Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

51 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

IIRC the time we stayed at Llangolen Car Museum, the comment made that the only thing we left behind was a single bottle cap someone had lost in the long grass.

The Llangollen museum guy remembers the group very fondly and said we were welcome back when I visited a few years later!

Very much looking forward to this! 

2 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Suitable for motorhomes and small caravans. I'm sure Ted won't have a problem with people sleeping in cars either. He's a pretty laid-back bloke and from what you outlined above we'll have no problem complying with the few 'rules' there are at The Snowdon Inn.

For @LightBulbFun and anyone else who doesn't want to camp a colleague has a wooden chalet that's free that weekend. The accommodation consists of a double bed and two bunk beds in one room and a sofa bed in the living room, toilet shower and kitchen area - it's £50 a night all in. It's about half a mile from the campsite up a hill over looking the lake. If anyone's interested let me know asap and I'll get it booked.

8224841c-2508-44a2-b327-7b5f79f3117f.thumb.jpg.96d9ca67ef4306b7cf2a6071e14ef863.jpg1d57fc3c-8a9c-4b36-865a-a45e93fec2ab.thumb.webp.be9072063011dcbf2dac6c84b20e1ca3.webp

This link to it on airbnb will show it as booked - it is still available they've just sacked off airbnb and prefer to let it through word of mouth. airbnb link

if I am able to make it then id defo need something like that, so its good to know its available :) 

but theres the big question on if I can make it, as mentioned its a 6 hour drive from here which is a fair old distance for someone who has only just got their licence and has not had the opportunity to drive since

but I know from driving lessons that I can take about 2 hours before I have to rest for a bit, so assuming the same applies driving Solo in REV then in theory I could split the drive up into 3,  2 hour segments, stopping over somewhere to rest grab a snack etc

but obviously I dont know when ill have REV back or how reliable she will or wont be, id like to have her in regular use a few months before a major trip so I can validate her reliability or lack there of

so Maybe if I got her back pretty soon I could make it in theory but even then its hard to say how it would go without any previous data to go on

so its likely I will not be able to make it on my own 

however if someone is going via my way id be more then happy to carpool and throw some beer tokens towards fuel costs/having to put up with me talking about Invacars for a 6 hour car ride

• brownnova changed the title to Shitefest 22 North Wales - 15-17th July!!
1 hour ago, Sunny Jim said:

@Ghosty@Flat4@hairnet@fatharris@catsinthewelder@davidfowler2000@AnthonyG@cms206@brownnova@Fumbler@wuvvum@Dobloseven@83C@Cord Fourteener

Right, Shitefest '22 in North Wales is go! Had a good chat this afternoon with Ted, the owner of the campsite. I explained that at this stage I only had about 20-30 people interested so hiring the whole campsite for the weekend of 15-17th July wasn't feasible. "No worries," he replied, "cos I've just realised I've already taken three bookings for that weekend." He's still happy for us to stay too, however and said he won't take any more bookings from other people.

So here's the deal: campers will pay £10 per person per night to camp. I realise that some people will be staying off-site and we might have some day visitors too, but we'll need to limit the numbers doing this so as not to take the piss. Perhaps we could have a nominal parking charge and give the money either to Ted or a charity of his choice?

We'll be at The Snowdon Inn Campsite, Llanberis Road, Cwm Y Glo LL55 4EE Link to website

snowdon-inn.jpg.4575b677157e261d26e043a4e773c452.jpg

The Bakehouse and the Cube Kebab Van  will be open in the evenings to feed us and Ted's going to ask both of them if either  might be willing to do us some breakfast baps of a morning. I'm putting out feelers to try and borrow some gazebos so we can have some communal space to shelter from the Welsh sun (or rain if it rains).

So please do come and have fun - shite am byth!

@twosmoke300could you change the thread title again please and maybe delete the poll if possible or should I just start a new thread?

Fuck, that looks like a lovely place to stay. Not far from some cracking mountain biking too.

Any mountain bikers fancy tying it in with a trip to Antur Stiniog or Coed y Brenin?

18 minutes ago, brownnova said:

The Llangollen museum guy remembers the group very fondly and said we were welcome back when I visited a few years later!

I remember that evening we were lacking a fridge to keep the beer cool - then someone spotted an old Trafic fridge van in the undergrowth. Cue much action getting the thing started, then the site owner came over. I thought he was going to tell us all off for messing with his stuff, but he basically just said crack on!

Really disappointed not to be making it, but hope you all have a great time!

1 hour ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Regular Shitefest attenders will be aware that on Saturday morning myself and @cms206 will have limited supplies of angular, geometrically shaped sausage, tattie scones and Scottish crispy rolls that rip your gums apart. It usually goes down very well. @dollywobbler is usually first in the queue.

Sadly someone else will have to be first this year. If you've not had a Scottish breakfast before, you'll love it. You can really taste the corners. If my plans fall through, I'll look forward to seeing you there.

1 minute ago, Sunny Jim said:

Antur Stiniog and Coed Y Brenin are places where MAMILs break their clavicles.

No, the MAMILS wobble around on the roads. There'll be no (visible) lycra on the MTB trails.

Fair play on the clavicles though, I'd not be riding there without my body armour! 

Anyways, sorry to derail the chat.

Forthe site owner's comfort factor;

My experience is that Shitefest isn't a bunch of hooligans, if required there is a bit of peer pressure.  Drinking, but not rowdy

I stayed after all had left the Bubble Car Museum;  I went around the site and all I found was two very small scraps of paper;  the site woners weren't 100% happy but they had only cut the site a day beforehand and there was long cut grass tramped into the toilet block, not our fault.  Quite likely the site will be tidier after our visit that it started.

When we hosted at the village football club visitors kept off the playing pitch as requested although there is no barrier to stop them.

Just prior to the SF we had had a new and rather fine kitchen installed, the pride and joy of the club ladies who were rather apprehensive about what state it would be left in after being used by unsupervised males - they would have us back again

It's looking good for me;  the van should be serviced and Motd this week, just needs step son not to prang it when he borrows it in a couple of weeks time

2 hours ago, kirton said:

Quite likely the site will be tidier after our visit that it started.

After SF Llangollen I was pleased to see that not only were member going round in the morning collecting the rubbish, they were also segregating the (not inconsiderable amount of!) bottles and cans for recycling. We're not a bad bunch!

14 hours ago, dome said:

Any mountain bikers fancy tying it in with a trip to Antur Stiniog or Coed y Brenin?

If anyone fancies an all-day ride in CyB, I'll lay down this gauntlet...
https://www.strava.com/activities/568883284

3 hours ago, kirton said:

Forthe site owner's comfort factor;

My experience is that Shitefest isn't a bunch of hooligans, if required there is a bit of peer pressure.  Drinking, but not rowdy

I stayed after all had left the Bubble Car Museum;  I went around the site and all I found was two very small scraps of paper;  the site woners weren't 100% happy but they had only cut the site a day beforehand and there was long cut grass tramped into the toilet block, not our fault.  Quite likely the site will be tidier after our visit that it started.

When we hosted at the village football club visitors kept off the playing pitch as requested although there is no barrier to stop them.

Just prior to the SF we had had a new and rather fine kitchen installed, the pride and joy of the club ladies who were rather apprehensive about what state it would be left in after being used by unsupervised males - they would have us back again

It's looking good for me;  the van should be serviced and Motd this week, just needs step son not to prang it when he borrows it in a couple of weeks time

We even changed the bag in the hoover before we left 👍😂

1 hour ago, mat_the_cat said:

After SF Llangollen I was pleased to see that not only were member going round in the morning collecting the rubbish, they were also segregating the (not inconsiderable amount of!) bottles and cans for recycling. We're not a bad bunch!

If anyone fancies an all-day ride in CyB, I'll lay down this gauntlet...
https://www.strava.com/activities/568883284

Im oot