DVLA TAX - Robbin Cnuts

bezzabsa

so Corsa is off opp north tomorrow, so have insured and taxed the van..

Insurance is £300 LOWER than the Corsa was..

BUT

Tax..Corsa £30.....Van  with same 1.3cdti lump Euro 4...£288.45 :O 

No sense in it at all!!!!

3 minutes ago, New POD said:

How grumpy can you be? £41.55 better off and he's still complaining. 

I can tax and insure the van for less than the insurance on corsa (monthly figures) and have £20 odd quid extra 

All the work vans I ever had seemed to have high road tax according to the figure on the tax disc (ask your dad). I expect this is because a lot of them are expected to be commercial vehicles so the owner isn't really bothered what the VED costs as they'll just claim it back. Probably a bit of a cash cow for the gubberment that most first users aren't fussed about. 

21 minutes ago, warch said:

All the work vans I ever had seemed to have high road tax according to the figure on the tax disc (ask your dad). I expect this is because a lot of them are expected to be commercial vehicles so the owner isn't really bothered what the VED costs as they'll just claim it back. Probably a bit of a cash cow for the gubberment that most first users aren't fussed about. 

You can't claim VED back. Are you getting confused with VAT? 

4 hours ago, New POD said:

You can offset it against tax, but then if you use the van for personal use there are BIK implications. 

That was what I meant, sorry for the confusion. If you are able to claw back costs for things like VED as a business  you probably don't notice the cost, but a private owner would.