Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

17 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

We could fix the toledo and drive it to shitefest 🤔

Or just use the trevi, it would drive to the chip shop with no bother... (would it drive to Shotley?) 

Because Shitefest is the end of April I don't think we will have time to fit the parts to the Toledo I have, work out what else we need, buy what we need, fit the new parts and test it ready for the 240 mile round trip in time. You are most welcome to give it a try and if you succeed take the Toledo to Shitefest 2022.

The Trevi ran out of MOT in August and while it ran, it was not that great. The plan is to get it out in the spring reMOT it and use it so I can trouble shoot it and get it reliable. The target is to get it running well and looking as good as a rusty old Lancia can for the 10/11 Sep which is the Beta's 50th Anniversary.

23 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

May I propose the first weekend in June (3rd / 4th / 5th - 4 weeks later)? Bit later, bit more time for folk to organise time off, lighter nights, warmer weather. Still outside school holidays.

Not my event so feel free to tell me to fuck off.

I suppose that weekend could already be 'booked up' for everyone as it's the bonus bank holiday, at my place I think the whole company is taking the week off just to say one days annual leave.

Although personally I would prefer a more 'summery' date as you suggest, previous SFs that I attended were in June.

I'm struggling a little bit this summer as I'm suddenly busy after 2 years of doing sod all, I've just noticed the 22nd May is also out the window now as the American truck nationals are being held on that field that day, 29th-Apr-1st May weekend is looking the clearest at the moment although i still need to check it's free with the pub as they have a lot of football and caravan events on this year too.

18 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

Although personally I would prefer a more 'summery' date as you suggest, previous SFs that I attended were in June.

Well, on the bright side should be less risk of overheating in bank holiday traffic if the temperatures are a little lower! I'll hopefully make it in the Stellar, gearbox and cooling system permitting!

• 2 months later...

I've just spoken to Trigger and the field is not available that weekend, in fact Trigger himself isn't that free these days either so I think he will most likely step back from being the organiser of the event. Happy to let him confirm though.

So, unless anyone has any other suggestions or potential arrangements/dates, Shitefest 22 is in jeopardy!

• twosmoke300 changed the title to Shitefest 22 ? Any ideas ?
6 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Is this still a go go @trigger?

29th / 30th /31st of April ?

31st of April? :???:

45 minutes ago, fatharris said:

So, unless anyone has any other suggestions or potential arrangements/dates, Shitefest 22 is in jeopardy!

Arse.  The Rose is a good venue though - I'd imagine there will be weekends later in the year that will be doable - might be better camping weather by then too.

Apologies for the lack of commutation on here,  totally my bad, i spoke to the pub but they had a caravan rally on that weekend and I'm struggling with dates over the summer as i seem to have a lot on, i'm happy to still hold a event though, is there a date later in the year would suit people any better?

That may actually work well though, as FOTU is only a one day event. Having somewhere to overnight before and after could make the trip a bit easier for those living a good distance away, as well as the possibility of a convoy! I dunno though, I'm easy. If I can make the date I will do.

I don't see this as fucked m8 or cancelled, surely just a chance for someone else to take the torch and get something organised? 

I'm not putting my hand up as I'll just say a repeat of sf15 at @Six-cylinder and that seems A an easy cop out and B I don't think the field has fully recovered from the mud bath of sf15 yet 😂

The year is young yet, we can't give up on sf this easily, Triggerfest can just happen another year 👍

On 1/24/2022 at 6:55 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Lancia Beta 50th Anniversary I don't know much yet, just it is taking place in Abingdon, Oxon over 2 days, there is a hotel to stay in, but it is only an hour away so I probably won't stay over.

https://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12206.0

or the x rally

both maybe :D

an oik on two wheels might be a bit much for them :D

theyd hate me nerd would out nerd them :D

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

https://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12206.0

or the x rally

both maybe :D

an oik on two wheels might be a bit much for them :D

theyd hate me nerd would out nerd them :D

Also

Citroen Autumn Rally, Chevrons 9-10 July, 3 miles from FoD

BL Day at Gaydon Sunday 10th, 32 miles from FoD

On 4/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Also

Citroen Autumn Rally, Chevrons 9-10 July, 3 miles from FoD

BL Day at Gaydon Sunday 10th, 32 miles from FoD

Would be a pretty cool weekend to meet at the FoD on the Friday night, do the Citroen gathering on Saturday and the BL day on the way home from the Field.

If someone can think of somewhere more central than Ipswich it might be an idea for as big a post-Covid AS reunion as possible? 

We haven't really had an SF that's accessible to pretty much everyone since 2017 - 2018 was in Devon, and 2019 in Aberdeenshire...