What cheap hot hatch? Tsport, Ignis, Panda etc

tom13

ive had one of them luke warm 2.0 clio phase 3's - they are exactly that, luke warm didnt handle particularly well either.

there still seem to be a few 1.7 puma's without papier mache rear arches on sale so i'd go for one of them under 2k personally, had a few of them now. 

7 hours ago, Dan29 said:

Swift Sport seems like a good shout.

My Puma 1.7 Thunder could be for sale - rear arches are starting to rust admittedly, and it needs a few other minor bits doing, but would be about £1000 and has a year's MoT.

How bad are the arches? Ideally wanted something that was quite tidy and needing no work but you never know.

What about a Saxo? They aren't as much as a 106 but essentially the same car. You may get lucky and get a VTS but more realistically you should get a decent VTR for that money. If budget allows get a phase 1 and the value will only appreciate. Not the fastest out there but good fun.

I picked my phase 2 up for a shade over £200 when you could.

8 hours ago, tom13 said:

How bad are the arches? Ideally wanted something that was quite tidy and needing no work but you never know.

Probably not tidy enough for what you want. The driver's side is going where there was a previous repair, and the passenger side is just starting to show signs of going in the same place: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186130016@N07/50955606348/in/dateposted-public/

21 hours ago, Dan29 said:

Probably not tidy enough for what you want. The driver's side is going where there was a previous repair, and the passenger side is just starting to show signs of going in the same place: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186130016@N07/50955606348/in/dateposted-public/

Yeah I will have to pass. Cheers though.

5 hours ago, fraser.innes.3 said:

I got my daughter a 2011 Clio a couple of years ago. 1.2 with turbo. It's an absolute laugh around the lanes. She keeps up with my 239bhp 1series msport, until I get to a straight bit

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Rented one of those in Poland. Very capable little car. It also seemed well screwed together and drove rather well. I'd actually consider one as a modern. Looks smart too. 

Edit

Actually it was the later Mk4 (Mk5?) Clio, the one for sale still.  But still, always had a soft spot for Clios. They're great cars, any generation.