Wibble’s Wittering - Cortina, Senator & occasional Skoda & family ramblings, soz!

Wibble

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Take the senator , remember the police loved these things as they are bombproof 

Thanks and, yes, was always worried by a Senator in the rear view mirror back in the day. Looking quite likely that I’ll do this but will need some prep first.

It's a shame the same can't be said of the current range , we didn't bring any onto the fleet last year , still got Grandlands and Crossland off the road for engines and gearboxes , the amount of times I've seen " Low oil pressure " on a Vauxhall dashs in the last few years 

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It's a shame the same can't be said of the current range , we didn't bring any onto the fleet last year , still got Grandlands and Crossland off the road for engines and gearboxes , the amount of times I've seen " Low oil pressure " on a Vauxhall dashs in the last few years 

Indeed, I think the Mk 3 Cavalier, Carlton and Senator were Vauxhalls at their peak. All down hill since unfortunately, although @AnnoyingPentium’s Vectra should probably be allowed into this club too but only just🙂 as the Mondeo was better.

55 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Indeed, I think the Mk 3 Cavalier, Carlton and Senator were Vauxhalls at their peak. All down hill since unfortunately, although @AnnoyingPentium’s Vectra should probably be allowed into this club too but only just🙂 as the Mondeo was better.

Aye I'd agree with that statement. The Mondeo was more appealing inside, but the Vectra had those mirrors, and does the "an car" thing quite well for me.

5 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Aye I'd agree with that statement. The Mondeo was more appealing inside, but the Vectra had those mirrors, and does the "a car" thing quite well for me.

And it will for a long time to come. I had a brand new Mondeo Mk3 at the time and was given a new Vectra as a loan car when the Mondeo went in for accident repair (not my doing!), so could compare them directly. I have to admit, the Vectra felt more “solid” and better built but the Mondeo was a far better drive. I was disappointed, as I had the Senator even then and had hoped for better from the Vectra. Still, great to see yours still going strong!

Have this evening moved the illegally parked Bini to safety, I hope. Battery on charge all weekend and 10 litres of fresh fuel. Even getting the battery in and out is a pain in the arse on these ffs! 

To be fair though, after what must be 18 months at least, it did start first push of the button. Didn’t want to move though, much smoke from the clutch due to stuck brakes.