Holy shit balls! Collection day - so it is! Using my brand new Brian James hey.

Faker

11 hours ago, JMotor said:

Another Corsa B Fwend 🖐️.

Looks clean enough wee yoke, so what plans does one have for it?

It needs an exhaust (absolutely rotten and blowing everywhere!) and a battery most likely (I’ll try a charge and see how it goes, but don’t hold much hope), and it seems to be slow to take the Rev ( I’ve had a few of these and this one seems very slow and lazy, something is amiss), but all in all it’s not the worst. Set of alloys to fit once tyres are sourced, obviously son wants an induction kit and a loud exhaust... and a set of springs (yes... the car will be ruined and totally destroyed in the very near future.... and sadly will most likely have a very short life span with number 1 son at the helm)..

Son is already a bit of a Petrol head and routinely attends car meets and cruises as a pedestrian... I totally expect this little B to be a sacrificial lamb, and be my boys learning curve as to how to appreciate and look after a car. 

Updates, progress, modifications, and subsequent demise to follow!

Liked for the progress. 

Sad for it maybe being wrecked. But it's his first car and he can treat it however he likes and you say he'll gain a lot of experience from it. 

Also they indeed fit the CR boxes on the post 97 cars. 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v's came with them from the factory. A quick look at the stamp on the end of the gearbox would tell you. 

Goes well with a 1.4/1.6 16v or 1.8 small block swap. 

9 hours ago, JMotor said:

Sad for it maybe being wrecked. But it's his first car and he can treat it however he likes and you say he'll gain a lot of experience from it. 

Also they indeed fit the CR boxes on the post 97 cars. 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v's came with them from the factory. 

I’m in no doubt that it will die a death in a short period of time. But as I have said, hopefully it’ll set him up and teach him a little bit of car sympathy.... maybe not!

I’ll salvage a CR gear kit if nothing else! Wish I’d have known that... as I gave a corsa b sxi away for scrap a while back! Could have had a couple of gear kits!

4 hours ago, Tickman said:

Liked for the realistic acknowledgement of its future.

We’ve all been there! First car, boy racer! It’ll either end with a bang or a bump!

Black box will slow him a bit.... but he’ll still learn how to do burnouts and handbrake turns very quickly I’m sure! Little shit!!