Miserable shite unearthed. Another- Guess the car!!!

Crispian_J_Hotson

We literally just found this. I've had a look over it and she's in a bad way. There's not much left in the way of distinguishing details and I suspect it's had a lot of work* carried out on the lower body as there is a massive aluminium panel bolted across the front. We found the doors not so far away. I reckon its a European 6 volt thing converted over to 12. 

thumbnail_IMG_1684.jpg.a236e9f1b7295fbb714c0971fbcea4a5.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1685.jpg.bb35ad0e9b6865ea61942722e8748ea1.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1686.thumb.jpg.4bfa8fe0ae3b8debdd19cf75b1b057b2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1687.thumb.jpg.4e50653a90046e8f9d3ed6959740feb8.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1688.thumb.jpg.f92648518734a6342e6c5c08149de486.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1689.thumb.jpg.df7b824fb343d5d69b1fcd3cbf88a102.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1690.thumb.jpg.723a31168a46c9d739d8ba03e533d843.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1691.thumb.jpg.bae1d09cfb70e5914b2ebde0b360506c.jpg

I am fully expecting this to be immediately identified. I can go back into the jungle though and try find some key features that might remain. Winner gets to collect it, bring a bucket.

Awesome speed of identifying skillz!

I think we have a commercial, as there are the newly discovered remains of a pressed panel front grill, and we've only found 2 doors.

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

So long as the V5 and the tags are there m8...

I was thinking of selling those on the bay as decorative items. Will be searching for the glovebox remains soon to see if there is the remains remaining of the V5. They'd look noice hanging in someone's bathroom I reckon.

13 minutes ago, Crispian_J_Hotson said:

I think we have a commercial, as there are the newly discovered remains of a pressed panel front grill, and we've only found 2 doors.

Ah well, if it's a 2 door, it is not a commercial as you might very well think, but almost certainly one of the ally bodied ex-works rally cars which were all believed to be scrapped and it deserves sympathetic restoration, blah..... 

I will try and get some anti tetanus gloves on and reshape it tomorrow, maybe get some better pictures too  It has a steel panel grill. It looks like someone in a JCB has played golf with it as its a bit bent and things like the wiper arms are bent over which wouldn't happen naturally. 

Although its head is missing, i had to sniff the oil which smells like a well established engineering factory with a slightly blocked toilet facility. Once I get it running I'm going to drive it 4965 miles home. Although I'm only 20 minutes down the road. 

If you liked that mystery car challenge*, I have a level 6 for yous tomorrow! I know that one is there though but need to take pics before the earth reclaims it.

I would just add that this is going to be a 1952 Austin A40 commercial, with the combination of facelift steel grill panel and early floor change and dash.  It looks standard under the bonnet apart from the addition of aftermarket flashers as you can see the relay still screwed to the side of the heater box.

Any clues as to the body it once wore? There's a few bits I might be able to scavange off that.

It has a floor change gearstick. The box is still in it. This is certainly going in the bin to make way for progress* but it will be hanging around until next summer at least. All parts free to a good home. 

I found a rather chunky hinge which makes me think of a tailgate of some sort. Theres a lack in the volume of metal so i am assuming a pick up.