Skoda Felicia Klected, Will Boredom Continue?

tommotech

I’m on a long overdue collection mission, having been working away for a while my first day back sees me on this exciting* adventure.  
My previous collections have mostly been with a trailer or a short drive to fetch the new delight so never did any posts for those. 
The first leg this morning was walk from my storage / workshop to Tamworth station, for a change at Nuneaton, I’m heading east. 

BD7CBBE6-3F7C-498D-BF99-4F49FB3908F8.thumb.jpeg.f033fce4b79bccb00ec22afddd4aa0ee.jpeg

I’ve collected the Skoda that was roffled back in Aug / Sept time. Unfortunately it’s taken this long to find a good time to collect. 
First thoughts then, after 50 miles or so. There’s a slight misfire / stumble at wide open throttle, progress is steady but not dramatically slow, it’s got a steering vibration at 65 mph and the temperature sits at 70 or just below when cruising but climbs to 2/3 mark when left to idle. 
Steering feel is on the vague side and whilst there is no PAS it’s not unduly heavy. It’s a bit of a buzz box at 65 / 70 but that’s to be expected, it’s comfortable enough and cruises well, but speed is a guess in the dark and the rev counter only joins in at 4000 rpm. 
Surprisingly the heater works ok, not toasty but not cold. 
So far, I like it. 

• tommotech changed the title to Skoda Felicia Klected, Will Boredom Continue?

Quick sit-rep on this little cracker. 
Found a water leak on a heater hose and replaced the jubilee clip, sorted but still needs a thermostat. 
Gearchange stiffness sorted with penetration oil and loosening the bolt that seemed too tight. 
Both CV boots need replacement as does RH steering gaiter. 
Rear brakes could do with adjusting. 
Earth cables need sorting to the battery, for some strange reason there are two large cables to the gearbox and none to the body. Alarmingly  one of the earth cables is red!!! 
Needs a LH fog lamp if anyone’s got one knocking around.  
It’s really solid underneath, surprisingly so. 
I really like this car.