Brand new to motorbicycling - 2023 we go again..

JJ0063

On 10/14/2021 at 8:22 PM, JJ0063 said:

Just won this lot on eBay.. Iโ€™ve measured myself and checked the RST size guide so letโ€™s hope they fit!ย 
ย 

ยฃ185, theyโ€™re virtually new so Iโ€™m happy with that.ย 

0A8AE652-C466-43FD-BD43-5C5DAE2DB2B8.jpeg

45F75FAF-F025-479C-88AA-1DE7A5589110.jpeg

051BE412-07CA-47E8-93A7-3F8C21E91A71.jpeg

Well that didnโ€™t go to plan.

Boots are great, fit nice and whatnot

Jacket just fits with a t shirt, I assume thatโ€™s all youโ€™d want under the jacket tbh so will see.

Trousers, Jesus Christ. Unless Iโ€™ve misunderstood the RST size guide which says these should be a 32-34 waist, man alive I barely got them past my thighs. Nowhere near doing up round my gut.

ย 

Gonna see if I can flog the jacket and boots then just hang on to the boots, if not Iโ€™ll just get another pair of trousers as the jacket is about right.ย 
ย 

Boots seem to be worth ยฃ80 odd on their own so Iโ€™ve done alright with those and theyโ€™re actually really nice.

Never ever buy clothing without trying it on, because it never bloody fits and when you try to resell it you'll get offered 10p for it.

I have boxes full of really nice bike kit that isn't the advertised size :D

Its going to be chilly in your new vented jacket at this time of year, you might end up buying another yet :D

2 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Never ever buy clothing without trying it on, because it never bloody fits and when you try to resell it you'll get offered 10p for it.

Its going to be chilly in your new vented jacket at this time of year, you might end up buying another yet :D

Iโ€™ve just put the jacket and trousers on Facebook for the price I paid so Iโ€™ll see if I can shift them on ๐Ÿ˜‚

I wonโ€™t be taking my test until March, sorted the training out the other day - CBT is Feb as I want to get Xmas out the way so no rush to get the kit but just thought Iโ€™d be prepared!

At least Iโ€™ve got some nice boots!

7 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Iโ€™ve just put the jacket and trousers on Facebook for the price I paid so Iโ€™ll see if I can shift them on ๐Ÿ˜‚

I wonโ€™t be taking my test until March, sorted the training out the other day - CBT is Feb as I want to get Xmas out the way so no rush to get the kit but just thought Iโ€™d be prepared!

At least Iโ€™ve got some nice boots!

I have a set of Vanucci (I think) textiles you can have for the cost of postage if you want some all weather kit, I bought them online and they didn't fit (obviously)

3 hours ago, Jazoli said:

When I sold most ofย my kit before leaving the UK, I photographed everything with an openย tape measure in the photo to show the actual size, i.e. waist, inside leg, chest, shoulder to shoulder, etc.

Stated sizes are often way off. Most accurate seem to have been Alpinestars, as if it said chest size 58, it was a 58.ย 

4 hours ago, Jazoli said:

I have a set of Vanucci (I think) textiles you can have for the cost of postage if you want some all weather kit, I bought them online and they didn't fit (obviously)

Very kind offer thank you! I will hang on thoughย as knowing my luck they wonโ€™t fit either.

Iโ€™ve found a pair of matching leather bottoms on eBay which say size 38 on them so should be plenty big enough as Iโ€™m a 32-34 waist max, these have a decent adjustment so Iโ€™d rather them a bit loose then I can just do them up tighter! Will see if the auction stays low enough.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, Mally said:

I love the look of these MTs, thereโ€™s a 500 and a 350 version and I think itโ€™s only the 350 that has a disc brake up front.

A friend of mine rode a few when he was in the army and apparently they were a bit crap on the handling front. ย So bad in fact that when one got run over by a tank it didnโ€™t handle any worse๐Ÿ˜€

Currently trying to stop myself selling the Disco already and buying this,ย bearing in mind I wonโ€™t take my bike test until March.

ย 

Very local and very nice though, especially if knocked down to 2k..

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/triumph-street-triple-2400-ono/1417675605?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

Street Triple's are brilliant, I had a 2010 'R', they aren't the comfiest things but the engine and handling are right up there, that one looks good if the mods are to your taste, make sure its had the correct map put on to suit the exhausts, you can actually diy it with tuneecu if not, get it bought :)

I have a 2008 model too. Engine and chassis are superb, but rider comfort (for me) is absolutely awful. At least this one has a gel seat cover on it.

As for the suspension mods, Nitron shocks are good replacements. If you are heavier/lighter than 75kgs, call MCT and they will help in getting it set up for your weight. Daren there has worked his magic on a number of myย bikes in the past, with huge differences noticed on each, especially with lowered lap times and better tyre wear.

Not keen on those pipes and end cans on it, but if you can get it for two grand, you could do much much worse.

Just won this on eBay for ยฃ1600

Itโ€™s been off the road for a few months and will need an MOT, service and chain replacing.

ย 

going to hire a van and collect it from Kent in the week but the chap seems really genuine and has owned it since 2017.

ย 

Fingers crossed itโ€™s not a shitter!ย 

3DD84D11-AD2E-46BB-AE6D-D07851AA253E.png

That looks very nice!

I was in the exact same position 18 months ago. Passed my test two weeks before lockdown 1 and eventually bought a Honda CB650.

When it was delivered I took it around the block and remember thinking "I cannot believe I'm allowed out on this thing on my own"

Looking forward to following your progress with the tests, best of luck!

• JJ0063 changed the title to Brand new to motorbicycling - conveyance purchased

Hired a van and drove down toย Sittingbourne today andย collected the Street triple.

Really genuine lad who has owned it since 2017 but stopped using it since buying a car.

Itโ€™s lovely, needs a good clean up but starts straight up and runs nicely. Not pissing out oil and it sits at temp so all seems well.ย 

A814D7B8-CC0C-46D7-A757-388D30BA23C3.jpeg

B98F8DC3-A5FF-4314-9C33-8351498293A7.jpeg

52668D09-85D9-4C1B-9DE5-36C4553A5751.jpeg

D54C903E-9FC2-400B-87E1-11F6828B1560.jpeg

The tyres look OK but he did say he would personally replace them as theyโ€™ve gone a bit hard over time so Iโ€™ll get those done. Chain looks a bit old and dry too so will get the lot done with an MOT and service before I get on the road.ย 
ย 

Even if I throw ยฃ500 at it, itโ€™s still miles cheaper than any other one Iโ€™ve seen!

F3459B50-2474-40A0-898E-35B867270095.jpeg

EF1843DB-2E1D-47A9-BCE0-884B0F1BCE99.jpeg

34 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Have you taken it for a cheeky spin up a private* road yet?

I havenโ€™t even got a helmet yet so Iโ€™ve done nothingย more than sit on it in the drive! Mrs JJ absolutely loves it though and now wants to get her license too haha.
ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

every time I see a Speed Triple, it makes me think of this...

Johnny-Five.thumb.jpg.34344d4f01c1752e408cfdea7a93fa4c.jpg

Johnny-Five.pjp 88.23 kBย ยทย 0 downloads

Itโ€™s the only bit I donโ€™t like, in fact I donโ€™t like it that much that Iโ€™ve already bought a cafe racer style light that Iโ€™m collecting tomorrow to get rid of the white cowl and twin lights!ย 

FDF3B04F-8C97-434A-BFF6-0B61E95BC685.jpeg

• JJ0063 changed the title to Brand new to motorbicycling - Triumph Street Triple purchased