NEC Classic car show pics... mostly just the shite bits!

Soundwave

Great reporting, all of you. 
Obvoously going to get the horn over the Grannies, the blue Mk3 GT, the Jag wheeled Ventora and that beautiful SD1 V8-S, but the Argenta and various Frenchness also impressed.

But the car of the show has got to be that FSO Hardtop Coupe, I know the 124 Coupe was a lovely thing, but Fiat missed a trick there .

1 hour ago, mcmolloy1 said:

Thanks for posting the pics. What's the deal with the shadow with chunks missing from it?

Demo from a restorer.  It showed badly repaired rust with patches then genuine Rolls Royce repair panels for contrast, botched wiring and generic fuel pumps etc vs. the real thing.  

Half of the car was repaired correctly and the other was Arthur Daley’d.  

I appreciate the posting of the photos, always nice to look round a show without the migraine inducing lights and noise. And finally the world is catching up with me and sees the Morris Ital as a desirable* and collectible* classic.

I know loads of hard work goes into these and people have spent thousands of man hours polishing their pride and joy... but the tyre stickers on this Fiesta can get to fuck. That's just showing off.

20211113_084204_compress85.thumb.jpg.0f580d429e4e6759306d1179dd87b1b5.jpg

I can only reiterate others comments of gratitude for posting these pictures. I had intended going but failed. 
Some really great pictures really give a feel for how good it was. I think hall 8 would have been my favourite and Soundwave gave us a glimpse of what looks like a stunning mk5 Cortina GL in cosmos blue 😍.

My favourite picture though is this from Inconsistant:

Three SD1’s in the best colours, two of them V8S’s. I think I would have spent a lot of time there just drooling

image.jpeg.4d0c1cee8e339a37f2e6d4a7cc77fb7c.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

I can only reiterate others comments of gratitude for posting these pictures. I had intended going but failed. 
Some really great pictures really give a feel for how good it was. I think hall 8 would have been my favourite and Soundwave gave us a glimpse of what looks like a stunning mk5 Cortina GL in cosmos blue 😍.

My favourite picture though is this from Inconsistant:

Three SD1’s in the best colours, two of them V8S’s. I think I would have spent a lot of time there just drooling

image.jpeg.4d0c1cee8e339a37f2e6d4a7cc77fb7c.jpeg

I once had a Gold V8 S with brown leather, thought I’d done well making £100 on it after picking it up in an auction for£300 ! It was a nice one too , although the aircon belt had been cut off. To think it’s more rare now than the Twin Plenum Vitesse I paid 10x as much for 12 months later and struggled to break even on. 

Not enough Morris Marina's, Maxis and Land crabs for my liking 🤣

I've said I'm going next year as a punter. It's really hard work working a stand. Over the whole weekend, I probably got an hour away from the stand.

Saying all of that, did anyone buy anything more random than my purchase? A pair of jeans. There was a guy there who sold imported jeans. Like many people, I have a particular type I like (Levis505s), but the ones in the UK are different (and 3x the price) to the ones in the US. He had the imported ones and they were considerably less than half the price of the UK ones.

46 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

20211113_141750.jpg

BTW for those wondering this is a Carters Model E or Model F (Depending on if its 24V or 36V) 

just figured id mention that as @dollywobbler called it a Harding in his video! 

I can understand getting these early invalid carriages mixed up, they all do look pretty similar, but the Carter is one of the few that are very distinct :) (with their small front wheel and long spindly control tiller)

the Carter was also notable for being the first successful electric powered invalid carriages of its day when the Model A was introduced back in 1915! and they where for a long time the Invalid carriage to have if you where the posh old money sort, to the point that King Gorge VI even had one!

On 13/04/2020 at 16:51, LightBulbFun said:

even King George VI had a Carter's Model F! https://flic.kr/p/7Yp5aS

4576365988_5b781af1f1_o.thumb.jpg.8c550eb740a82ceb45a25fe781f577db.jpg

its fun to note that since it was owned by the King at the time, I dont think it was ever registered!

for comparisons sake here is a Harding Deluxe :) note how the harding looks much more like your typical old 1930s-1950's invalid carriage (because it is one!)

12.jpeg.0f1a3214e6a4fcde30f940ef9ea0d233.jpeg