Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

Mrs K knows that there is likely to be a Shitfest this year and I reckon I have clearance to attend;  any date should be ok for me.  All I've got to do is get the campervan Mot',  hopefully not a problem with only 41k on the clock and no adverse comments so far from the guy who does an annual check and MoT.

I've been up to Beddgelert a few couple of times so I know the choice of routes to the area, quick it isn't

23 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Is everyone else too scared of camping?

Come on @trigger, it's more or less on the same latitude

@dollywobbler

@Cavcraft could probably cycle to this.

Our previous wonderful hosts @dollywobbler, @KruJoe, @Six-cylinder, @kirton and @Saabnut haven't called by yet.

Afraid of camping? This is the very type of event I bought my trailer for!

Sunnyjim               1,2,3

Ghosty.                        3

Flat 4.                         1,3

Hairnet.                     1,3

FatHarris.         1,2, maybe 3

Catsinthewelder. 1,2,3

DavidFowler2000   3

Willswitchengadge.  2

Mat the cat.               1,2

Anthony G.                 1,2,3

CMS 206.                    1,2,3

Brown Nova.              1,2,3

Twosmoke x3 

Fumbler.                        1,2,3

wuvvum.                        2,3

EightMegs                    2,3

Maybe

Doblo seven 

83c

Sorry for not getting back on this sooner it's been one of those weeks. 15-17th July looks to be the most popular date but so far only  23 people have expressed an interest but at £43.48 a head it doesn't look very viable for us to commit to taking the whole field for £1000. @LightBulbFun (and anyone else) the bunkhouse won't be open so those not wanting to camp would have to stay off site. The site is about 3 miles from Llanberis so there's loads of bed and breakfast and airb'n'bs in the area so you wouldn't have to stay in a Premier Inn/Travel Lodge.

I'm going to speak to Ted (the guy who owns the site) later this evening to see if it's viable for us to take just part of the site and if other guests are going to be around what kind of restrictions that might place on us in terms of noise etc. - are people still interested if we can't have the place to ourselves? I'm happy to try and organise something in this neck of the woods if people want to come.

If we're only going to be around 25 - 30 people I could look at other venues. One possibility might be the training centre where I work. There's 14 bedrooms (12 x single, 1 x double & 1 x twin), a field for those wanting to camp or the option of a camp bed in our large training shed. If we pay them we might be able to persuade the kitchen staff to do us a evening meal on the Saturday and breakfast on the Sunday. There's also plenty of inside space for people to gather and parking for 30 cars on hard standing so no danger of anyone getting stuck in a field if it rains!

41 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

If we're only going to be around 25 - 30 people I could look at other venues. One possibility might be the training centre where I work. There's 14 bedrooms (12 x single, 1 x double & 1 x twin), a field for those wanting to camp or the option of a camp bed in our large training shed. If we pay them we might be able to persuade the kitchen staff to do us a evening meal on the Saturday and breakfast on the Sunday. There's also plenty of inside space for people to gather and parking for 30 cars on hard standing so no danger of anyone getting stuck in a field if it rains!

That sounds brilliant 

@Ghosty@Flat4@hairnet@fatharris@catsinthewelder@davidfowler2000@AnthonyG@cms206@brownnova@Fumbler@wuvvum@Dobloseven@83C@Cord Fourteener

Right, Shitefest '22 in North Wales is go! Had a good chat this afternoon with Ted, the owner of the campsite. I explained that at this stage I only had about 20-30 people interested so hiring the whole campsite for the weekend of 15-17th July wasn't feasible. "No worries," he replied, "cos I've just realised I've already taken three bookings for that weekend." He's still happy for us to stay too, however and said he won't take any more bookings from other people.

So here's the deal: campers will pay £10 per person per night to camp. I realise that some people will be staying off-site and we might have some day visitors too, but we'll need to limit the numbers doing this so as not to take the piss. Perhaps we could have a nominal parking charge and give the money either to Ted or a charity of his choice?

We'll be at The Snowdon Inn Campsite, Llanberis Road, Cwm Y Glo LL55 4EE Link to website

snowdon-inn.jpg.4575b677157e261d26e043a4e773c452.jpg

The Bakehouse and the Cube Kebab Van  will be open in the evenings to feed us and Ted's going to ask both of them if either  might be willing to do us some breakfast baps of a morning. I'm putting out feelers to try and borrow some gazebos so we can have some communal space to shelter from the Welsh sun (or rain if it rains).

So please do come and have fun - shite am byth!

@twosmoke300could you change the thread title again please and maybe delete the poll if possible or should I just start a new thread?

Regarding previously mentioned comments about "Noise"...

We shared the campsite at the Bubblecar Museum with regular campers and there were no complaints. We're not a rowdy bunch and we always leave the site as we found it. IIRC the time we stayed at Llangolen Car Museum, the comment made that the only thing we left behind was a single bottle cap someone had lost in the long grass.

Also re: breakfast...
Regular Shitefest attenders will be aware that on Saturday morning myself and @cms206 will have limited supplies of angular, geometrically shaped sausage, tattie scones and Scottish crispy rolls that rip your gums apart. It usually goes down very well. @dollywobbler is usually first in the queue.

Suitable for motorhomes and small caravans. I'm sure Ted won't have a problem with people sleeping in cars either. He's a pretty laid-back bloke and from what you outlined above we'll have no problem complying with the few 'rules' there are at The Snowdon Inn.

For @LightBulbFun and anyone else who doesn't want to camp a colleague has a wooden chalet that's free that weekend. The accommodation consists of a double bed and two bunk beds in one room and a sofa bed in the living room, toilet shower and kitchen area - it's £50 a night all in. It's about half a mile from the campsite up a hill over looking the lake. If anyone's interested let me know asap and I'll get it booked.

8224841c-2508-44a2-b327-7b5f79f3117f.thumb.jpg.96d9ca67ef4306b7cf2a6071e14ef863.jpg1d57fc3c-8a9c-4b36-865a-a45e93fec2ab.thumb.webp.be9072063011dcbf2dac6c84b20e1ca3.webp

This link to it on airbnb will show it as booked - it is still available they've just sacked off airbnb and prefer to let it through word of mouth. airbnb link