Bit of an update and car situation update.

montytom

Some of you may be aware with the post I did a while ago. I have been suffering with depression and have in total had 13 weeks off work. 

Anyway I feel a bit better/ not totally normal but having spoken to doctors and having been put on medication I made the decision to get back to work.

I did the usual searching of various internet sites regarding cars and saw a little smart car for sale. 

Having had one before I knew how fun they were.

My dad bought it for me and got it transported back home. 

He then bought a new exhaust as the old one had snapped. I bought a service kit for it and then set about doing the service. 

Since then I have been using it for work and it's been great fun.

Can I call what I have a fleet?

My rover 620ti has been off the road and my dad did the rear brakes and then did the fronts and while doing that changed the joints as they were all split.

My focus st has been sat not doing anything- oh we have bought some manifold studs and also a manifold gasket. Still need to find a new gearbox as it knocks.

Then finally my 820 vitesse.

My dad has done some rust repairs and have just started it and pumped the tyres up.

Some pictures.

Thanks Thomas

Screenshot_20210904-095736_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210904-095733_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210904-095728_Facebook.jpg

20210808_195335.jpg

1998-rover-600ti-60ca64510ece0.jpg

20200321_183249.jpg

20200409_084744.jpg

FB_IMG_1460885500381.jpg

FB_IMG_1443950076422.jpg

Glad you are feeling a bit better. The smart car looks fun - I don't think I've ever had a shot of one as yet, so I'll add it to the list...

Top effort on the rest of the fleet too - it's nice when you work on them and make progress - think it looks a cracking wee fleet - is the ST fun ?

7 hours ago, 320touring said:

Glad you are feeling a bit better. The smart car looks fun - I don't think I've ever had a shot of one as yet, so I'll add it to the list...

Top effort on the rest of the fleet too - it's nice when you work on them and make progress - think it looks a cracking wee fleet - is the ST fun ?

Thankyou the smart makes you feel cheeky. It's a great fun little thing.

I fell out of love with the st but I want to get it sorted to see if I like it again.

It's fun but as mine is tuned anything over a few seconds of acceleration and you will  e breaking the speed limits.

I find the smart much more fun truth be told.

6 hours ago, face said:

I like that shape ST, great engine and more bonkers styling than the modern one.

And yeah, Smarts are much more fun than people imagine.

Thankyou the 5 cylinder engine makes a lovely noise and is rather torquey.

Yes as you say the smarts are fun

5 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Nice fleet - from a Smart to a Vitesse, that's a good wide range of motors to cover all eventualities!

Thankyou as you say everything is covered just need a soft top now.

5 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

That's a fine little fleet you have there.  Those Rovers are lovely!

Thankyou I really love the rovers aswell. I've had the vitesse nearly 6 years now and will never part with it. It's off the road at the moment but next year I aim to get it back on the road.

5 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Looks like an awesome little collection there. Must try a 620ti someday before they either go extinct or become too expensive to buy!

Thankyou definately do try one they are great cars. I think the reason they are getting thin on the ground is people using these engines in zrs. Shame really

My m8 at work has an ST and I quite like it.

The little yellow smart, if a doctor could prescribe you a car for depression I think that would be it.

Have you tried the secret race mode? If it's a semi auto just keep your foot planted and don't touch the gear stick and it will automatically change up somewhere near the redline.

3 hours ago, jon.k said:

I didn't know about this race mode, I'm going to try it!

I know about it because I worked at a Pizza Hut that had one as a company car when they were new. 

They spent as little as possible on it so it was a semi-auto with no auto option, you had to click the gears.

Anyway I drove it most often when they first got it and figured this out when thrashing it down the ring road.

I assume it's to stop the engine redlining maybe?

Upon telling the store manager about this, he immediately went out in the car to test it out.

Literally 30 seconds after he went out the door the phone rang, someone complaining about how one of our drivers had come speeding up behind them dangerously and should be punished.

I did stifle the laughter sufficiently to assure her the matter would be dealt with.

Nobody seems to know they do this but keep it planted and they do.

16 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

My m8 at work has an ST and I quite like it.

The little yellow smart, if a doctor could prescribe you a car for depression I think that would be it.

Have you tried the secret race mode? If it's a semi auto just keep your foot planted and don't touch the gear stick and it will automatically change up somewhere near the redline.

Thankyou I agree it makes me smile and it's a fun little thing to drive.

15 hours ago, Erebus said:

Great fleet. Hope you get better soon

Thankyou so do I