Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

8 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

For those planning on coming via the A5 and Llanberis Pass there are roadworks on the A4086 alongside the lake (Llyn Padarn). There's traffic lights and a contraflow and if you hit it at the wrong time the delays can be considerable.

Screenshot_20220710-141508.thumb.jpg.9f439e91ed4195b9ce5f66255eeb1583.jpg

If you're going on Lake Railway consider going from Penllyn (head of the lake) which is ten minutes walk from the campsite, otherwise Llanberis is a 3 mile walk.

Parents bringing kids: for the little ones there's swings and slides and for the older ones a skatepark in Cwm Y Glo, five minutes from the campsite.

The Snowdon Inn used to be called Y Fricsan and the old signs are still the easiest to spot when you're looking for where to turn off the A4086.

IMG_20220710_114132.thumb.jpg.672af85c2209e862ef6eaee282539362.jpgIMG_20220710_114231.thumb.jpg.3cf43f1e9f58f47e67b8cb4e0d41611a.jpg

Looks like the best way might be A5 all the way to Bethesda then turn left at A55 services, the roundabout before the A55, to get to the Llanberis- Caernarfon road. 

Or maybe just sit in the roadworks for the 5 mins rather than going on mad detours. Wherever you go the views will be nice. 

If anyone is interested, Cwm Y Glo is pronounced 'Cum uh Glore' and means Coal Valley, or possibly locked valley. Having done zero research in my mind it could be either. 

Llanberis means St Peris' enclosure and Llyn Padarn means Padarn's lake, Caernarfon means castle on the river. 

Brynrefail means forge hill.

There's an interesting rock on @Sunny Jim's map called Union Rock (Craig yr Undeb), not sure what that's about...

1 minute ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Nonsense, slowness is not a factor; I drove from Bristol to North Wales in limp mode, with all of about 10hp in a Mondeo and still beat the satnav time...

😅😉

Which is why I'll be in the Volvo 740.

Actually it's not, i was always going to bring the 740.

Most important job of the day done!

I have booked 2 compartments for the Llanberis Lake Railway at 12:45 train from Gilfach Ddu on Saturday 16th July. 

Each compartment is for upto six people but I suspect 4 will be more comfortable. That makes the cost £6.50 per person and if I turn out to be "Billy no mates" I will lord it in my empty compartments!

I also intend to have a look around the slate museum which is free.

https://museum.wales/slate/about/

I am planning on being at this, but will have a little added bonus for anyone that would like it:

Given the warm* weather we're experiencing at the moment, if anyone has a car with AC that "just needs a re-gas M9", then I will be doing re-gasses.  I now have all the kit needed to do a decent job of it.  That includes virgin R134a gas, decent vac pump, PAG oil etc.

If you'd like to have your non-working AC brought back to life, check the following things: 

• Your car needs R134a (generally 1993 to 2013 vehicles, some maybe as late as 2017), or it's an earlier R12 vehicle that has R134a adaptors fitted.
  • There isn't a twatting great hole in the condensor where the towball of the vehicle you were following too closely has gone through it. (or, like, a stone or something)
  • There is access to at least the low-pressure port on the system.  Ideally the high-side port too. (this isn't usually an issue, but might need covers/grilles removing.)
  • The sticker/plate on the slam panel tells you(me) how much gas it needs.  Or the answer can be found online.

£40 mates-rates to cover costs only.  Maybe £45 if your car takes a fucktonne of gas (IE more than about 1kg, which very few do)

Any takers?

3 minutes ago, Talbot said:

I am planning on being at this, but will have a little added bonus for anyone that would like it:

Given the warm* weather we're experiencing at the moment, if anyone has a car with AC that "just needs a re-gas M9", then I will be doing re-gasses.  I now have all the kit needed to do a decent job of it.  That includes virgin R134a gas, decent vac pump, PAG oil etc.

If you'd like to have your non-working AC brought back to life, check the following things: 

• Your car needs R134a (generally 1993 to 2013 vehicles, some maybe as late as 2017), or it's an earlier R12 vehicle that has R134a adaptors fitted.
  • There isn't a twatting great hole in the condensor where the towball of the vehicle you were following too closely has gone through it. (or, like, a stone or something)
  • There is access to at least the low-pressure port on the system.  Ideally the high-side port too.
  • The sticker/plate on the slam panel tells you(me) how much gas it needs.  Or the answer can be found online.

£40 mates-rates to cover costs only.  Maybe £45 if your car takes a fucktonne of gas (IE more than about 1kg, which very few do)

Any takers?

I will try and bring my SVX on one of the days. 

16 hours ago, MrDuke said:

In that case, you might as well take the SMR to the summit of  ¾ of the way up Yr Wyddfa. (Because apparently it takes years to replace a short length of single narrow-gauge track)

The Fronterror's gone, then...? 

image.png

😉

Sorry it's a bit late, but I have finally managed to get my Ibiza roadworthy and would like to see if there is any space free for Friday night.  1607599242_IbizaMonmouth.thumb.jpg.11e0758a1f64875a69c5df12f91cd7a1.jpg

Taken it to work (30 mile journey) for the first time today and hit 16,666 miles. I'll be camping if possible, arriving fairly late after work from South Wales, at around SEAT o'clock.

17886948_16666miles.thumb.jpg.a199f7ee46c918b0ae9cecaa5437c114.jpg

Mark

57 minutes ago, Talbot said:

• There is access to at least the low-pressure port on the system.  Ideally the high-side port too. (this isn't usually an issue, but might need covers/grilles removing.)

Any takers?

Damnit, I've already booked and paid for one this week! I would've definitely taken you up on that.

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have booked 2 compartments for the Llanberis Lake Railway at 12:45 train from Gilfach Ddu on Saturday 16th July. 

Each compartment is for upto six people but I suspect 4 will be more comfortable. That makes the cost £6.50 per person and if I turn out to be "Billy no mates" I will lord it in my empty compartments!

Count me in for that

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Count me in also if there be space.

20 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I guess at this stage I will be able to book a 3rd compartment on the train if we exceed 8. So please give me an idea of numbers, who is planning to join me.

1. @Six-cylinder

2. @davidfowler2000

3. @cms206

when are you planning on heading down there?