THE GUBBERMINT ALWAYS KNOWS BEST

Have heat will travel!

Cavette Junior has fixed my Passat interior heater. The bushes had gone (common fault) so we got some from eBay and he fitted them today. We also *think* we've sorted the strange problem where the turbo works until it's warmed up then pack in. It was a bit random and would sometime go 60 odd miles before giving up so I'm not 100% sure we've sorted it yet but fingers crossed.

Has just returned from Sussex triumphant - Astrashite behaved impeccably and da wheelz innit are perfect - even balancing is spot on as well.

Pics.

Before....

Posted Image

After....

Posted Image

A worthwhile improvement! I also spotted some shite which I don't really know where to put on here...is it worthy of a thread about my roadtrip??

I shall upload pics shortly...there's not a huge amount of chod as my sister was the picture taker - we did miss a couple of good ones. A Mk3 Cortina that was half in primer and very noisy, and.....

....a broken-down Austin Maxi! K-reg in that Slime Green - similar to Mr H.Sceptre's (I think?) - poor guy looked bloody distraught, bless him. He'd broken down on the M25 just near to the Dartford Tunnel.

Hai, where is FredTransit?

Has she gone after the reposting of that video?

Sorry to bring this up - just wondered.

Fred is still around since she did a post in the confirmation thread, anyway back to news...

2CV will be off the road for the next 6-8 months since I want to do some bodywork restoration, nothing too major, just re-paint/repair, and maybe a little bit of welding on the right hand sill.

A worthwhile improvement! I also spotted some shite which I don't really know where to put on here...is it worthy of a thread about my roadtrip??

Looks top-notch with those wheels on (with centre caps to boot), just black up the bumpers/trim and it'll look fresh from the brochure!

I know it's not the Autoshite way, but I can safely say that Meguiars Trim Detailer is the best stuff I've used in 20 years of car ownership. It's not cheap, but very little goes a long way.

After I'd washed the car, and used the Meguiars 1-2-3 polish/wax etc, I finished the (Rover) off with the trim detailer. Later that day a bloke in the petrol station asked me "Where did you get a brand new Rover? Thought they weren't made any more"

CHUFFED!

I've got some Meg-wires bumper stuff - it's great, for about 3 days. Horrible on the hands though - wish I didn't keep forgetting to put gloves on...

BX is back. Wishbone bushes had almost fallen out, but sadly clonks remain - so the suspected ARB drop links are still suspected. Oh well. At least I know that the knackered bushes have gone.

I've got some Meg-wires bumper stuff - it's great, for about 3 days.

That's odd - it's survived a couple of weeks on the Rover, inclusing a very aggressive wash from Mrs. Ash. You have to shake the life out of it first, maybe that's the prob.

I've got some Meg-wires bumper stuff - it's great, for about 3 days. Horrible on the hands though - wish I didn't keep forgetting to put gloves on...

BX is back. Wishbone bushes had almost fallen out, but sadly clonks remain - so the suspected ARB drop links are still suspected. Oh well. At least I know that the knackered bushes have gone.

Bit of a garndmother/eggs scenario so apologies if you've tried it...

...isn't there a common problem with clunking from BXs? I recall the fix was either soaking a bit of rag in LHM and lashing round the front strut 'things' or removing a pipe, putting into a bottle of LHM and going up/down on the suspension.

Pretty sure the latter cured the clonkiness on my old one but it was eons ago now. BXC has the fix on the forum somewhere.

Hai, where is FredTransit?

Has she gone after the reposting of that video?

Sorry to bring this up - just wondered.

She has left the forum in disgust so I've been told.

RLY?

Noticed she wasn't around. Not entirely surprised tbh but its a shame.

Yeah, that is a shame. :(