Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

If people would be willing to come to my neck of the woods (LL55 postcode) I know the owner of a local campsite where I've held events before. There's toilets and showers on site and a small bunkhouse for those who don't fancy tenting it/sleeping in their cars/passing out in the open. There's also a small bakehouse on site that does pizza in the evenings and has been persuaded to do breakfasts in the past too.

If people are interested I'd be happy to make enquiries to see if we could gather there.

45 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

If people would be willing to come to my neck of the woods (LL55 postcode) I know the owner of a local campsite where I've held events before. There's toilets and showers on site and a small bunkhouse for those who don't fancy tenting it/sleeping in their cars/passing out in the open. There's also a small bakehouse on site that does pizza in the evenings and has been persuaded to do breakfasts in the past too.

If people are interested I'd be happy to make enquiries to see if we could gather there.

Plenty of fun stuff around there, old railways etc. Could go here again but a bit further from where we stayed a few years ago https://www.internalfire.com/event.php

4 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

If people would be willing to come to my neck of the woods

I think I might just be able to make it. Although I'd prefer to go via South Wales or something daft just to make a road trip of it!

Sounds excellent, and the on-site bakehouse is just the icing topping on the cake pizza. Well volunteered @Sunny Jim!

19 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

Plenty of fun stuff around there, old railways etc. Could go here again but a bit further from where we stayed a few years ago https://www.internalfire.com/event.php

Yeah, it's about 3 hours from proposed site to the museum. I'm sure they would welcome us again though. They're finding it a struggle at the moment, as you can well imagine. I may well be organising a HubNut meet at the museum at some point this year. Rumour has it the Fiesta is off for bodywork at some point this year. 

On 4/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, dollywobbler said:

Yeah, it's about 3 hours from proposed site to the museum. I'm sure they would welcome us again though. They're finding it a struggle at the moment, as you can well imagine. I may well be organising a HubNut meet at the museum at some point this year. Rumour has it the Fiesta is off for bodywork at some point this year. 

I would very much like to make use of my new trailer for a visit to the museum again

On 4/7/2022 at 5:39 PM, Sunny Jim said:

I'll try and contact the campsite owner over the weekend to see if this is a goer or not. Did the discussion get as far as any proposed dates and numbers likely to attend yet?

End of April was mooted originally but it was somewhat shot down as quite soon and early enough in the year that it would be cold and miserable. Later in the year with better weather certainly gets my vote. Provided I'm not working of course

On 06/04/2022 at 17:51, Sunny Jim said:

But far for me that… 😉😆

UPDATE FROM NORTH WALES! WE COULD BE HERE ⬇️

IMAG0469.jpg.d2bfedfc4ee340364e7e48b5c1eebeb6.jpg

I've spoken to the campsite owner and he's up for it. He did say that he likes to run a quiet campsite but appreciates that large groups tend not to be quiet. He therefore proposes that we rent the entire campsite for the weekend so we can have the place to ourselves. The cost would be £1,000 for the Friday to the Sunday. Is it realistic to expect 50 people to attend? Then a tenner a night to camp on a lovely site in Snowdonia with toilets, showers and a bar isn't bad really.

If this is going to happen I need to know numbers quickly. These are the dates I've been offered when the whole campsite is available:

1. 6th to 8th May

2. 13th to 15th May

3. 15th to 17th July

Please reply listing your preferred date(s) and let's see if we can make this happen - Shite Am Byth!

@twosmoke300 - could you maybe change the thread title to attract people's attention to this please?

• twosmoke300 changed the title to Shitefest 22 North Wales - pick your dates

Sounds good to me so long as we can get the numbers.  I'm supposed to be somewhere on the 8th but could probably get out of it/ be a little late.  I suggest we buy tickets so 10 hardcore shitters aren't left with £100 bill each if it rains.

Any volunteers to collect the ticket money?  

Cheers @twosmoke300 - can you create a poll in this thread otherwise I'll start a spreadsheet.

@catsinthewelder- good idea - I'd be happy to sell tickets, what do you reckon to £20 each and see what we can raise this way? Given the proclivities of the Welsh weather I'll look into to begging/borrowing/stealing a marquee so we can have a dry space to gather in - otherwise we can be outside round a large bonfire.

@beko1987it's downhill all the way there on decent A roads so you'll get there easy enough. Getting home on the other hand...

Might it be better to list dates we can't do, and pick the one with the least number non-attendees? I can't do the July dates, and only part of the the 13-15th May (although that's not an issue for me as I rarely tend to stay the whole weekend anyway).