Autoshite cars which are ULEZ compliant (excluding 40+ year old cars)

AndaBoss

14 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

The 1.8 is definitely plagued with the head gasket failure gremlin.

Not sure about the 2.0.
Would a Dirty Diesel not suit?

I don't really like diesels plus I don't think they're ulez compliant

If a rover 75 isn't feasible I think I'll consider the 2002 swift someone here mentioned

I was quite impressed to receive a letter from Transport for London informing me that my mutterbyke is not up to ULEZ standards. I live about 160 miles from Hyde Park Corner, which is the nearest extent of the zone to my res. 

I'll have to go in the old Landie or the Gashqai instead both of which are ULEZ exempt. My Land Rover is no stranger to London traffic having spent much of the early 70s navigating the highways (and byways) of the Capital when my dad was visiting my Mum who, as a nurse at Queen Mary's Hospital could only afford to live in Kensington. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:19 PM, Roverageous said:

I haven't found too much - the 1.8 I had only managed 25mpg (it may have been ill!) But my 2.0v6 usually averages around 30mpg. The V6 is a MUCH more reliable engine, and if it's looked after will go on and on...

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Round town my 2.5 KV6 is about 19mpg which is not great...

23 hours ago, warch said:

I was quite impressed to receive a letter from Transport for London informing me that my mutterbyke is not up to ULEZ standards. I live about 160 miles from Hyde Park Corner, which is the nearest extent of the zone to my res. ...

I had one a few weeks ago about the CX. Seven years to go, TfL; just you wait!!

On 10/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, PrinceRupert said:

Round town my 2.5 KV6 is about 19mpg which is not great...

Mine is used on a combined commute of around 30 miles each way - it's a mix of town driving and fast flowing A/B roads. On a long motorway run it'll do 36mpg average.

All figures calculated brim to brim!

What is worrying me is whether, once it's gone to the 406, they'll next extend to the M25. That'll be a right bugger. I guess I'd have to fork out for something ULEZ compliant (assuming they don't change the regulations as to the age cut off). I couldn't justify two non-compliant middle aged cars... I'd probably keep the Mondeo for trips out of town, tip runs etc and pay the charge on the odd occasion I need to use it. (though it'd be a real bugger if I had to pay £10 just to go the 2 miles down the country lane to the M25). The Bluebird is the less practical of the two, so who knows. 

Bland but easy to drive, comfortable and highly competent. Engine isn't quick but still surprisingly usable. Presumably because the amount of power from a comparatively large engine (than the competition) gives it more torque. 

I thought I'd hate it but tbh I'm actually quite enjoying driving it right now. Especially as it can do 40-50mpg without too much trouble. 

PXL_20211014_200411029.thumb.jpg.d80d0fca6adc782e3b392307af2148b6.jpg

Really cheap to buy as it's uglier than the Polo it's based on while having none of the badge kudos either. Also cheap and easy to find parts while still being reasonably easy to work on.