I seem to have bought another..

bangernomics

I’m not the most sensible person it would seem. I spotted this last night and dropped the guy a message asking if I could view this morning.

“No problem let me know when you’re 30 minutes away.”

Deposit paid.

65524189bec9c61c0811d51ef253d624.jpg

What’s wrong? Two leaking skylights, a missing awning, missing mirror cover, knackered bathroom sink plus more.

Am I crazy?

1 hour ago, bangernomics said:

I’m not the most sensible person it would seem. I spotted this last night and dropped the guy a message asking if I could view this morning.

“No problem let me know when you’re 30 minutes away.”

Deposit paid.

65524189bec9c61c0811d51ef253d624.jpg

What’s wrong? Two leaking skylights, a missing awning, missing mirror cover, knackered bathroom sink plus more.

Am I crazy?

Phoooaaarrrr wish I had a camper van

1 hour ago, bangernomics said:

I’ll take it to France in the unlikely event that happens. It’s still damn cheap.

Everything to do with leisure is still on the up even though it's raining , I know someone who's looking to upgrade a caravan but the dealers want more for 12 month old vans than they cost new !

it sounds cheap at 13k even with the bits , I've seen a few vans advertised cheap on Facebook by people that weren't aware how mental the last 12 months has been 

Good luck. I'll stick to occasional bargain hotel deals, and save a fortune. 

I don’t disagree with that approach entirely. What I can do is pass said “asset” and exchange it for my cash again at some point in the future. These things are silly money at the moment and as Wack said it’ll right itself maybe?

The older stuff has almost trebled in price over the last 3 years which is most definitely covid/chancers and if I managed to use it for a couple of weekends away whilst working over here and then break even I wouldn’t be upset.

8 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Good luck. I'll stick to occasional bargain hotel deals, and save a fortune. 

To only consider the short term financial outlay is to, in my humble opinion, miss the point entirely.

Personally, I'll stick to amazing individual experiences and save the banal and sterile hotel experience to others.

They're not for everyone - but nothing is.  Don't yuk at other people's yums.  x

• 1 month later...
Where are we up to with this then? I need to arrange a collection day. Possibly tomorrow?

I’ve been on eBay blowing the proceeds of the current contract.

2 skylights @£45 a pop £90

Awning £509

Mirror cover £22

£13,121 and counting.

Two tubes of proper sealant £12
£13,133

Need to find a sink and new hob next as the sinks cracked and hob is a bit worn.

I remember trying to get a place towards Conwy late one evening. Jeez we walked in, the room had a sink in the corner. Blue pedestal and a pink bowl. That and the mismatched bedding made us decide no thanks and I did the several hours back whilst Betty slept in the passenger seat of my last XJ.

• 2 months later...

Sink finally obtained a bit over budget at £250 delivered but still it is now a physical item.

£13383 and counting.

Still not actually done a jot on it other than spray lubricant into the centre roof light mechanism. May have to get a caravan nobber to pop round whilst I’m working.