Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

On 7/20/2022 at 1:49 PM, Talbot said:

It won't.  Definitely don't use that, as it won't be the right amount needed, and those disposables ALWAYS introduce air into the system, destroying the performance and introducing moisture.

I am actually about halfway through my bottle.   Where are you based again?  Might be able to meet up somewhere...

I'm in Derbyshire,thanks for tip about halfords. Used it for a top up in past but my system showing next to nothing on gauge on low pressure point. 

8 hours ago, Jazoli said:

You can get a recharge at ATS through Groupon for £39 which is cheaper than a DIY bottle from Halfords even with a trade card. 

I've got trade card and that Groupon still is cheaper too plus it be done with the correct technique rather than fill through low point 

A bit late posting here but I thoroughly enjoyed my first Shitefest. I arrived late Friday afternoon a was able to park on the field with some of the others who were staying  off site for a couple of hours before we had to move to make room for those who were camping.

DSCF3418.JPG.24dbb9255e613321e3ac2cb4f29aff1e.JPG

The ride on the train was fun if rather hot and the slate museum was very interesting.

DSCF3422.JPG.ccc8c668ef61fa3e544bd2f080bc0403.JPGDSCF3423.JPG.69d0048c89a1dcebce5bb1e6b1bb4ed1.JPG

DSCF3424.JPG.da5f25fd84b458a7716fba36efd9be57.JPGDSCF3425.JPG.62e40c67f6d9026aff810ee09ae37bc8.JPG

Being a BL licker my favourite car of the weekend had to be the Marina but the Hondas and SEAT Ibiza ran it close.

DSCF3429.JPG.3fb13cf7ba0d2c238b2024c3cff0260b.JPGDSCF3431.JPG.93f3d35474c83a0048f4231695132047.JPGDSCF3432.JPG.161ea8e13ab313ffedaa492588cb280a.JPG

It was great to meet everyone although I must make more of an effort to introduce myself to people next time. The Rover performed well all weekend without any trouble although on the way home the fuel gauge did pretend that it was the speedo and dropped to empty a couple of times when i stopped for traffic then went back up when I moved off again. 😕

Thanks to @Sunny Jim for arranging it and to everyone else for making it a great weekend. 🙂

DSCF3430.JPG

• 8 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 12:28 AM, mat_the_cat said:

Didn't he organise the one at the bubble car museum? I'm sure it was over in the badlands of the far east.

Come to think of it, we haven't had one in Shropshire have we? @catsinthewelder ;-)😛

I don't think I've ever been to Shropshire. Or actually I have. Either way, it sounds like a great idea.

• chaseracer changed the title to Shitefest 23...???

I think Chodmongley is in Shropshire (just).  I'm right at the other end, the best part of an hour and a half away.

Would love to host one but can't think of a location.  Annoyingly I used to have the perfect location at the college.  A big field with a sports hall that had toilets and showers but I don't work there any more and the new management don't like renting the facilities out.

Actually I might know somewhere,  not perfect.  It has a lot of space, electric, water and a portaloo but nothing else within walking distance.  Will contact the owner when I get home if that sounds plausible?

1 hour ago, catsinthewelder said:

Annoyingly I used to have the perfect location at the college.  A big field with a sports hall that had toilets and showers but I don't work there any more and the new management don't like renting the facilities out.

'Tis easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, hairnet said:

did anyone pick up the norwich city/lotus chair :D (green with yellow trim)

parked at svm corner next to flowlers camper

ta

I have only just noticed this post😆!

Anyway, yes, I have this, it is in my garage somewhere. Will bring to the next FoD, or maybe even a Shitefest in Shropshire?

On 4/7/2023 at 5:02 AM, 83C said:

West Midlands Showground in Shrewsbury might be worth a look? They do camping and caravan facilities

Been there a couple of times for festivals and it's always been decent.

Count me in wherever or whenever it is.