Car Throttle latest vid

bezzabsa

anyone watched this??

£500 shitters up to Scotch and around the NC500 (ish)

Saxo, focus millenium, and golf 4 sdi

disregard all the Top Gear type shenanigans (swapping wipers etc) 

and they all rated the Saxo highly...apart from the seat!!!

some gorgeous roads and scenery though

Saw this when it came out! Almost old Top Gear, it’s spooky…the comments about the naff seats in the Saxo aren’t far off, the ones in our AX wobbled about quite a bit, mainly because only one of the runners has a catch mechanism, the other one is free-running. If it gets worn, (as they all do) you end up with a rocking chair! 

42 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Seen both parts of this now and thoroughly enjoyed it. I also now want a Saxo.

Damnit.

Get one now before they all dissolve…

In all seriousness, they’re still cheap, they drive really well and they’re fully depreciated - own it for 6 months and give it a good service and you’ll get your money back. 

17 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

Get one now before they all dissolve…

In all seriousness, they’re still cheap, they drive really well and they’re fully depreciated - own it for 6 months and give it a good service and you’ll get your money back. 

I can imagine the conversation at home will be:

"What do you need 3 cars for?!"

"Well... err... as my brother is moving out of the country doesn't that mean we have a parking space to fill up?"

So naturally I'm now scanning Autotrader.

I’d be hitting up Bumtree and Faceache Marketplace too, and maybe joining a few Saxo/106 groups on there - plenty for sale, all the time, at bargain prices. There seem to be plenty of one/two owner cars around still, cherished forever, tidy interiors etc. Ours was just under £500 and the interior is MINT, came with 9 months MOT too - I’d say a decent MOT is the most important thing with AX/Saxo/106, they really know how to rust

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

A mate had a Saxo, it was the flimsiest tinniest thing you could imagine. It was round that time everyone under 20 had them on one of those 0% finance free years Insurance bollocks deals they did. 

Can confirm - friend of mine had a sporty Saxo and it was the biggest heap he ever drove he said. He had owned some sort of Fiat van camper thing, so he was well used to shite.

It's the way he stands with his arms "bulked out" to attempt to make himself look bigger.  Just looks silly.  It's not clear if he does it intentionally or just naturally, but I always notice it, so it becomes something I end up looking out for, which somewhat messes with the point of the video.

3 hours ago, Talbot said:

It's the way he stands with his arms "bulked out" to attempt to make himself look bigger.  Just looks silly.  It's not clear if he does it intentionally or just naturally, but I always notice it, so it becomes something I end up looking out for, which somewhat messes with the point of the video.

He's always done it in the videos I've watched.I don't know if he's stopped training, but his arms look smaller making the pose look more stupid.