Jump to content

Saabnut does a kolleckshun - Live


Saabnut
 Share

Recommended Posts

Kolleckshun is Kolleckshunned! Huge thanks to @marky-mark- it was a pleasure to meet you. Car seems like a goodun and ideal* for winters in North East Scotland. 

The obligatory pez station shots and then an earlyish night for me, though may drop in on the AS meet for a while.

Will continue the story tomorrow,  but likely to be far less updates unless it all goes horribly wrong as I will have to be stopped to post updates.

Anyhoo, pez shots

 

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Saabnut said:

My room is on the 3rd floor on the opposite side to the car park.

A car alarm has been going off for a while.

Ooops. :-) 

Please noooo, feeling embarrassed fingers crossed its not the saab 😬  hope your journey home  is smooth and uneventful, nice to meet you anyway and thank you for a nice smooth transaction,  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, marky-mark said:

Please noooo, feeling embarrassed fingers crossed its not the saab 😬  hope your journey home  is smooth and uneventful, nice to meet you anyway and thank you for a nice smooth transaction,  

DO NOT be bothered about the alarm, I am very happy with the car. No real point in locking a convertible as a stanley knife gives instant access. I might look into it in a year or two :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lovely-jubbley - what a great looking car. For us non-Saab followers tell us what it is sometime? 

GM era I assume - FWD transverse 4?  Stand alone platform or shared? 

GM really did mismanage Saab - at least the Ford 'trophy' brands lived on after Ford - Jaguar could have gone a similar way perhaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooh very nice! 

Alarms are a pain in the arse. One of the reasons I've not further investigated why my Xsara won't lock and unlock from the remote is it'll then set the alarm, and who knows what state that's in 😂 Turning the key in the lock locks the car but doesn't alarm it. Much safer. 

I remember a few years ago joining all the neighbors at 2.45am when the bloke over the way's mazda xedos kept setting its alarm off even when it wasn't locked and even running. I had my socket set under my arm so we took the neutral off the battery and we all went to bed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

90 miles in and time for breakfast 

Good news is the cruise control works - bad news is it has thrown an EML which is no great surprise as it has only done short journeys for awhile. Only symptom is power is slightly down but can investigate that when I get home 

MPG average was showing 26.7 when collected now 30.1

Very happy so far3B80517F-3161-4D48-AA1F-8237509AD890.thumb.jpeg.56b5d9a68669de94fea5383524a83aa1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saabnut said:

90 miles in and time for breakfast 

Good news is the cruise control works - bad news is it has thrown an EML which is no great surprise as it has only done short journeys for awhile. Only symptom is power is slightly down but can investigate that when I get home 

MPG average was showing 26.7 when collected now 30.1

Very happy so far3B80517F-3161-4D48-AA1F-8237509AD890.thumb.jpeg.56b5d9a68669de94fea5383524a83aa1.jpeg

Probably EGR if its the 1.9. Mate of mine just got one of these, from Auctions. Nice Mota.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, a series of photos to end the day as I was rushing to get back before dark. Back to the train station carpark to swap motors

1048639077_IMG_13991.thumb.JPG.904c44ad562d1e82f54f8b55c3bf4133.JPG

Then back home to pick up the trailer and return to the carpark

Loaded the Saab onto the trailer then back home with them both

2117212086_IMG_14001.thumb.JPG.fda078bce82305e56889a9f6c2ee4f1e.JPG

Unloaded and it is officially home.

1577696445_IMG_14011.thumb.JPG.5287017e4e4376ae29b2d8e4215096d1.JPG

1767145785_IMG_14021.thumb.JPG.397dac4f1c62cd655fa73c0729d6931f.JPG

316 miles under its own steam, 7 on the trailer. Average showing 32.6 now.

It is a 1.8t so the detuned 2litre petrol (150bhp) so once it has proven its worth a date with Karl at Noobtune to bring it up to about 210 will be arranged. Whilst it was idling as I put the ramps away on the trailer, I noticed it was hunting a little which would suggest one of the air pipes has come off or split which would explain the EML and the lack of power increase at WOT. Dark now so will have a look in the morning and I have arranged to collect my Tech-II back from my friend in case further investigation is needed.

Over all, a lovely drive and a very happy Saabnut! Thanks again to @marky-mark, been an enjoyable couple of days.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow  316 miles , glad to know you got back ok and are pleased with the car, saw you mention eml light and my heart sank a little I must admit, but I can breath a little now your home,  keep me informed on the issue of the light though and the cause if you dont mind, hopefully its a pipe like your thinking,  erm im going to take a stab in the dark and guess that my hands free kit is  now some 316 miles away from were I last saw it ? 😂😂  enjoy the car  and thanks again for coming all that way,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, marky-mark said:

  erm im going to take a stab in the dark and guess that my hands free kit is  now some 316 miles away from were I last saw it ? 😂😂  

It is :-) I only noticed it after my breakfast stop at Penrith!

PM me your address and I will post it back to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, Saabnut said:

Well, a series of photos to end the day as I was rushing to get back before dark. Back to the train station carpark to swap motors

1048639077_IMG_13991.thumb.JPG.904c44ad562d1e82f54f8b55c3bf4133.JPG

Then back home to pick up the trailer and return to the carpark

Loaded the Saab onto the trailer then back home with them both

2117212086_IMG_14001.thumb.JPG.fda078bce82305e56889a9f6c2ee4f1e.JPG

Unloaded and it is officially home.

1577696445_IMG_14011.thumb.JPG.5287017e4e4376ae29b2d8e4215096d1.JPG

1767145785_IMG_14021.thumb.JPG.397dac4f1c62cd655fa73c0729d6931f.JPG

316 miles under its own steam, 7 on the trailer. Average showing 32.6 now.

It is a 1.8t so the detuned 2litre petrol (150bhp) so once it has proven its worth a date with Karl at Noobtune to bring it up to about 210 will be arranged. Whilst it was idling as I put the ramps away on the trailer, I noticed it was hunting a little which would suggest one of the air pipes has come off or split which would explain the EML and the lack of power increase at WOT. Dark now so will have a look in the morning and I have arranged to collect my Tech-II back from my friend in case further investigation is needed.

Over all, a lovely drive and a very happy Saabnut! Thanks again to @marky-mark, been an enjoyable couple of days.

 

Glad your back home safe with no mis-haps but also very glad to see my ex VE06 HXM! Miss that car!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HXM will hopefully make it into the shed soon, but there is a queue for the ramp! :-) 

Quick update on the 'vert mainly for @marky-mark Investigated the EML and had a poke around under the bonett but could see nothing amiss. It appears the boost/pressure hoses are the originals but could not find anything obvious. Plugged in the Tech-II  but nothig showed amiss, so cleared all codes. This put out the EML (I expected it to return instantly but it didn;t). A run up the drive and back and the light stayed out and the tickover returned to normal with no hunting. Since then I have covered 100 miles and all is good and normal power has returned.

I can only put it down to going into shock on leaving the built up area and being allowed to stretch its legs. All now appears fine, time will tell, but I am very happy indeed with the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 7:29 PM, Saabnut said:

HXM will hopefully make it into the shed soon, but there is a queue for the ramp! :-) 

Quick update on the 'vert mainly for @marky-mark Investigated the EML and had a poke around under the bonett but could see nothing amiss. It appears the boost/pressure hoses are the originals but could not find anything obvious. Plugged in the Tech-II  but nothig showed amiss, so cleared all codes. This put out the EML (I expected it to return instantly but it didn;t). A run up the drive and back and the light stayed out and the tickover returned to normal with no hunting. Since then I have covered 100 miles and all is good and normal power has returned.

I can only put it down to going into shock on leaving the built up area and being allowed to stretch its legs. All now appears fine, time will tell, but I am very happy indeed with the car.

Top man my mind can rest a little easy now, although ive been a member on here a few years this is my first sale and you mentioning eml lights sank my heart a little, nothing worse than faults arising in such a short time of selling a car, especially after its been so well behaved in the short time I owned it,  as you know it wasnt just a car I was flipping I paid a generous amount for it and spent a fair chunk on it a week later,  just a shame and a significant loss that the fuel consumption and not driving like I hoped saw it going to you.  The hands free kit your welcome to keep and may find a use for it, turn it on press n hold the front while your phone searches fir devices and wait till you get jabra 😉 hope you get some nice weather soon to enable you to go topless, got to admit it does look stunning with that roof tucked away 😎

IMG_20211010_155152.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...