Shitefest 23...???

twosmoke300

29 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

@triggerwas meant to be organising a Shitefest but Covid rather ruined those plans. Hopefully he'll revive the plans? 

my plan for that was to pass my driving test, go full ham on getting REV road worthy and then drive down to my first shitefest in me Invacar :) 

of course all that got scuppered by the worlds tits going skyward

but I have finally managed to pass my test and REV is almost roadworthy now, so who knows I might just be able to do that after-all! :) 

I was unable to get the time off for Triggerfest last year. Shame 'cos it was a proper good distance that the Scottish are well reknowned for. That said I did manage the time off for Le Merdefest at Saabnut's French gaff that never happened either. Much sadface.

Potentially a 1000 mile round trip to stand in a field talking shit about shit cars. Yes please.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, davidfowler2000 said:

I was unable to get the time off for Triggerfest last year. Shame 'cos it was a proper good distance that the Scottish are well reknowned for. That said I did manage the time off for Le Merdefest at Saabnut's French gaff that never happened either. Much sadface.

Potentially a 1000 mile round trip to stand in a field talking shit about shit cars. Yes please.

There will be a 700 mile practice run to the FoD come the spring.

1 hour ago, groovylee said:

i'd def be interested in bringing the Ranger to a meet. :-)

whats the usual situation? camping?

Lee

Usually a mix of car sleeping, tents and local hotels. 

I think Mr trigger had worked most of that out before Covid hit, so hopefully it'll just be a case of re confirming all of that and carry on. 

I'll be in my small tent hopefully, and if I still have the Xsara I won't feel that it's in the boot as I did dragging it to and from sf(20? The Devon one) in the 1.4 zx 😂

We'll basically have this field

FB_IMG_1630011684275.thumb.jpg.3a9437a89833caa89b7c7ec5ef133e00.jpg

There's a pub in the left corner too so there's plenty of room., camping on the field, toilets on site, pub for food and there's a happy shopper a few doors up too. 

I'll arrange for a visit to the Ipswich Transport Museum too on the Saturday if there's interest, it's about a 25-30 min drive away. 

I'll have to check with the pub but I can't see it being a problem still but we'll need a date to forward to them, so one rather than later to make sure it's booked :)

3 minutes ago, MisterH said:

I am relatively new here, what is Shitefest all about then (Other than being a festival of Shite) 

Also whereabouts would it be?

Just the usual really, meeting up with forum members, chatting crap, drinking to much, getting naked and swapping car keys into a bowl, that kind of thing. 

If we get the go ahead it will be at the Rose pub in Shotley, Suffolk IP9 1NL 

1 minute ago, trigger said:

Just the usual really, meeting up with forum members, chatting crap, drinking to much, getting naked and swapping car keys into a bowl, that kind of thing. 

If we get the go ahead it will be at the Rose pub in Shotley, Suffolk IP9 1NL 

Thank you, I will definitely give it a think, I have family up there so might make a composite trip...