message for all sctsch

hairnet

The boy around the corner from me lost half his garage roof about an hour ago and i'm fairly sure the old shed out in my back green that's been leaning ever more precariously for the past 2 years is now flatpack.

And the big skips outside have now went flying into a neighbours car....that's going to leave a mark. I was in that space yesterday, glad i lost it now 🤦‍♂️

Going along in the works van I had to actively put effort into keeping it in a straight line against the wind earlier. Took me back to my Dolomite days...

Looks like the worst of it won't get this far West, was fucking cold though. Met Office reckon -3 with the wind chill, certainly felt like it...

Red warning for anyone on the East Coast, Dunbar down to around Newcastle looks the worst with sustained wind speeds of 60mph and gusts to 90mph.

Nothing more than a stiff breeze further West near Falkirk though. I have still placed bricks and wood on anything in the garden that looks like it might get airborne though!

All roads around us are shut or as good as shut due to fallen trees,   I'm sitting listening to the battering being dished out outside,   I'm not even going to look till daylight as not much I can do in the dark anyway,  just hoping I've fitted my garage roof properly 🤔

20211126_172325.thumb.jpg.d09ec4833aa1541d9f5f8d293b773892.jpgI had 2 towbars to do today.. 1st in Bridge of Don.. Kia Sorento, then a BMW X6 near Banchory... I was so glad the chap had a garage! Was a cottage half a mile up up track, and on the way out the track was blocked by a huge tree... Good job I can reverse! Had quite an ordeal getting back home to Fife.. trees down everywhere, snow, power cuts, artic on its side on the A90 , but strange, the Tay Bridge is still open 😮. stopped in a layby for a pee and a smoke, but gave up as I couldn't get the van door open!

Got home to find my bike on its side..  scared to go and have a look.

Don't think it's going to be too long until i lose power. Lights have been flickering all night but are going properly mental now and looking at the power cut tracker they're just getting closer and closer. Been a major failure out by the ferry that has apparently taken out over 657 postcodes on its own. Seems like pretty much my local area and the town centre are the only ones not having issues yet.

A lot of the local roads now closed due to fallen trees etc. Tay bridge is now fully closed as well. Surprised its taken this long to be honest!

3 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Red warning for anyone on the East Coast, Dunbar down to around Newcastle looks the worst with sustained wind speeds of 60mph and gusts to 90mph.

Nothing more than a stiff breeze further West near Falkirk though. I have still placed bricks and wood on anything in the garden that looks like it might get airborne though!

It feels pretty rough here in Airth, I don't know if it's funneling down the Forth or what. Lots of fallen trees, rather noisy, and my garden fence has just fallen on the 240. I think the fence came off worse..

4 minutes ago, juular said:

It feels pretty rough here in Airth, I don't know if it's funneling down the Forth or what. Lots of fallen trees, rather noisy, and my garden fence has just fallen on the 240. I think the fence came off worse..

I think you're right as I'm about 5 or so miles inland from you and apart from the cover blowing off some garden furniture, we've had virtually nothing at all.

My neighbour has a big potted conifer at the end of his driveway, if that goes over then its an indicator that its windy however its still upright just now.

I've been here 10 years and only once, just after we moved in was there ever high winds. Other areas as close as mile away  get severe weather but we get none of it. I wish it would make my house insurance cheaper!

Stay safe everyone, I guess the biggest hazards are falling trees.

Its wild in Macduff. My mate in Gardenstown has a wind speed monitor at his house and it's been blowing at 105mph. Most roads closed by fallen trees, the fast food shop I deliver for were not delivering, so I've had the night off sitting in the house listening to the wind howling around the house. Not looking out, or venturing out until the morning.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk