Shite you see on the central reservation

bunglebus

It all started as a bit of a game, on a longer motorway journey we always see a hi-vis vest and a single shoe on the verge or central reservation. 

Today though, I saw a motorbike fuel tank, looking completely undamaged sitting on the edge of the outside lane. How on earth that got there I don't know but it made me wonder what else you've spotted 

2 minutes ago, groovylee said:

i once spotted a perfect looking carbon (from what i could see) road bike wheel.  if we'd have been travelling slower id have been tempted to jump out and grab it!

Yep I would have come off at the next junction for that. 

Have we had tyre remould strips that have un-moulded yet?

14 minutes ago, Wack said:

That's when I realised it wasn't a suitcase😕

Funny enough on the same stretch of road where I saw the fuel tank sitting, I found a motorcyclist lying in the road on an exit slip, several people had stopped and were calling 999 but no one was attending to the biker. I checked she was conscious (just) then positioned my car down the sliproad to stop her getting run over.

Turns out someone had knocked her off and not stopped, leaving her unconscious lying on an unlit sliproad. A couple of other people had run her bike over and had to stop.

I kept her lying down until the ambulance arrived and called her partner to let him know what had happened. He was more concerned about whether the bike was OK, the knob.

Tyre treads from lorries. No sidewalls, just the tread, peeled off in a perfect strip. 

Also, dead badgers. I've literally never seen a live badger, I've only ever seen them in the central reservation in an advanced state of dead.

54 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Funny enough on the same stretch of road where I saw the fuel tank sitting, I found a motorcyclist lying in the road on an exit slip, several people had stopped and were calling 999 but no one was attending to the biker. I checked she was conscious (just) then positioned my car down the sliproad to stop her getting run over.

Turns out someone had knocked her off and not stopped, leaving her unconscious lying on an unlit sliproad. A couple of other people had run her bike over and had to stop.

I kept her lying down until the ambulance arrived and called her partner to let him know what had happened. He was more concerned about whether the bike was OK, the knob.

This guy was obviously dead , I only caught a glance as I want past in lane 1 but it didn't trigger it was a man until I saw the bike , let's just say he wasn't man shaped 

Didn't look like anyone had hit him and the bike was undamaged so I assumed he'd had a heart attack and just rolled off it 

1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

Funny enough.....

That's probably shock. Not understanding the implications of what's being said. 

4 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I can’t stand those bastard things. You always see them bollock flat out on the M5 doing 45mph, the driver deafened by the engine hunched over the wheel. 

It's hilarious watching them try to go uphill, unless you're stuck behind it. I really can't see the appeal, I would sooner have a mouldy van-based camper than one of those pre-war biscuit tins. No power, no space, no safety, no comfort. Motoring equivalent of flagellants.

Just now, grogee said:

It's hilarious watching them try to go uphill, unless you're stuck behind it. I really can't see the appeal, I would sooner have a mouldy van-based camper than one of those pre-war biscuit tins. No power, no space, no safety, no comfort. Motoring equivalent of flagellants.

Yeah your legs and pelvis are the crumple zone. When will people realise  they could go abroad or on proper holidays without resorting to spaffing 20 large on a bloody VW camper. 

They can’t be all that thrifty these holidays neither with the fossilised old VW air cooled lump working it’s bollocks off against a headwind. 

27 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Yeah your legs and pelvis are the crumple zone. When will people realise  they could go abroad or on proper holidays without resorting to spaffing 20 large on a bloody VW camper. 

They can’t be all that thrifty these holidays neither with the fossilised old VW air cooled lump working it’s bollocks off against a headwind. 

As per a previous thread, we hired this for a weekend away: 

20210827_133712.jpg

Wasn't cheap, wasn't quick, wasn't safe, was quite painful to drive on the motorway (sloppy gear change, poor handbrake, queuing hill starts were a nightmare), wasn't particularly comfortable to sleep in. 

We had great fun and seriously thinking about buying a classic camper van at some point. 

1 hour ago, PrinceRupert said:

As per a previous thread, we hired this for a weekend away: 

20210827_133712.jpg

Wasn't cheap, wasn't quick, wasn't safe, was quite painful to drive on the motorway (sloppy gear change, poor handbrake, queuing hill starts were a nightmare), wasn't particularly comfortable to sleep in. 

We had great fun and seriously thinking about buying a classic camper van at some point. 

My cousin visited me in an old camper van.  She and her ex partner were moving from.the South Coast to the Highlands of Scotland, where they lived in a Yurt for 3 years.  We gave them some pots with English Strawberry plants to take with them. 

They had a 1960s map book and were only using roads built before 1965. They reckoned it had taken 4 days to arrive in Merseyside, and that it would take another 6 days to Reach Inverness. 

Which was bizarre as the camper had Isuzu badges.  Her partner was a proper nut job / alternative life style hippy type. 

His email address was something like tentmansam@domain.org.