Land Rover Discovery 2 - 4.0 V8. :) The journey....

cpjitservices

Hi all

Going to be a fun and interesting journey with the beast that is OE51 EBK... SO thought I'd document it here.

Splendid vehicle which is buttery smooth (no not the paint, but the Engine, Drive Train etc).

Love it and the kids do as well.

First job on the list.

Door lock actuators... Common weakpoint on these! Drivers door, Passenger side Front, and Passenger rear need replacing. Drivers door lock actuator turned up Friday so is on my to-do list for next week. Drivers side front seem to be like rocking horse shit, none on ebay... so found a breaker via Faceache and he quite kindly sold me one in decent nick for a decent price! I think I shall stock pile spare, used ones. Not too bad a job to replace!

Some Pics of the old girl:

I shall document the work done and work needed here! I imagine some work is going to be be tedious, but I want to make this an even better vehicle than it is already!

That V8 mannnnnnnnnnnn, like silk!

246852742_207641128040776_9175167464573409631_n.jpg

247091393_926566328266254_1077154540703773381_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, someone backed into the Land Rover this morning at 4AM pulling off his drive, in the process smashing my Indicator and Bumper. Its only minor... his back end is not good with Dent in Boot Lid, dinged plastics qaurter and his reversing sensors now not working - so hes made a claim! Which he has admitted its his fault, but I reckon my poor Landy is going to be written off!!

:(

Oh yeah he has an Nissan thing on 21 plate. So thats hwy hes made the claim.

12 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

Can’t you ask for a ‘contract repair’ where they basically give you a few quid to go away and promise to cause no further hassle for them?

I wouldn’t accept a car being written off for a bumper and a lamp!

Insurance should be calling me next week to go through the options but itll almost certainly be written off :( Hopefully they give me a some of money and I get to keep the car and get it fixed.

It’s your car, don’t let them tell you what’s happening.  Plan now what outcome you want and make it happen when they call you on Monday morning.

Have a good look over it and make sure it really is just a bumper and lamp.  If so, price them up secondhand so you know what it’s going to cost to repair.

What’s it like underneath and is the engine a good one?  

11 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

It’s your car, don’t let them tell you what’s happening.  Plan now what outcome you want and make it happen when they call you on Monday morning.

Have a good look over it and make sure it really is just a bumper and lamp.  If so, price them up secondhand so you know what it’s going to cost to repair.

What’s it like underneath and is the engine a good one?  

Engine is superb! as its the V8...

Body work wise.. fairly tidy gonna need some tickling with a sparkly stick come MOT in Feb as the inner wings are shit and ive poked a hole in one of them ... dont poke holes in your vehicle people! But apart from that!

It is literally a smashed indicator - I mean, the lens is gone completely about £30 on ebay but the bumper is quite expenive especially for matching colour which I want... its like 200-250 delivered with Fog lamps and in decent nick!

5 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

How did you get on today?

Got am email from Adrian Flux, they want me to go get 'Quote' for repairs (just so ahppens I have a very good friend who owns a garage). My insurance is not going to be effected as he has claimed it is his fault completely. Not bad, if I get a new bumper, and a bit of welding done ;)