Half Scottish Residential Observations.

Rab

My aimless observations whilst meandering around the Highlands and further afield. 2021

The lack of stranded automobilia has now led me to also photographically study abandoned boats on trailers. Also generic images of my taste in four wheeled crud and tasteless architecture.

Theres some historical trailer queens in this area...some having sat for at least 40 yrs.

Glen Coe village yesterday

4Q5A0348.JPG

4Q5A0346.JPG

4Q5A0329.JPG

4Q5A0330.JPG

4Q5A0332.JPG

4Q5A0331.JPG

4Q5A0347.JPG

4Q5A0349.JPG

4Q5A0343.JPG

38 minutes ago, Minimad5 said:

How rare are the Riley 1.5 ?

As I won't lie, I've only ever seen one in the 'flesh'

Not made for long(6 years although they rattled out a 100k or so) and they rust like the Morris Minor they're based on but without the panel availability; only 20% of them were Rileys so quite rare. The Wolseley 1500 is more common, at least in part due to there being a cheaper fleet sales bASe version with vinyl seats and less chrome etc.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CreepingJesus said:

Jeez, that Mini's a throwback! 

Funny thing is..back in 1991-2..after Id lunched out my Mini Van..local garage got fed up (after I had the floorpans done..new subframe..failed on emissions)::.Mum sold it for 60 quid....Id gone back to Munich....to the guy that owns this one i saw today...it lives in a giant shed in Acharacle...

img304.jpg

1 hour ago, CreepingJesus said:

He doesn't happen to own a bunch of CZ and Jawa motorbikes does he? The guy who used to be Scottish convener of the owner's club lived up Acharacle way. 

Yeah i think it is..i was neighbors with him..shed is Mini's..motorbikes and a couple of full size coaches..which he lives in...i wasnt allowed to take photos..understandably..

Salen jetty has a beauty of a non floater thats sat for yonks....also just along the shore another wreck...and on the far side..a recent mooring breakaway..a decent size fishing boat on the rocks which ill photograph later....we are also planning to renovate our historical local Salen hall and raised a fistful of money through a raffle....

4Q5A0494.JPG

4Q5A0500.JPG

4Q5A0496.JPG

4Q5A0497.JPG