Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

19 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

if I am able to make it then id defo need something like that, so its good to know its available :) 

but theres the big question on if I can make it, as mentioned its a 6 hour drive from here which is a fair old distance for someone who has only just got their licence and has not had the opportunity to drive since

but I know from driving lessons that I can take about 2 hours before I have to rest for a bit, so assuming the same applies driving Solo in REV then in theory I could split the drive up into 3,  2 hour segments, stopping over somewhere to rest grab a snack etc

but obviously I dont know when ill have REV back or how reliable she will or wont be, id like to have her in regular use a few months before a major trip so I can validate her reliability or lack there of

so Maybe if I got her back pretty soon I could make it in theory but even then its hard to say how it would go without any previous data to go on

so its likely I will not be able to make it on my own 

however if someone is going via my way id be more then happy to carpool and throw some beer tokens towards fuel costs/having to put up with me talking about Invacars for a 6 hour car ride

Assuming we're both still alive come July liftage is certainly available if you can get to Haddenham & Thame parkway, or if I'm feeling generous/if it's easier I could do Wycombe (not mk, too much of a detour). Il be tenting though and although I have a 2nd bedroom your more than welcome to in it I know you won't want to 😂 

You'd have to take the xsara/find your own way to a B&B though at nights as I'll likely be over the limit for 87% of the weekend. 

I'd aim to leave Friday morning though (your welcome to kip in Eva's bed Thursday night though) and would probably need to be back early Sunday afternoon as I take the kids to school on Monday (unless I don't have to but its all too early for that level of detail) 

At least it's more local than the last shitefest 

50 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Assuming we're both still alive come July liftage is certainly available if you can get to Haddenham & Thame parkway, or if I'm feeling generous/if it's easier I could do Wycombe (not mk, too much of a detour). Il be tenting though and although I have a 2nd bedroom your more than welcome to in it I know you won't want to 😂 

You'd have to take the xsara/find your own way to a B&B though at nights as I'll likely be over the limit for 87% of the weekend. 

I'd aim to leave Friday morning though (your welcome to kip in Eva's bed Thursday night though) and would probably need to be back early Sunday afternoon as I take the kids to school on Monday (unless I don't have to but its all too early for that level of detail) 

At least it's more local than the last shitefest 

Thanks for the offer! thats very kind of you to offer its good to know the option is there :) 

sadly those locations are still about 2 hours away involving a fair bit of public transport, and you know how I get on with that (its bad enough physically and mentally trying to get to the FoD and back, and thats just 2 short bus/tube rides and 30 minute train ride with 0 stops in the middle)

and im not sure how comfortable I would be taking someone else's car out, at night on my own, in an unfamiliar location! although that obviously depends on how much solo driving im able to get between now and then, I do however very much appreciate that offer in itself!

(if this does happen tho, im happy to be the "designated driver" to shuttle people back n form, as you know the only things I drink are water, Juice, tea and hot chocolate LOL)

so as above its good to know the option there, but for now im going to refrain from committing to anything, because im not sure how I would to solve the getting to you and getting to the BnB, but I still very much appreciate it :) 

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Thanks for the offer! thats very kind of you to offer its good to know the option is there :) 

sadly those locations are still about 2 hours away involving a fair bit of public transport, and you know how I get on with that (its bad enough physically and mentally trying to get to the FoD and back, and thats just 2 short bus/tube rides and 30 minute train ride with 0 stops in the middle)

and im not sure how comfortable I would be taking someone else's car out at night on my own in an unfamiliar location! although that obviously depends on how much solo driving im able to get between now and then, I do however very much appreciate that offer in itself!

(if this does happen tho, im happy to be the "designated driver" to shuttle people back n form, as you know the only things I drink are water, Juice, tea and hot chocolate LOL)

so as above its good to know the option there, but for now im going to refrain from committing to anything, because im not sure how I would to solve the getting to you and getting to the BnB

Yea the short bit between you and me will be the pain, i'd have to pay every tfl fine to get to yours and back! 

Box up and courier your stuff to mine prior so it's just you? 

Re car, you bend it you buy it applies, so you'd only be in it for £300ish 😂

You could drive the whole way there and back and I could just lay across the back seat and drink/smoke. 

Driving my own car at night in unfamiliar locations is bad enough, your not alone there. Especially in Wales. Luckily the bodywork is sheep proof

Thanks for all the responses. To clear things up:

• If you haven't already, let me know either through this thread or by PM when you're coming (i.e. Friday or Saturday) and whether you'll be in sleeping in your car, a tent, caravan or motorhome or if you're staying off site so I can give Ted an idea of numbers in advance.
  • There's no need to book direct with the campsite or pay in advance - it's £10 per person per night to stay on the campsite payable on arrival
  • Postcode is LL55 4EE if you're looking for alternative accommodation nearby (details of a wooden chalet at £50 a night half a mile from site on p.7)

Really looking forward to welcoming you all.

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Yea the short bit between you and me will be the pain, i'd have to pay every tfl fine to get to yours and back! 

Box up and courier your stuff to mine prior so it's just you? 

Re car, you bend it you buy it applies, so you'd only be in it for £300ish 😂

You could drive the whole way there and back and I could just lay across the back seat and drink/smoke. 

Driving my own car at night in unfamiliar locations is bad enough, your not alone there. Especially in Wales. Luckily the bodywork is sheep proof

I am at least outside of the congestion zone (although I am quite near so make sure you dont accidentally drive into it!), and id be more then happy to pay your ULEZ costs (in-fact I can pre pay for them in advance so you dont get any bother from TFL :) )

but I feel asking you to come all the way into Central London might be a step too far? LOL

16 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

@LightBulbFunlocal taxis (tacsis!) aren't bad but if you could find some others to club in with you then my mate's chalet is easily walkable from the site which would save anybody having to drive (see p.7). If you want to come then between us none of these problems are insurmountable.

good to know its pretty close by, makes me feel better if I do have to borrow Beko's car in the end! (sadly walking half a mile up hill after a day of shite-fest would probably not end well for me with my disability!)

16 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I am at least outside of the congestion zone (although I am quite near so make sure you dont accidentally drive into it!), and id be more then happy to pay your ULEZ costs (in-fact I can pre pay for them in advance so you dont get any bother from TFL :) )

but I feel asking you to come all the way into Central London might be a step too far? LOL

good to know its pretty close by, makes me feel better if I do have to borrow Beko's car in the end! (sadly walking half a mile up hill after a day of shite-fest would probably not end well for me with my disability!)

Tbh enough other people will probably be driving to other digs to catch a lift fairly easily. 

(re car, just to check do you have insurance and 3rd party driving other cars cover? If not I'm happy to look into adding you to my policy for a week.) 

Central London will be a pain if I'm allowed to be a bit selfish, would be another 200 miles all in on top of the 460+ Inc a beer and food run miles there and back 😂

12 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Tbh enough other people will probably be driving to other digs to catch a lift fairly easily. 

(re car, just to check do you have insurance and 3rd party driving other cars cover? If not I'm happy to look into adding you to my policy for a week.) 

Central London will be a pain if I'm allowed to be a bit selfish, would be another 200 miles all in on top of the 460+ Inc a beer and food run miles there and back 😂

Yeah I figured that would be extracting slightly too much urine! 

sadly my insurance does not cover other cars, (its not even a car policy LOL) but I was thinking I could get some temporary insurance to cover the weekend (although adding me to your policy also works :)

I just wish I had more data to work with, for all I know the 6 hour drive in REV could be a relative pice of piss in the end, or it could be a hellish drive fraught with many brown trouser moments

but I just cant say since I have zero experience on something like this,

I do know that generally I tend to get quite over worried and in the end things turn out to be much less worse then I anticipate them to be

for example I was very nervous on the run up to my first trip out with REV to the chippy and back, but it all went smoothly and the drive was much more relaxing then I was anticipating (apart from the indicator stalk falling off, but I have since fixed that issue LOL)

but a 6 hour drive to north wales it a bit more then a 1.5 mile round trip to the chippy and back LOL

7 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yeah I figured that would be extracting slightly too much urine! 

sadly my insurance does not cover other cars, (its not even a car policy LOL) but I was thinking I could get some temporary insurance to cover the weekend (although adding me to your policy also works :)

I just wish I had more data to work with, for all I know the 6 hour drive in REV could be a relative pice of piss in the end, or it could be a hellish drive fraught with many brown trouser moments

but I just cant say since I have zero experience on something like this,

I do know that generally I tend to get quite over worried and in the end things turn out to be much less worse then I anticipate them to be

for example I was very nervous on the run up to my first trip out with REV to the chippy and back, but it all went smoothly and the drive was much more relaxing then I was anticipating (apart from the indicator stalk falling off, but I have since fixed that issue LOL)

but a 6 hour drive to north wales it a bit more then a 1.5 mile round trip to the chippy and back LOL

I'm expecting a long horrible drive in my modern tbh, let alone an invacar all that way and back. It's wales so it will be raining alot

There could be a tentative plan C I guess, PM me your full address, guess there's nothing to stop me picking you up on thursday, you'd have to sleep at mine overnight although in a proper single bed, then take you back monday.

Adding you to my policy cost wise will probably depend on many things and I'd not rule out day insurance for a week being cheaper but happy to have a look, feel free to PM me everything I'd need to have a look at it

18 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I'm expecting a long horrible drive in my modern tbh, let alone an invacar all that way and back. It's wales so it will be raining alot

There could be a tentative plan C I guess, PM me your full address, guess there's nothing to stop me picking you up on thursday, you'd have to sleep at mine overnight although in a proper single bed, then take you back monday.

Adding you to my policy cost wise will probably depend on many things and I'd not rule out day insurance for a week being cheaper but happy to have a look, feel free to PM me everything I'd need to have a look at it

Ooh that could work!

I have sent you a PM with my address plus a couple extra details to aid insurance calculation 

as previous I am more then happy to cover any costs incurred because of me! so I more then happy to pay for the cost of adding me to your insurance if thats the route we go down etc

(or happy to go through Dayinsure or what have you, probably which ever is cheapest/easier! )

41 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

(or happy to go through Dayinsure or what have you, probably which ever is cheapest/easier! )

Ahhh...

image.thumb.png.3b058cbe56442072561d02ebc76989b3.png

apparently im uninsurable on Beko's car, his insurance is also refusing to quote me LOL

I mean I was half expecting some £LOL quotes but I was not expecting to flat out be refused a quote at all LOL

is anyone else planning on staying in that Hut on Page 7/able to Ferry me to said hut and back?

1. davidFowler - both nights trailer

2. Brownnova - both nights tent or car

3. Beko - both nights tent

4. Supernaut - both nights tent

5. Juular

6. catsunthewelder +kids both nights tent

7. Fumber- both nights car

8. chaseracer - both nights tent or car