Not another one? My new purchase

Motown

1 hour ago, Bren said:

SD1's are becoming the new autoshite volvo.

I saw the ad for this on facebook - was it Chorley way?

Yup thats the one 👍

Your a man of incridibly good taste and know abit about SD1s can you see what the cable is in the drivers footwell? I cant quite make out the symbol on the end i do hope its not the choke cable haha! 

8 minutes ago, Motown said:

Yup thats the one 👍

Your a man of incridibly good taste and know abit about SD1s can you see what the cable is in the drivers footwell? I cant quite make out the symbol on the end i do hope its not the choke cable haha! 

Has somebody fitted a manual choke?

2 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

mmmmmmm cashmere gold

Thats right Noel and not a single blob of gunge in sight! 

I always felt cashmere gold or moonraker blue were the best looking SD1 colours with black being very fitting too although less so once it came to washing it 

Nice! It's always pleasing to see an ex-car doing well. I had "TG-Pips" as we called it (nod to PG Tips) for a while in 2018 and I always knew it'd live on as it has a really strong body and interior.  Even underneath is good. I didn't get on with it unfortunately though as it was plagued with brake issues (and ignition issues), all of which were fixed before I sold it on to the chap who took it Manchester bound. I see you found it in my thread, but if you want any more info on it just ask. It's also on the SD1 owners Forum as a more detailed thread somewhere. Ultimately I'd lost trust and favour with it despite getting it fixed, but damn it's good looking and the 6-cylinder sounds great in my opinion. Grade-A rose tinted jealousy. 

(Also, continuing the small world theme, in your second pic, is that at your house? If so it looks like where I picked up the wheels for DoctorRetro's 309. I was in my Volvo 440 and we chatted old cars for a bit. By the sounds of it though it's not arrived yet so they could be seller's photos and it's just a Barratt replica estate)

2001648774_A866TGP(5).thumb.jpeg.1014b8e4df46606608502f99e5fdb4be.jpeg

Mrs Grogee tried* to make a Shepherd's Pie last week but got it so wrong the mashed potato was drowned in stock/juice. Turned out she'd added a litre of stock instead of 250ml. Sensing a difficult* time of the month coming very soon, I backed away from criticism. 

Regarding the Rovver - I was always told the 2300/2600 sixes were garbage, but I bet they're actually OK once you've got some modern seals in there. And if it's survived this long it can't be that bad. 

They look brilliant with the rear spoiler in my opinion. Good luck with the works

10 hours ago, rob88h said:

Nice! It's always pleasing to see an ex-car doing well. I had "TG-Pips" as we called it (nod to PG Tips) for a while in 2018 and I always knew it'd live on as it has a really strong body and interior.  Even underneath is good. I didn't get on with it unfortunately though as it was plagued with brake issues (and ignition issues), all of which were fixed before I sold it on to the chap who took it Manchester bound. I see you found it in my thread, but if you want any more info on it just ask. It's also on the SD1 owners Forum as a more detailed thread somewhere. Ultimately I'd lost trust and favour with it despite getting it fixed, but damn it's good looking and the 6-cylinder sounds great in my opinion. Grade-A rose tinted jealousy. 

(Also, continuing the small world theme, in your second pic, is that at your house? If so it looks like where I picked up the wheels for DoctorRetro's 309. I was in my Volvo 440 and we chatted old cars for a bit. By the sounds of it though it's not arrived yet so they could be seller's photos and it's just a Barratt replica estate)

2001648774_A866TGP(5).thumb.jpeg.1014b8e4df46606608502f99e5fdb4be.jpeg

Great to hear from you good sir! The car hasn't arrived yet iam still trying to arrange transport from Chorley. It has as a few niggles but its nothing i cant sort as ive just restored my other SD1 which i also posted about on here. The car is probably still here due to the intervention during your ownership so i thank you for that shes a beautiful thing! 

The photos are of the car outside the seller house not mine. il probs be intouch with a few questions once the car arrives :) 

All the best 

something about these terrified me as a kid. like grotbags and our Ferguson tv that wouldn’t switch off, I was simply frightened by their existence. a gent in our road had one growing up and I used to run past it (aged 3, not 15)

despite the fashion to knock top gear I very much enjoyed the one Clarkson had on that show with the old British relics. well in. 

On 22/11/2021 at 22:55, Motown said:

il inbox you about gresley to save a witch hunt! 

We're all friends here - if it's gone, I reckon it's still a job well done. You had your fun with it, and it's not like any other bugger was really going to take it on. And I'm just curious!

My 820 passed its MOT at the weekend - only a dozen or so clonks and bangs to track down now...

34 minutes ago, mercedade said:

We're all friends here - if it's gone, I reckon it's still a job well done. You had your fun with it, and it's not like any other bugger was really going to take it on. And I'm just curious!

My 820 passed its MOT at the weekend - only a dozen or so clonks and bangs to track down now...

I managed to finish it off in my opinion it was mechanically sound.... Cosmetically the paint was bad few dents and rust spot from the vandalism also abit crusty around the sunroof.... It could have done with a respray but i didnt bother as i was planning to daily it.... Booked in it for an MOT twice.... both times it was cancelled due to covid and restrictions at the time....

Shortly after someone looking for an 820 saloon who had seen the car on youtube offered to buy it with the intention of giving it a fresh mot and paint... I just wanted to see the car back on the road so i sold it receiving more than enough to cover what id spent on it.... If anything it only cost me my time as i worked in all weathers from my drive restoring it I didnt spend that much on parts as i had a loft full of spares at the time.... However the body shop rendered it to far gone with sunroof and chassis rail rot.... They no doubt qouted the new owner a daft sum of money to sort it so i believe he cut his losses and broke it up.

Ive lost sleep over it and completely regret selling it i only have myself to blame. I only found out recently and didnt want to post its fate in fear of causing a witch hunt!