Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

And then Scotland fest before that

Screenshot_20220607-140025_Facebook.thumb.jpg.0f7174fa3286f84c69f831bd47586e58.jpg

Ah, the battered to fuck but rock solid 416 that I'd bought from Bramz a week before sight unseen for £350 - that car was fucking fantastic. Should have kept it really - but it's been restored now. :)

52 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Ah, the battered to fuck but rock solid 416 that I'd bought from Bramz a week before sight unseen for £350 - that car was fucking fantastic. Should have kept it really - but it's been restored now. :)

Was certainly a good one, faultless the whole trip and out cornered me on that twisty road we took on the way back

55mph though... 

1. davidfowler2000 - both nights trailer
2. Brownnova - both nights tent or car
3. Beko - both nights tent (might be added mum and stepdad in the same tent)
4. Supernaut - both nights tent
5. Juular - both nights car
6. catsinthewelder +kids both nights tent
7. Fumbler- both nights car
8. chaseracer - both nights tent or car
9. EightMegs - Both nights, tent
10. batterypowered - Both nights, tent
11. Twosmoke300 plus 2 or 3 guests (awaiting confirmation) - both nights van and tent
12. cms206 - both nights, camper
13. ghosty - both nights, car
14. Captain_70s - (Maybe) both nights, car or tent.
15. Fatharris - both nights - tent
16. 3VOM - both nights - car, tent, something
17. 320touring - both nights tent or car (TBC)
18. horriblemercedes both nights, tent
19. Hillmanimp - both night, tent or camper.
20. Kirton  - Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights camper
21. LiteAce Owner (EightMegs) - both nights, van
22. Dave_Q - Saturday only, maybe van, maybe moped + smol tent
23. Cord Fourteener - maybe Friday night, definitely Saturday night - two kids - tent or tarpaulin and hammock.
24. taxi paul - Saturday day visitor + (possibly) some family
25. dozeydustman - (if can get cover) Saturday - car
26. reb- (if the time-off gods allow) both nights - car
27 - Anthony G, Friday & Saturday night, staying off site.
28. Six-cylinder - b&b booked locally Friday & Saturday nights 
29. maxxo - both nights ten
30. Jaypee - both nights, car #galaxy
31. LightBulbFun - both nights, staying off site
32. BL Bloke - both nights, staying off site
33. MondeoBlues - both nights, tent
34. hairnet - Fri maybe, Sat deffo, staying local (bring plenty of cake)
35. bezzabsa - both nights, van (maybe with mattress)
36. Aldo135 - plus 3 kids, both nights in tent
37. MattJY - both nights, tent
38. stripped fred - Saturday night - camping
39. Zelandeth - Saturday night - camper van
40. Jim Bell - day visitor Saturday
41. Conrad D. Conelrad - day visitor Saturday

Who'll be the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?

On 6/13/2022 at 8:56 AM, tul66 said:

I'm up for this but 300 miles each way means £250 in fuel alone might force a rethink!

It's 300 miles each way for me too, which is why I'm hesitating.  Although if I come in the 107 I should be able to do there and back on 10 gallons, which is 100 quid or so (or will be by then).  600 miles in a 107 in a weekend is a bloody long way though...

On 14/05/2022 at 00:20, LightBulbFun said:

(now that I have added my name to the list how much do you want to bet that my PIP tribunal will be scheduled right on the Friday or such)

turns out it was not the tribunal service, but the National Health Service which has scheduled an operation for my mum right in the middle of shitefest

so I am afraid im going to have bail, as Im obviously going to want to be at home to look after mum post op (and be there incase I need to make a run to the hospital for any reason)

it seems like every major event/thing I want to make it to, life finds a way to chuck a spanner in the works!

hopefully fingers crossed maybe I might be able to make it to shitefest 2023?, maybe even in REV if im lucky? (hah!)

I do apologise for any inconvenience I have caused by bailing, if theres any pre booked rooms or camping slots such that I still need to pay for do let know @Sunny Jim

although I imagine @BL Bloke and especially @beko1987 are relived they wont have to worry about shuttling me about!

(I still very much appreciate your offers on all that!)

next time the attendee list gets updated if someone could remove my entry that would be appreciated  (someone else can take number 31 so you dont have to shuffle the numbers about LOL)

8 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

turns out it was not the tribunal service, but the National Health Service which has scheduled an operation for my mum right in the middle of shitefest

so I am afraid im going to have bail, as Im obviously going to want to be at home to look after mum post op (and be there incase I need to make a run to the hospital for any reason)

it seems like every major event/thing I want to make it to, life finds a way to chuck a spanner in the works!

hopefully fingers crossed maybe I might be able to make it to shitefest 2023?, maybe even in REV if im lucky? (hah!)

I do apologise for any inconvenience I have caused by bailing, if theres any pre booked rooms or camping slots such that I still need to pay for do let know @Sunny Jim

although I imagine @BL Bloke and especially @beko1987 are relived they wont have to worry about shuttling me about!

(I still very much appreciate your offers on all that!)

next time the attendee list gets updated if someone could remove my entry that would be appreciated  (someone else can take number 31 so you dont have to shuffle the numbers about LOL)

That's sad and annoying, sods bloody law! 

If it gets moved or rearranged then the lift still stands 👍 I've booked the Thursday and Monday off work anyway and I'm not changing that now 😅

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

That's sad and annoying, sods bloody law! 

If it gets moved or rearranged then the lift still stands 👍 I've booked the Thursday and Monday off work anyway and I'm not changing that now 😅

indeed! just typical but it happens so often to me, that im genuinely not surprised, its why I put the pre-warner in there in the first place!

thats very much appreciated and good to know the lift offer still stands! :) knowing my luck the whole appointment will be re-scheduled, but right at the last minute when its too late to do anything about it

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

indeed! just typical but it happens so often to me, that im genuinely not surprised, its why I put the pre-warner in there in the first place!

thats very much appreciated and good to know the lift offer still stands! :) knowing my luck the whole appointment will be re-scheduled, but right at the last minute when its too late to do anything about it

Knowing the NHS and my stepdads cancelled eye appointments just as I was sat in their front room after rearranging an entire day TWICE to take him I'd keep plan B open 😅

I'd leave mine at 10amish Thursday to get you if it wasn't cancelled, so you have until 10.30am to change your mind. 

That's a shame @LightBulbFun I was looking forward to meeting you. Don't worry you won't have to pay for any accommodation you don't use and if anything changes at your end it sounds as though  @beko1987 would pick you up and there'll still be a bed for you.

Looks like @BL Bloke might have the accommodation to himself but that's not a problem either.