Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

Sounds good. I have stayed at lyys Derwen with merris a few times. Are the old cars still parked next to the old garage in Llanrug village. Not sure on spellings there. Easy day visit for me from where I am, 2 hours or so. Will do my best to have a jaunt over on the Saturday. Will probably involve bringing moaning kids. But we shall see. 

1. davidfowler2000 - both nights trailer
2. Brownnova - both nights tent or car
3. Beko - both nights tent
4. Supernaut - both nights tent
5. Juular - both nights car
6. catsinthewelder +kids both nights tent
7. Fumbler- both nights car
8. chaseracer - both nights tent or car
9. EightMegs - Both nights, tent
10. batterypowered - Both nights, tent
11. Twosmoke300 plus 2 or 3 guests (awaiting confirmation) - both nights van and tent
12. cms206 - both nights, camper
13. ghosty - both nights, car
14. Captain_70s - (Maybe) both nights, car or tent.
15. Fatharris - both nights - tent
16. 3VOM - both nights - car, tent, something
17. 320touring - both nights tent or car (TBC)
18. horriblemercedes both nights, tent
19. Hillmanimp - both night, tent or camper.
20. Kirton  - Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights camper
21. LiteAce Owner (EightMegs) - both nights, van
22. Dave_Q - Saturday only, maybe van, maybe moped + smol tent
23. Cord Fourteener - (possibly) both nights + (possibly) some family
24. taxi paul - Saturday day visitor + (possibly) some family
25. dozeydustman - (if can get cover) Saturday - car
26. reb- (if the time-off gods allow) both nights - car

@davidfowler2000how do I get rid of the double line break from 22 onwards before your teeth start to itch?

7 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

@davidfowler2000how do I get rid of the double line break from 22 onwards before your teeth start to itch?

if you hold shift while hitting enter/return (carriage return)

then it wont automatically double line break
like so 

:) 

(you can also copy it into a text editor, fix it and then paste it back, in plain text if needed to get rid of any residual formatting/colourations)

11. Twosmoke300 plus 2 or 3 guests (awaiting confirmation) - both nights van and tent
27 - Anthony G, Friday & Saturday night, staying off site. 

There we go!

@stripped fredwot @beko1987 said. We'll be at the Snowdon Inn Campsite, Llanberis Road, Cwm Y Glo LL554EE. https://www.thesnowdoninn.co.uk/

About 180 miles or a little over three hours from you (if you're in Leicester).

Leicester to Cwm-y-glo, Caernarfon LL55 4EE - Google Maps.htm

It'll be £10 per night to camp, payable when you arrive - no need to book with the campsite - just let me know if you want to come via this thread. Hope to see you in July.

28. Six-cylinder - b&b booked 
locally Friday & Saturday nights 

28. Six-cylinder - b&b booked 
locally Friday & Saturday nights 
29. maxxo - both nights tent

Thanks for the formatting tips @LightBulbFun!

Right then,seeing as we are now a 1 car household driving to Wales is out the question. That leaves the motorbike. 152 miles on a 125 is doable,last time I did a similar run was on a honda c90 when we spent a wet weekend in Barmouth. 

I won't have the caravan then and if I did I'd not be able to tow it with the bike  so that means buying a tent or booking hotel. Tents don't appeal with my disability though so will need to look into hotels.

I cone back from a week in Kent on the 11th. Will the wife let me go out to play for a weekend? I'll let you know tomorro! If be game for riding over though if I can sort some accommodation as the thought of over 300 mile in a day doesn't appeal!

Edit

Travelodge is over 200 quid for 2 nights,air bnb will be about 100 minimum and Premier Inn has no parking. Can anyone recommend anything comfy to lie on in a tent? Army style cot maybe? Does anyone have a cheap tent for sale?!

45 minutes ago, bub2006 said:

Edit

Travelodge is over 200 quid for 2 nights,air bnb will be about 100 minimum and Premier Inn has no parking. Can anyone recommend anything comfy to lie on in a tent? Army style cot maybe? Does anyone have a cheap tent for sale?!

@Sunny Jim mentioned theres a  chalet available for booking which might be suitable? I have been wondering if anyone else was planning on booking it, id be happy to split the costs

then the only problem id have to solve is actually getting to it from the site LOL

On 26/04/2022 at 20:56, Sunny Jim said:

Suitable for motorhomes and small caravans. I'm sure Ted won't have a problem with people sleeping in cars either. He's a pretty laid-back bloke and from what you outlined above we'll have no problem complying with the few 'rules' there are at The Snowdon Inn.

For @LightBulbFun and anyone else who doesn't want to camp a colleague has a wooden chalet that's free that weekend. The accommodation consists of a double bed and two bunk beds in one room and a sofa bed in the living room, toilet shower and kitchen area - it's £50 a night all in. It's about half a mile from the campsite up a hill over looking the lake. If anyone's interested let me know asap and I'll get it booked.

8224841c-2508-44a2-b327-7b5f79f3117f.thumb.jpg.96d9ca67ef4306b7cf2a6071e14ef863.jpg1d57fc3c-8a9c-4b36-865a-a45e93fec2ab.thumb.webp.be9072063011dcbf2dac6c84b20e1ca3.webp

This link to it on airbnb will show it as booked - it is still available they've just sacked off airbnb and prefer to let it through word of mouth. airbnb link

A bit of logic and reasoning means I'll sadly not be able to attend. Can't warrant 100 quid plus for accommodation then petrol and food so soon after getting back from Kent. Plus since I've been ill I've not been able to cope well long distance so I'll probably still be wiped out from the trip back from Kent Monday before. Also highly doubt if I bought a tent I'd be able to stand up in the morning!

17 hours ago, bub2006 said:

Right then,seeing as we are now a 1 car household driving to Wales is out the question. That leaves the motorbike. 152 miles on a 125 is doable,last time I did a similar run was on a honda c90 when we spent a wet weekend in Barmouth. 

I won't have the caravan then and if I did I'd not be able to tow it with the bike  so that means buying a tent or booking hotel. Tents don't appeal with my disability though so will need to look into hotels.

I cone back from a week in Kent on the 11th. Will the wife let me go out to play for a weekend? I'll let you know tomorro! If be game for riding over though if I can sort some accommodation as the thought of over 300 mile in a day doesn't appeal!

Edit

I got a tent...

19 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

@Sunny Jim mentioned theres a  chalet available for booking which might be suitable? I have been wondering if anyone else was planning on booking it, id be happy to split the costs

then the only problem id have to solve is actually getting to it from the site LOL

I'm planning on coming along for the weekend but I don't do camping so if the chalet is available I could split the cost with @LightBulbFun and provide a lift from the site to the chalet and back. The Saxo has already been to South and Mid Wales back in 2019 so a trip to North Wales would complete the set. 🙂 

Thanks for the most kind offer of the glamping Mondeo (Glamondeo?) @Cord Fourteener.

@BL Bloke& @LightBulbFun (and anyone else who might be interested) please let me know if you'd like the chalet as soon as you can. My colleague, George, has been kind enough to keep it free for now but I did say I'd let him know soon. @Supernaut were you interested in it for a few days after the event?

36 minutes ago, BL Bloke said:

I'm planning on coming along for the weekend but I don't do camping so if the chalet is available I could split the cost with @LightBulbFun and provide a lift from the site to the chalet and back. The Saxo has already been to South and Mid Wales back in 2019 so a trip to North Wales would complete the set. 🙂 

that could work nicely! as long as @beko1987 is still game for giving himself PTSD by picking me up from near central London!

On 27/04/2022 at 20:11, beko1987 said:

There could be a tentative plan C I guess, PM me your full address, guess there's nothing to stop me picking you up on thursday, you'd have to sleep at mine overnight although in a proper single bed, then take you back monday.

just want to double check, when you say take me back monday, am I correct in saying that is from your place, so I would be staying Thursday night and Sunday Night at your place?

(so I only need to book the chalet for the 2 shitefest nights?)

14 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

that could work nicely! as long as @beko1987 is still game for giving himself PTSD by picking me up from near central London!

just want to double check, when you say take me back monday, am I correct in saying that is from your place, so I would be staying Thursday night and Sunday Night at your place?

(so I only need to book the chalet for the 2 shitefest nights?)

The drive daunts the shit out of me tbh but once I'm in the car and going ill be fine 😂

Yes 2 nights at shitefest. Picking you up Thursday enables us to relax, chill and pack the car Thurs afternoon, and then we can leave Friday morning! Ditto Sunday, I might be not tired enough to drive you straight home, but if not we have a plan B! 

Alot depends on the traffic tbh, Thursday late morning traffic sounds better than Friday, ditto Sunday evening, but if not Monday morning will be fine I'm sure! 

12 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

The drive daunts the shit out of me tbh but once I'm in the car and going ill be fine 😂

Yes 2 nights at shitefest. Picking you up Thursday enables us to relax, chill and pack the car Thurs afternoon, and then we can leave Friday morning! Ditto Sunday, I might be not tired enough to drive you straight home, but if not we have a plan B! 

Alot depends on the traffic tbh, Thursday late morning traffic sounds better than Friday, ditto Sunday evening, but if not Monday morning will be fine I'm sure! 

well theres still a couple months to go, who knows maybe by then you will own something, that I can actually get Temporary insurance on :mrgreen:

otherwise good to know and sounds good to me :) 

once again its much appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Sunny Jim said:

Thanks for the most kind offer of camping stuff for shiters @Cord Fourteener.

@BL Bloke& @LightBulbFun (and anyone else who might be interested) please let me know if you'd like the chalet as soon as you can. My colleague, George, has been kind enough to keep it free for now but I did say I'd let him know soon. @Supernaut were you interested in it for a few days after the event?

you can count me as game for both nights :) 

Studying rhe route more closely it does seem to be stay on the m40 then a40 then a50whatever until I'm 2 turns from your flat. So not too tricky, just busy. Equally the a1 then m1 is close to you, and we can come back home via Aylesbury easily. 

Game on! However I can't promise no one will throw something heavy at you if you talk about nothing but invacars the entire weekend... On your own there, I'll take back what remains on Sunday 

1 minute ago, Sunny Jim said:

@LightBulbFunshall I call George tonight and book it for the Friday and Saturday nights then?

Yeah, book it, and then we can work out/worry about who else wants the chalet from there

(even if I end up on my own it will be worth the £100, and im sure* out of the 30+ people going someone will be sober enough to take me there and back each night)

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Studying rhe route more closely it does seem to be stay on the m40 then a40 then a50whatever until I'm 2 turns from your flat. So not too tricky, just busy. Equally the a1 then m1 is close to you, and we can come back home via Aylesbury easily. 

Game on! However I can't promise no one will throw something heavy at you if you talk about nothing but invacars the entire weekend... On your own there, I'll take back what remains on Sunday 

dont worry I can also ramble on about Lightbulbs, Routemasters and computers almost just as well!