Twosmoke’s latest project ( Papa!)

twosmoke300

The beast that is Kiltox’s Mk1 Clio was delivered this morning after paying more than the purchase cost to have it moved ( I believe that’s a theme with this car )

Its a little honey !

Initial diagnosis shows a misfire on no1 (or no4 in non french ) and a vac pipe /t piece loose and leaking . 
Next step will be to check the valve clearances . 

C2094DFF-BD8E-4462-B9FE-364952C45FDC.jpeg

1 hour ago, SiC said:

I've always wondered if the cambelt tensioner has loosened and shifted timing out a bit too. 

It’s a single cylinder problem . 
You can hear the spark cracking when you pull the lead off that cyl but no change in engine tone when that cyl is out of action . The other 3 are doing work and no 1(4) isn’t 

3 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

It’s a single cylinder problem . 
You can hear the spark cracking when you pull the lead off that cyl but no change in engine tone when that cyl is out of action . The other 3 are doing work and no 1(4) isn’t 

Duff plug?

Had a bit more time on this today . Valve clearances all ok and cylinder leakage test on that cylinder all fine.

Further checks shows an inlet manifold leak around that cylinder . It looks like its been off before so will be interesting to see what I find. Might get the new apprentice on it tomorrow.

On 11/15/2021 at 4:34 PM, twosmoke300 said:

Had a bit more time on this today . Valve clearances all ok and cylinder leakage test on that cylinder all fine.

Further checks shows an inlet manifold leak around that cylinder . It looks like its been off before so will be interesting to see what I find. Might get the new apprentice on it tomorrow.

I changed the inlet gasket but the access to the fasteners for it is fucking awful so if I’ve left something loose and that’s all it is I’ll be pretty pissed off 😂 

I miss my smol renault.

I'd a little 1.4 Phase one Clio.  Thought it was the shit, it had a rev counter, volt gauge and even a oil level gauge.  It failed it's NCT (the  Irish MOT) with a leaky steering rack and I couldn't get one at a reasonable cost so I sold it cheap and it's probably bean tins now. Great wee car.  It also felt rapid and could handle reasonably well, very planted on the road.  Actually I don't think I could get one in Ireland at all, they'd all but disappeared off the road by 2014 and spares in scrap yards had long gone too.

Looking forward to see this one on here however, shout us up if you ever decide to part with it.

0z_4nEnPSqvT-NBdZJgGTfSKf8Rw-ovCeoiRAt_2N9sHt069qBT53oVa5rNrRyBu3EOxHRsFAprM-61o1VWzbLuukW25174Jxe4S9j4J1NP0Bg2yO1oZ0XBCPA4W-sex2Z65Gpj6T-LUfnuMONtPVm6pX-S84uSso0mDk1JScut6gvZwBYnoHR0dDbNTlBuiJ5vx-yBvrNIWWFGRZn2p3lVmrGrWiW4FaggUQSKmcEkYiORT0FkzgOQYIaGSN2qAmjRtcrOJQSJmVcvzTeFWItnjBa2BO3DAVh-mZQfViSE3u10acHR7N1VejMWxMsAtLFA2K5D1b6GwA9AQ8274-lUoQNNePE39ZluPQ0lue3LCpGAC5pkr6ZZW4w9Zs7VPMSva5F8LdigvNdmJdmmPR--CKQHBlY5qVsX1rlx6AUu-ls1PD1ZQgx1IAGgDZf9ea3T__BSHuKhEeBsViaaADWw2emrCNcP41PEHDLnwUVovflThPQhMfHgb3KZ20orYfa1gctXCeSKotU42ifXUBLN4J8uibGqApAH_flQyHSXFEZO_9X4HcV9hSejuMNy7jpxKmsh1M4LFZgH02kiiLc8Pmp5Le8Ndnfu0n1cbCEemOlhE6Ad01-0fn5mvvNjdtSv_9-NmT3GFo-JaxNXucZui_tfuB5KHrAkIDTsSURiNN76WgNg3-feB_dMKPx-H5rEgMyDT4aQ_WExMCwpiXVrR=w1385-h927-no?authuser=0

• 2 weeks later...