Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Can do that easily, to get to peterboghorror I go under the new a14, assume get on somewhere there and head east then? 

thame hitchin head for m11 finchingfield then colchester then bosh

no need for motorway - east of m11 thru the country far nicer and you might see the windmill lol

6 minutes ago, hairnet said:

thame hitchin head for m11 finchingfield then colchester then bosh

no need for motorway - east of m11 thru the country far nicer and you might see the windmill lol

Perfect, sounds a way nicer route, at least I'll keep moving 😂

20 hours ago, trigger said:

Is there still interest in this as if i really do need to organise something then i need to get booking, I'm thinking Friday 29th -1st May weekend

Count me in!

assuming I can get REV's final issues sorted and enough driving experience down in 3 months!

this could be interesting!

May I propose the first weekend in June (3rd / 4th / 5th - 4 weeks later)? Bit later, bit more time for folk to organise time off, lighter nights, warmer weather. Still outside school holidays.

Not my event so feel free to tell me to fuck off.

5 hours ago, Inspector Morose said:

Hmm, tricky one as it’s the 50th anniversary Leyland National bash at Whitehaven that wekend.

1 hour ago, dollywobbler said:

Ah. Good point. That's something I'd like to see.

Could always have a Northern Annexe for those of us who can't get dahn sarf.  I might sneak up to Whitehaven myself, it's only 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, davidfowler2000 said:

May I propose the first weekend in June (3rd / 4th / 5th - 4 weeks later)? Bit later, bit more time for folk to organise time off, lighter nights, warmer weather. Still outside school holidays.

Technically that's fine for me but it's the Jubilee bank holiday weekend so could be a bit more awkward.

I'm happy to look into other weekends just providing the field is free? The weekend before is a little more awkward for me as I'm holding a car meet at the Aviation museum in Ipswich, the 20th-22nd May weekend is clear for me though.

1 minute ago, trigger said:

Technically that's fine for me but it's the Jubilee bank holiday weekend so could be a bit more awkward.

I'm happy to look into other weekends just providing the field is free? The weekend before is a little more awkward for me as I'm holding a car meet at the Aviation museum in Ipswich, the 20th-22nd May weekend is clear for me though.

Spot the Scottish guy knowing the square root of fuck nothing about something royal.

Was merely a suggestion. Maybe do as in previous years, get a couple of different weekends and run a poll?

Right. I have 4 months then to get the MX5 back on the Road. Its been sitting in the garage since start of lockdown.  

It's the only car we have worthy of attending. Obviously an Astra J (which we have 2) wont be appropriate.

I wonder if i can get @MikeRto come and share the driving. If we put the top down we will look like two old happy hairdressers.  

1 hour ago, bobdisk said:

Yeah count me in for any time then. At the FOD I take it? It will be a good outing for my new ........ (Watch the avatar 😉)

Hi Bob. No we'll be braving the wilds of East Anglia for this one... Look for Shotley and you'll be close. 

FoD days go on a separate thread, this is the big yearly meet up that hasn't happened for some reason lately🤔

7 hours ago, bobdisk said:

Yeah count me in for any time then. At the FOD I take it? It will be a good outing for my new ........ (Watch the avatar 😉)

As has been said this is the main Forum event and I plan to attend.

In addition there will be several Field of Dreams (FoD) events, with activities like lay a 2 ft narrow gauge railway, collect and start a Saab 95 that has been off the road for 20 years,  Replace parts on the Toledo and drive it to the chip shop. Dates to be announced.