Criminal Shite

sierraman

On 10/9/2021 at 7:46 PM, Bradders59 said:

Who is undoubtedly a grade 1 dickhead, but it seems more than harsh to lump him in a group with a pair of evil child molesters.

Exactly, although Archer is a convicted perjurer, fraudster and literary criminal he's not a bad bloke in comparison to the other two.

1 hour ago, cort1977 said:

W124 2 door or even W126 SEC coupe were popular with Essex boys who were a bit moody in the 90s.  Along with classic range rovers as shown in those terrible British gangster films about the Rettendon murders.

Supposedly the Range Rover used in the murders is long gone, the one seen on eBay etc was ringed.

Ex F-I-L was an undercover copper, often had some tasty cars, I recall a BMW E21 with a straight 6 and loads of grunt. His department later had a Nissan 200SX, and an early Impreza Turbo saloon. 

Local dealer here has a white Range Rover on black alloys. Awful car for an awful person.

Those L200 trucks often seem to attract a certain type of thug owner.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, eddyramrod said:

I recognised him.  Who's the bottom pic?

On 10/9/2021 at 3:28 PM, HMC said:

That’s prisoner FF 8282; the lord archer of Weston super mare.

Very much in the context of this thread, my mothers next door neighbour bought a slightly foxed second hand Jaguar (or Jag shaped Daimler, it was awhile ago). The previous owner - one  Jeffery Howard Archer, Baron Archer of Weston-super-Mare. 

3 hours ago, chris667 said:

Any middle to senior management car graduates into to a drug dealer's car at a certain age.

Yeah, round here it's mostly mid-2000s A6s and A8s, usually with crusty front arches and big aftermarket rims.

20190515_131413.thumb.jpg.c871881696af2415e43e8d165f842071.jpg

Mmm, scab-tastic.

20190515_131405.thumb.jpg.c5897042356d0e24c0cdd4ee976b9c68.jpg

Bonus points for running 3psi in the tyres, too.

But then, these are the amateur wannabe wideboy types... 

US personal import, never UK registered and used for years on private land in Fermanagh, if memory serves. Picked up by a fellow-shiter for £not much as part of a deceased estate clearance sale.

I think the instrument panel failed - apparently a common problem with these - and no easy fix available in this part of the world.

You'd have to ask @R9UKE for the full story, he was the one getting rid of it here!

11 hours ago, sierraman said:

Supposedly the Range Rover used in the murders is long gone, the one seen on eBay etc was ringed.

I remember checking out the registrations of Peter Sutcliffe's cars last year & none of them are on the DVLA system.  Probably long crushed unless West Yorkshire police have any of them tucked away somewhere.

24 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

I remember checking out the registrations of Peter Sutcliffe's cars last year & none of them are on the DVLA system.  Probably long crushed unless West Yorkshire police have any of them tucked away somewhere.

I think most cars used in some sort of murder or whatever get fragged after the DNA folk have been over it. I’d heard the Diana Mercedes is still about, sat rusting in a container pending investigation.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:51 PM, High Jetter said:

I worked in parts for a Honda dealer in the late 80's, and the dealer principal bought a Sierra Cozzy to sell on. I can't remember exactly how, but it got nicked on a test drive, never seen again.

A friend of mine (about 10 years ago, I guess) had his Audi A3 3.2 for sale. They went for a test drive, the buyer liked it and back at the house, he went inside for the V5 and spare key as the buyer had agreed to buy it. He had left the key with the buyer. He saw the car disappearing. The car turned up, but dumped and trashed and it had been used for a few crimes in the intervening weeks

On 10/9/2021 at 3:28 PM, HMC said:

That’s prisoner FF 8282; the lord archer of Weston super mare.

A real wrong 'un.

I remember The New Statesman with Rick Mayall playing Alan B'Stard. Thoroughly recommended to anyone who hasn't seen that series. It's about a corrupt Conservative MP (Alan B'Stard). There was an episode where Alan was trying to arm the police and find a supplier of very cheap pistols who would give him a backhander. His accountant (Norman) knew of one but wanted money for the information.

Norman: I know a supplier, but it'll cost you.

Alan: How much?

Norman: An Archer.

Alan: An Archer?!?! But that's two thousand pounds!

For those who don't know, that's what Jeffrey Archer paid a prostitute to keep her quiet about their meetings

On 10/9/2021 at 3:43 PM, warch said:

People such as actual proper drug dealers for example tend not to be ostentatiously dodgy looking or drive cars that might draw attention to themselves, much safer to drive an anonymous  modern hire car or repmobile.

Dickhead low level gangsta (sic) wannabees tend to look dodgy as fuck (not helped by often spending much of their time off their face having sampled the goods). Their lifestyle accoutrements practically come in a kit, including a car that was flash 10 years ago, window tints and a marijuana flavoured air freshener (completely unnecessary given that the interior usually looks like Bodmin Moor on a wet November morning). In my day a blim burned puffa jacket, skater jeans, Dready t-shirt and baseball cap and a BMI score of 12 were also useful indicators.  

There's one I've seen around here looking a little less-than-reputable.  They've tried for non-descript but have failed.  It's a Corsa C van.  The most dull car you could imagine but oddly distinctive.

Also reminded of an anecdote Lady Grumpius' father shared.  Years ago he used to smoke around in a black 3.0 Alfa 164.  Surprisingly, he was a University lecturer (after having worked in car rentals for 35 years.  Long story.).  Talking to one of his Italian mature students, they asked him what he drove.  He told them.  The student's eyes light up.  'Ahhhh... Mafia car....'.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:51 AM, horriblemercedes said:

A real wrong 'un.

I remember The New Statesman with Rick Mayall playing Alan B'Stard. Thoroughly recommended to anyone who hasn't seen that series. It's about a corrupt Conservative MP (Alan B'Stard). There was an episode where Alan was trying to arm the police and find a supplier of very cheap pistols who would give him a backhander. His accountant (Norman) knew of one but wanted money for the information.

Norman: I know a supplier, but it'll cost you.

Alan: How much?

Norman: An Archer.

Alan: An Archer?!?! But that's two thousand pounds!

For those who don't know, that's what Jeffrey Archer paid a prostitute to keep her quiet about their meetings

If you ever meet me in the person, I'll tell you the truth about Archer. It's a lot more boring than the press made out.