Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

I've got to duck out of this weekend;  after 2 years Mrs K and I finally copped a dose of Covid, not that unexpected having spend a week in a coach with 40 others.  Fortunately we got the current low strength version but we are left feeling weary even after a good night's sleep;  not a good basis for a 300 mile drive each way in high temperatures.

Being old I had qualified for the fourth booster, and as with the first three suffered no ill effects.  Mrs K not being quite as geriatric doesn't qualify for the fourth booster but having been classed as vulnerable got isssued with a special set of tests, got ill, tested positive and has been issued with anti viral tablets - couriered out from the big Exeter hospital as neither of us were fit to drive to collect them. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend and NO FTPs

10 minutes ago, hairnet said:

That's not a hotel............

No I gathered that. It's good they've finally admitted you to the proper authorities, but will you be fit enough for a weekend pass out this weekend, or are you fully out as well? Or only out because of transport issues now your drip trolley probably won't fit on the bike/your mum's car

21 hours ago, Talbot said:

A vac-test will confirm if you have a hole in the system anywhere.  Whilst I can't nitrogen pressure-test a system, if the car holds vacuum for several hours, then it's a fairly good indicator that it's good-to-go.  No charge for that!

I have nitrogen test kit . If there is enough demand I could bring that too .

3 hours ago, Talbot said:

Whilst I remember... @Sunny Jim I know you mentioned earlier in the thread that there are no electrical hookups for the camping.  However, are you aware of any power available on site at all?  Even if it's a little walk away?

12v socket in your car, I dare say

5 hours ago, Talbot said:

Whilst I remember... @Sunny Jim I know you mentioned earlier in the thread that there are no electrical hookups for the camping.  However, are you aware of any power available on site at all?  Even if it's a little walk away?

I will have ~400W 240V inverter power in my trailer.

2 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

That ain’t gonna drive an AC vac pump 

Tru, but it does only draw about 250w, so a 300w continuous load inverter and a decent 12V battery (or indeed connected to the car in question) should be OK.