Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

I am unable to attend . Pity has its  not that far this time. My step father passed away last week and emptying his house,  before handing back to council is proving time consuming. The charity could only collect his un needed furniture this Saturday. So that's me doing that. Never mind. Weather looks amazing and it's a beautiful place. So enjoy  one and all and hopefully it's excellent and it's back there next year. 

Just spent 40 mins in solid tailback on the A50.  Has somewhat curtailed my excitement.  
now drowning my sorrows in multinational corporate coffee and foodstuffs at Keele services.  
Llanberis at around 10.30pm at this rate.  Dammit.

See yous all tomorrow - hopefully in a more cheerful mood!

I may also have collected a ticket for a red light in Nottingham, 30 secs after leaving my gaff.

Harrumph.

2 minutes ago, taxi paul said:

I am unable to attend . Pity has its  not that far this time. My step father passed away last week and emptying his house,  before handing back to council is proving time consuming. The charity could only collect his un needed furniture this Saturday. So that's me doing that. Never mind. Weather looks amazing and it's a beautiful place. So enjoy  one and all and hopefully it's excellent and it's back there next year. 

Very sorry to hear that Paul.  I just lost my brother very suddenly  in May, and spent a week and a half clearing his apartment.   Wry much know where your head's at mate.
Rotten stuff.  

A pint with your name on it should we cross paths.

Chris

Have a great weekend all. I would love to be be there but I can't make it unfortunately, and I only live 2 miles away!

It's a lovely campsite and their pizzas are bloody good too. Hopefully some of the Llanberis roadworks are cleared away for the weekend, it looked like they were clearing some last night. 

Enjoiwch pawb!

Hi. I am thinking of coming along, despite being relatively quiet on here! It would be good to meet everybody attending. I've been told we are supposed to show interest officially or something and there's some kind of cost for the field. Shall I just turn up and discuss on arrival or is there more to it? Thanks.

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Fuck me, is this entire country just one great big fucking roadworks? 😤

Yes. I'd have nothing to talk about in my travel bulletins for some areas if it wasn't.

On 15/06/2022 at 11:32, LightBulbFun said:

knowing my luck the whole appointment will be re-scheduled, but right at the last minute when its too late to do anything about it

this shit is like a never ending bad movie where everything is awful and predictable as hell, guess what has just happened!

mum just got off an angry phone call where at the last minute they cancelled the operation 

Ill spare you the details but I think she is about ready to inflict actual grievous bodily harm upon the people responsible 

its not even been rescheduled yet, so we now have no idea when it will actually happen now just to add to the "fun" of it all

who wants to bet it will be re-scheduled right on the 13th/14th of August

FFS

*sigh*

I hope the rest of you have a good shitefest weekend :)

(hopefully I have taken all the shit going wrong-ness for the weekend so everyone else can make it LOL)

18 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

this shit is like a never ending bad movie where everything is awful and predictable as hell, guess what has just happened!

mum just got off an angry phone call where at the last minute they cancelled the operation 

Ill spare you the details but I think she is about ready to inflict actual grievous bodily harm upon the people responsible 

its not even been rescheduled yet, so we now have no idea when it will actually happen now just to add to the "fun" of it all

who wants to bet it will be re-scheduled right on the 13th/14th of August

FFS

*sigh*

I hope the rest of you have a good shitefest weekend :)

(hopefully I have taken all the shit going wrong-ness for the weekend so everyone else can make it LOL)

Train across and I'll pick you up from the station? 

6 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Train across and I'll pick you up from the station? 

sadly its too late to do anything about it, 

and im not sure where you even are at this point in time LOL (and you know how I dont do public transport well)

I appreciate the thought tho!

at this point I just wish I had REV back!

(not that it would save the day, but with all thats going on I wish she was back! so at least I have something in this whole shit show of mine!)

2 hours ago, nick said:

Hi. I am thinking of coming along, despite being relatively quiet on here! It would be good to meet everybody attending. I've been told we are supposed to show interest officially or something and there's some kind of cost for the field. Shall I just turn up and discuss on arrival or is there more to it? Thanks.

Hi Nick, you're welcome to come. If you camp it's £10 per person per night. Ask for Sunny Jim when you get here. PM me if you need my phone number.