Shite you see on the central reservation

bunglebus

19 hours ago, timolloyd said:

I once found an entire farm in the central reservation

7F868016-4871-45B7-BD14-0D1FAA771DA2.jpeg

The Little Hose on the Prairie as it's commonly known....passed it many times...bit risky in winter! 

19 hours ago, timolloyd said:

I once found an entire farm in the central reservation

7F868016-4871-45B7-BD14-0D1FAA771DA2.jpeg

The Little Hose on the Prairie as it's commonly known....passed it many times...bit risky in winter! 

17 hours ago, New POD said:

My cousin visited me in an old camper van.  She and her ex partner were moving from.the South Coast to the Highlands of Scotland, where they lived in a Yurt for 3 years.  We gave them some pots with English Strawberry plants to take with them. 

They had a 1960s map book and were only using roads built before 1965. They reckoned it had taken 4 days to arrive in Merseyside, and that it would take another 6 days to Reach Inverness. 

Which was bizarre as the camper had Isuzu badges.  Her partner was a proper nut job / alternative life style hippy type. 

His email address was something like tentmansam@domain.org. 

That seems like an eccentric thing to do with an ex-partner.

2 hours ago, New POD said:

He became an ex partner. But you knew that. 

A pedant writes; I could assume it, but I didn't know it from your post. If that was the case it would read 'now ex-partner' or 'then partner', as you've written it they were exes prior to heading north. 

Let's eat, grandma.

Let's eat grandma.

English is a subtle and tricky beast.

Quite often play this game with the wife when stuck in traffic,  mostly on the M6 or A55. I have spotted sweeping brushes, double set of  aluminium ladders, pair of rayban sunglasses (we were suck in 3rd lane M6 for about an hour so I got out and collected these!) smashed mobile phone, Brake pads, a full towbar with what looked like half the chassis still attached,  hundreds of rusty bolts and nuts, varoius bumpers, mirrors etc.  Scary thoughts that alot of vehicles are literally falling apart on the motorway!

I think items like single shoes, jackets and motorcycle parts are often the sad remnants accidents that haven’t been cleared away properly. There was a smash on Spaghetti junction a while back and a complete driveshaft minus the outer CV joint was left next to the concrete barrier between the A38M slip road and the M6 south for about 5 years. I think it only went when they started some roadworks in the area. 

Where the M40 north joins the M42, pre covid there was a small deer that had been obviously hit and died in the central reservation. Was there all summer getting more and more decomposed by the week. It was typically where the traffic slowed down every evening and I always crept past it watching it dissolve slowly. 

On 27/10/2021 at 14:52, somewhatfoolish said:

A pedant writes; I could assume it, but I didn't know it from your post. If that was the case it would read 'now ex-partner' or 'then partner', as you've written it they were exes prior to heading north. 

Let's eat, grandma.

Let's eat grandma.

English is a subtle and tricky beast.

Ped...ant...ic.  

Impressive pedantry.  Take a gold star and bugger off. 

15 hours ago, Pieman said:

Just remembered - for at least a couple of years there was an old CRT TV set next to one of the sliproads on the Donington Park junction on the A42/M42.  I wonder what finally became of that?

somewhere around there is where I lost the undertray to my Ovlov 240 in 1995!!

1 hour ago, Lankytim said:

I think items like single shoes, jackets and motorcycle parts are often the sad remnants accidents that haven’t been cleared away properly.

My personal theory on the hi-viz vests is they blow out of the back of flatbed builder's trucks, and I've been told the shoes are from lorry drivers changing footwear and leaving them on the cab step. 

If anyone wants a dead fox, there's one on the edge of the M65 just before j14 at Colne. It's been there a couple of weeks and is visibly deteriorating as each day goes by. Was going to shift it into the woodland adjacent to the hard shoulder to give it some dignity last week but it was too busy to stop safely and now I'm not sure I fancy trying to retrieve it 🤢

21 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

If anyone wants a dead fox, there's one on the edge of the M65 just before j14 at Colne. It's been there a couple of weeks and is visibly deteriorating as each day goes by. Was going to shift it into the woodland adjacent to the hard shoulder to give it some dignity last week but it was too busy to stop safely and now I'm not sure I fancy trying to retrieve it 🤢

I don't know. Which engine is it?

On 10/27/2021 at 3:24 PM, Tenmil Socket said:

I tend to see a lot of those ratchet straps and exhaust rubbers. This year on the motorway itself I’ve had to swerve a [...] massive full sheets of plywood!

So what did you built out of it?