Shite you see on the central reservation

bunglebus

On the M48, in the near side lane, I was confronted with the boot lid of a Citroen AX which a cycle rack and three pushbikes attached.

The rear window had smashed and the painted part and just fallen off into the road.  This was confirmed 1/4 of a mile further along where there was an AX minus its boot lid.

In other news, I’ve seen a wheelbarrow before now.  And a lot of individual work boots!

I saw a really scary one today, a pair of checker plate steps in the middle of lane one on the M25. I zipped past in the outside lane, but it gave me chills thinking what would happen hitting that with your car, or worse it getting flicked up to windscreen  height.

Should I have called the police?

2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I saw a really scary one today, a pair of checker plate steps in the middle of lane one on the M25. I zipped past in the outside lane, but it gave me chills thinking what would happen hitting that with your car, or worse it getting flicked up to windscreen  height.

If you can remember where it is you still should, although the wombles are probably the better organisation to tell if that's possible as it will be them that have to go out and collect it.

I pulled into a layby off the dual carriageway today. Just as I pulled off, I realised that ahead of me was some unknown fly tipping. Basically taking up the whole layby.

I'll be honest, pulling out wasn't the easiest, even when you do have a car that does 0-60 in around 5.5 seconds.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2021 at 8:23 AM, bunglebus said:

The same day I saw the fuel tank, I also saw a coil spring. Not a single coil, the whole thing. Must be a story behind that

I once collected a Jeep front axle from nr Luton and bought it back to the other side of Birmingham on my Trailer.

when I collected it there were 2 coil springs attached to the axle when I arrived back there was only 1 😳

1 hour ago, sutty2006 said:

High definition piss jugs are a common one. Even worse when you’re in a lay-by or services truck park trying to fix a wagon surrounded by piss, prophylactics (soiled) and needles is quite disturbing. Spotting brake pads in the central res is quite worrying. 

A few years ago I was called out to fix a bust Hydraulic hose on an AA recovery wagon at Warwick services, half way through the job a Coach pulled up next to my van and about 20 blokes got out and started pissing up the side of the Coach, the stream of piss then flowed downhill under my van and then under the wagon I was working on 🤢

it did start raining though which helped wash the piss away somewhat 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, MJK 24 said:

On the M48, in the near side lane, I was confronted with the boot lid of a Citroen AX which a cycle rack and three pushbikes attached.

The rear window had smashed and the painted part and just fallen off into the road.  This was confirmed 1/4 of a mile further along where there was an AX minus its boot lid.

Sales blurb for bike racks always used to include "Not suitable for a Citroen AX" - because, of course, the bootlid is plastic.  Obviously the owner of that one didn't/couldn't/wouldn't read!

10 hours ago, goosey said:

A few years ago I was called out to fix a bust Hydraulic hose on an AA recovery wagon at Warwick services, half way through the job a Coach pulled up next to my van and about 20 blokes got out and started pissing up the side of the Coach, the stream of piss then flowed downhill under my van and then under the wagon I was working on 🤢

I had that same experience at keele services northbound on the m6. Got to a truck in the truck park, early morning. Knocked on, said I’d be working under the grill at the front. Driver got out and started taking a piss up the front right wheel. Saw it trickling between my feet. Told the driver to FRO the dirty scumbag. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, goosey said:

In the days before GeoAmy vans had piss funnels built in to them it was a common sight on the A583 to see a prison van pulled up with a line of lads all cuffed together pissing against the side of the van.
Now you can piss on the go.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/11/2021 at 18:52, somewhatfoolish said:

If you can remember where it is you still should, although the wombles are probably the better organisation to tell if that's possible as it will be them that have to go out and collect it.

Well I remembered what you said, today there was a wheel in lane three of the M6 so called 101 and then 999 as it was taking too long.

Someone else had just called it in anyway.

I did also spot a red bonnet (car, not hat) tucked behind the armco on the same motorway heading North yesterday, bet there's a story behind that one!

On 11/3/2021 at 4:33 PM, bunglebus said:

You did the right thing by just stairing and then stepping on it.