Saabnut does a kolleckshun - Live

Saabnut

As I have been a good boy and not bought any chod this year, and being in need of a WBOD due to galloping rot on my two dailies and my welder going into hospital tomorrow, a purchase has been made. As everywhere is a long way from Chez Saabnut, I am classing this as local as only one nights hotel* has been booked.

Starting in the finest AS tradition PC = 1 and breakfast along with emergency supplies:

1732881302_IMG_13801.thumb.JPG.b768f69456780265331d2781825fde0a.JPG

3 hours ago, Talbot said:

EFA.

“Like driving a Montego on Biro springs” As one of my brothers described driving my first Disco.

Id take issue with the slowly part though, they can be made to cover ground quite rapidly, especially on rural B roads where visibility over hedges comes into play.

Alan Clark reckoned his 200TDi Disco was faster between his Kent and Scottish Castles than his Continental R , because the Disco would cruise at 90 but with only 1 fuel stop, whereas the Bentley might cruise at 120/130 , it needed 4 refuelling stops.

12 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

“Like driving a Montego on Biro springs” As one of my brothers described driving my first Disco.

Id take issue with the slowly part though, they can be made to cover ground quite rapidly, especially on rural B roads where visibility over hedges comes into play.

Alan Clark reckoned his 200TDi Disco was faster between his Kent and Scottish Castles than his Continental R , because the Disco would cruise at 90 but with only 1 fuel stop, whereas the Bentley might cruise at 120/130 , it needed 4 refuelling stops.

Id need the 4... V8 lol

1 hour ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Disco would cruise at 90

A Disco 1 cannot "cruise" at 90.  A Disco 1 "thunders down the road" at 90.  Even a D2 has to make a fairly significant effort to maintain 90.

Where has saaabnut got stuck?  This is quite a journey he's on.  He must be about as far as he can go without having to cross water by now.

Trains done with for this trip! Four in a day is enough for anyone. Companies and ranking overall - Scotrail - Average, LNER - Good. Avensis West Coast or whatever they call themselves - Crap, Northern - Excellent.

Arrived at my luxury* Hotel* chosen as it was a 5 minute walk from the station

IMG_1394.thumb.JPG.ccff168edd19fa25086fc411448b7abb.JPG

Took a look out of the window at the local charms

IMG_1395.thumb.JPG.439a576c1d5e227b25e8330258647886.JPG

And decided to go for a walk to see what was on offer. Came across this

528191304_IMG_13941.thumb.JPG.b2ff7d0a79b363c2d6f7a3d2f1246ad6.JPG

and decided it was safer in my room :-) 

Couple of hours wait now as the vendor is working until late. Go and fetch yourself fish and chips or whatever and join me later for more excitement.....