a low-coolant warning light - in the middle of nowhere...seconds after this picture was taken a JRR Tolkien look-alike pootled past in a half-timbered Morris Minor and minutes later I saw a Ford Scorpio on the M11...😆 

20211127_141317.jpg

1 hour ago, AndyW201 said:

Was lucky to get back to Darlington yesterday.IMG_20211126_090112.thumb.jpg.f634485b9e37054cda91656e3c199e31.jpg

Tomintoul was already like this at 8.00 yesterday morning. Luckily got over the Lecht and through Cockbridge, delivered to Aboyne and got through the Braemar to Glenshee stretch before the snow gates got shut.

County Durham was a bit naughty too,  I've been driving curtainsiders to Scotland over 10 years and I've never known the cross Pennine stretch of the A66 to be so bad.

You did well ! That Cockbridge road is usually blocked if you mention the word snow in July 😂

Just back from collecting the AS POS and had a check round. Total damage - none! :-) Lots of trees down at neighbours and along the road but nothing that affects me. My friend who repaired the POS has no power, so left him trying to start the generator he bought 15 years ago! Roads are dreadful, sheet ice and no sign of a gritter. Stopped on the tarmac road to allow a tractor past and needed the diff lock to get going again. Kettle is on and I am going nowhere else today.

I went to Cambridge from London - and back. Very windy and lots of rain- but apart from that OK.  Weather seemed to be keeping people indoors.  There was something like tumbleweed blowing along the M11.

Stopped in Royston and had the most excellent cheese scone in the cafe by the old church yum.

I took the AX because it has the best heater 🌋...and treated it to a new windscreen wiper and some anti-freeze.

165 miles in a 30 year old Citroen that had not been anywhere  for a year.  Dam unreliable  French cars.

Now enjoying  a cuppa but dropping it at the welders later to have its B-posts attended to...so not everything is perfect.

20211127_175414.jpg

Not been too bad here in Norfolk wind- or temperature-wise (bit blowy but nothing destructive), but there have been heavy showers on and off all day which have meant that I've got very little done.  I'm going to have to either put my brave pants on and attempt the rear springs on the Scénic between rain showers tomorrow, or hope that I can get them done in my lunch break on Monday when it's supposed to be nicer.